Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Added Pistol Whip.

I hear mesmers can steal certain long-lasting buffs from certain bosses. Is there any truth to that?

They can steal 25 stacks of might if that is what you were referring to. Pretty sure they cannot get their grubby little hands on them Defiant stacks though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I guess the thought is that if the bosses apply 25 might for 1 minute, the mesmer can help herself to that. I noticed some of the mobs in the new dungeon have very long buffs. (Can't thieves steal boons too?)
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    Not only can the Mesmer steal up to 3 boons (while gifting up to 3 conditions at the same time) from an enemy, a handy signet also allows them to share the fruits of their larceny with the rest of the party...

You really want to look for long lasting, powerful boons though since it can't be repeated too often. (the 25 stacks of might for example typically only last 5s, with the mob reapplying them to itself on a regular basis)

Added sword auto canceling for ranger and attunement swapping for elementalist. I'm sure there are many more elementalist tricks I have no idea about.

I'm not sure I understand, why not disable auto-attack?

Two skills in the chain leap. You cancel the leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Two skills in the chain leap. You cancel the leap.
    Got it, thanks for clarifying.

Added spirit weapon swap thing. The double sword auto may not work anymore, I'll have to check that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Rangers can still control their pets in the downed state, as in the F key controls still work. So if your pet is still alive you can send it to attack something rather than rez you.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Don't forget on alts to use low level sigils n runes as they can make a big difference plus as I've realised - transmutation stones allow you keep said runes etc as you get incrementally better weapons n armour and from my original character I have 50 odd.

On a strict thread note - necro staff powers 3 and 4 (I think). Hook yourself to them and freeze/condition their asses THEN scare them off. Not much point doing it the other way round.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Necro, Dark Path. Can be shot at reflection effects (Wall o' Reflect, Feedback) to turn the projectile over into your opponent's possession. If it hits you, your enemy will shadowstep/teleport to you, instead of the other way around. Useful for extracting people from a blob. Note: Needs verification, just heard about it on a podcast.

Obscure Node
    Elementalist:

The Phoenix weapon skill (Scepter MH - Fire 3) should be aimed through the intended target(s) as it will hit 3 times instead of once because it travels to the intended blast site and then back to you.

Lightning flash (utility) can be used in a number of interesting ways, particularly to ambush unsuspecting players in WvW/sPvP using for instance Burning Speed (Dagger MH - Fire 3) or Churning Earth (Dagger OH - Earth 5), blinking will not interrupt the cast.

Fiery Greatsword is great for running away from a zerg, Fiery Whirl (3) and Fiery Rush (4) are on short cooldowns (5s and 10s respectively) & can almost be chained to give some impressive mobility combined with swiftness from swapping to air attunement periodically

Evasive Arcana (Arcane trait 11) can be used as a blast finisher in earth attunement.

these are rather basic, but they're not immediately apparent from the skill descriptions

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Ranger Path of scars works as pull and interrupt from time to time. Checking all the stuff.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Added about half the new things for now.

Added a couple more, and Signet of Agility for some clarification.

Some elementalist underwater abilities. I'm pretty desperate for a way to do damage underwater so every bit helps.

Network Hub
    I don't know how much use it actually has, but (Ranger) spirits also count as plants. So if there is a place with a lot of them, Plant Slayer might go a little bit faster - though I don't recall anywhere where that's the case.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

sPvP from what I hear.