Secondary Hivemind Nexus

[VS] Blam goes the crown

Just a video of a pretty damn effective gal drop.

That was lovely.

Recruitment video, right there - I would wager?

What's the tune?

I am finding myself smiling more and more at videos of people in completely inappropriate camo "doing the business".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Who are those absolute badasses?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Music is:
    Crystal Method - High Roller

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Nice! Agree with Luthor, that is a pretty good advertisement for RPS right there. I really like the sound of the tight and clear use of comms behind the music. This is what we become when we put our warfaces on.

Good job!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Last edited by bonkers; 08-05-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    If this was yesterday I'm jealous, was going to play but my head was on the verge of exploding so I had to go to bed early

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, silly Germany and your hatred of copywritten music.

What you don't hear in that video is my orders, but I think they were mostly along the lines of "Sunderers, Sunderers, Sunderers!". Also instructions to get the A and C, but push the spawn rather than B (I think that way around)

The Crown we won partly through the good play you see there, but also through hitting it at the right time. The enemy levels were reported as "platoon" with a 35/65 VS/TR split at the base, TR trying to push out and grab palisade, TI alloys, etc. We dropped most of a platoon on there (you can hear Laldy calling out that we fill up). So we dropped, got spawns and swarmed them back. In doing so we beheaded a cut-off TR island in the middle of the map.

What I think went really well was what happened next. We grabbed vehicles and pushed down through Palisade, East Canyon and Briggs Labs as fast as we could. We swarmed through the west sat of Mao (the only one that actually gives decent spawns for attacking the base), clearing it very quickly of the prowlers and lightnings that were forming up there. As we pushed the base, coffeetable pulled us a shieldbreaker sundie. We went in through the vehicle doors (which thanks to West sat and vehicle support we completely controlled the approach to). Once a team was through we got up and maintained a series of AMS Sunderers inside the base, resulting in an ultimate capture despite a TR population fluctuating between 56-52%. We then held the base against furious TR assault until the Esamir alert finished, and numbers went from 40/60 to 30/70. At which point we vanished into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    If this was yesterday I'm jealous, was going to play but my head was on the verge of exploding so I had to go to bed early
    It's our Crown assault from Monday's night (around 21H30 CEST)

So, this was what you were doing while I was bandying about in Neverwinter...

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    It's our Crown assault from Monday's night (around 21H30 CEST)
    Ah, had a card game that night :3

I was fighting vampire sky pirates that night. (Wooo! Roleplaying Games! Nerdiest of hobbies XD)

But this looks awesome, wish I'd been around.

Activated Node
    It was very satisfying to just sweep over the Crown and lock it down like that.

Obscure Node
    That was a great drop on the Crown, I ended up pushing B I think in a Max with a different Gal group. That was the first time it didn't feel like wading uphill through syrup to beat your head against a brick wall.

A great strategic call!

To be fair to the poor NC (?), The Crown has been pretty harshly nerfed lately, so its reputation is not quite as well-deserved any longer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    To be fair to the poor NC (?), The Crown has been pretty harshly nerfed lately, so its reputation is not quite as well-deserved any longer.
    TR.

And I'm not quite sure how it's been nerfed exactly. It's the same as it has been for months, no?

Months? Spawn room no longer in the tower, is the biggest change. Then I might have been mixing in the change from Test, that hasnät yet gone live, where cap points are basically out on the bloody bridges leading to The Crown.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I thought the spawn room not in the tower had indeed been like that for a long time. The test server changes to cap point location have not gone through to live yet.