Missions:
  • Bend
  • Roadside
  • Crash site
  • BlackFolkDown (limited objectives)
  • Finale XL
  • Cholo (afterparty)

Comrades, tonight was glorious in so many different ways. Let's make a list:

• 62 comrades made it along tonight, making this almost as large as one of our joint ops.
  • Slotting was smooth and rapid (apart from when I got my maths badly wrong in Crash site - thanks for your patience).
  • Our performance across all the missions was nothing short of epic ...
  • ... but I have to single out the platoon's superb performance in BlackFolkDown under debutant CO, audiox.
  • We even managed to kill every last tank in Finale XL - despite it being 'like the end of Platoon'.

But most of all, it was glorious because lots of people who don't often command stepped up and took leadership slots, and proved that actually they're pretty damn good at this. We tried something different with regard to slotting tonight; I'll write more about it in my own AAR post, but for now I'd like to thank all the comrades for co-operating with our slightly different approach to slot-selection. I hope you'll agree the results were impressive this evening, but more than that, I hope more comrades now feel confident of their ability to lead.

As for the missions? Bend was executed very successfully, but we waited too long before withdrawing, and a surviving enemy BMP-2 executed us. Roadside was pulled of very competently, and even though the platoon took some significant losses at the start (mostly in Alpha), we were able to recover and go on to clear the AO and secure all the abandoned trucks. Crash Site was its usual, chaotic self, but there was a resolution: OPFOR managing to secure the data and extract successfully, despite suffering traumatic losses. Then it was on to BlackFolkDown (limited to 2 objectives), which was pulled off with real style. That so many troops and Blackhawks survived to the final extraction says even more than the two warlords we took out of the city alive. Finally, to counteract all the awesomeness and bring back the death that is the hallmark of FA sessions, we played Finale XL; but even in this mission we were simply glorious. There was heroism going spare, and we killed all the tanks in the end. The angry, angry tanks. Then we got high on PCP and tried to forget. Except I don't want to forget this session, because you rocked.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really helps us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:v:
For more replies (and to add your own), please see: http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=828