Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    From Phil Fish's Twitter feed:
    "9$ for a game like FEZ is a STEAL. i should be charging you 90$ you fucking ingrates."

What a likable guy!
    Some people are born to lead.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    From Phil Fish's Twitter feed:
    "9$ for a game like FEZ is a STEAL. i should be charging you 90$ you fucking ingrates."

What a likable guy!
    This in response to someone saying that selling game for 9$ (as in, 10% discount) is "pretentious".

I'm still trying to work out what a pretentious discount is.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    I'm still trying to work out what a pretentious discount is.
    A discount made by an Indie dev.
    I could try and explain it but you would have possibly never have heard of it or simply would not understand.
    Is... is that funny? I don't know anymore.

Yes, the people criticizing the discount are silly (most pre-orders have a 10% discount nowadays) but Fish's response makes him look like a massive twat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Yes, the people criticizing the discount are silly (most pre-orders have a 10% discount nowadays) but Fish's response makes him look like a massive twat.
    Well it's taken out of context. Even if I don't like the guy when it's put back into context I can get what he was saying. Ironic that the internet rants about outfits like Fox taking soundbites for its own manipulative purposes then does the same thing with Twitter posts...
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Well it's taken out of context. Even if I don't like the guy when it's put back into context I can get what he was saying. Ironic that the internet rants about outfits like Fox taking soundbites for its own manipulative purposes then does the same thing with Twitter posts...
    Can you blame them? I mean, have you ever actually tried to use Twitter?

I was taking him in context. He seems to have overreacted to the criticisms. You don't need to treat people as "fucking ingrates" even if they're being stupid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    If he said $9 for a game likes Fez is a steal, I'd think fair enough, but the second part kinda grates on me.
    steam: sketch

He's taking the piss, guys. He doesn't really think anyone is an ingrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I was taking him in context.
    Apparently you didn't, because it's clearly a sarcastic response aimed at an absurd comment. Again I don't like Fish but I can totally understand this response. Either that or you have a strange definition of "criticism" because calling a discount "pretentious" is nonsense.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Network Hub
    btw I just noticed FEZ on PC is being published by some company called "Trapdoor" (never heard of it), what's up with that? Couldn't he have published the game on his own?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIGS View Post
    btw I just noticed FEZ on PC is being published by some company called "Trapdoor" (never heard of it), what's up with that? Couldn't he have published the game on his own?
    Monetarily: Probably

But having a proper publisher helps to get it to multiple DD services and potentially skip the Greenlight process.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

They're the folks behind Warp and partners with Polytron to handle the publishing side of stuff amongst other things. They've been involved for a few years now (2011, I think?) and certainly helped publish it on XBLA (even though it goes out under the MGS banner)

How old is this Phil Fish guy? 12? Saw this on the Steam forum:

"it's #1 on steam right now and it's not even out yet.

you should boycott harder, nerds.

-phil"

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224760...6719094418300/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Heh he really is a bit of an arse isn't he. I really want the game, though. Hmm.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    There's no way these comments can be taken with a completely straight face. He's playing up his image and trolling. I think it's brilliant, but he should take it further, go more outrageous until he's waist-deep in butthurt.

There's an edit on the Steam Post, this has been added after the boycott message:

'Thanks for an amazing first day on steam! we're all amazed by the reaction so far! we're going to need some kind of spreadsheet calculator to keep track of all these sales!'
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 23-04-2013 at 12:54 PM.

it's #1 on steam right now and it's not even out yet.
    you should boycott harder, nerds.

-phil
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/224760...9094418300/#p1

Not very nice indeed. Hmm...

Edit: Sorry, as I see this has already been posted here. I really want to play this game, but even if it IS a brilliant troll, it's still trolling. I expected better of him and maybe he should grow up a little bit.
    Last edited by strange headache; 23-04-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    There's no way these comments can be taken with a completely straight face. He's playing up his image and trolling. I think it's brilliant, but he should take it further, go more outrageous until he's waist-deep in butthurt.
    Oh he plays it up much like (Dr) Derek Smart, because internet drama is always great publicity. But now he's crossing from "heh, what a dick" into "man, what a prick" territory. Sarcastically responding to an absurd comment about a "pretentious" discount? Okay, I get it. "Boycott harder, nerds" is stoking the fire.

Also, as a cautionary tale, (Dr) Derek Smart's name is worth little more than a joke (which I keep using because he still hasn't turned up), so controversy and being a pretentious trolling prick might work in the short term but it won't work forever.

Apparently you didn't, because it's clearly a sarcastic response aimed at an absurd comment. Again I don't like Fish but I can totally understand this response. Either that or you have a strange definition of "criticism" because calling a discount "pretentious" is nonsense.
    I know he's not being serious, but on the internet the line between acting like you're a prick and looking as an actual prick is very thin. He's not helping himself with these comments.

And of course the pretentious discount stuff is completely bollocks and the people making those comments should be fired off the internet.
    Last edited by Tikey; 23-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.