Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    they can still be locked, but it doesnt make much of a difference.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I think everyone was happy with the idea of new threads that contained the information and then was just locked.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

well let me know whats preferred and Ill arrange it.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah I really think that three entirely new threads which are only editable by mods and that contain the relevant and important information are key - for example, a thread that contains only the Mumble information for the setup that we are now using. Locked, stickied, top of the board. Maybe even just one post explaining Mumble comms and linking to the guide that zekone and GinSoaked put together.

The issue with having the current Mumble thread stickied is it contains a huge amount of discussion and out-dated information. We want to make the learning curve from not knowing anything to getting in game and on Mumble with us as easy and straightforward as possible.

like so?

- Tom De Roeck.

Network Hub
    For the Useful Links and possibly a General Introduction I'd like to suggest that we begin to contribute to http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/PlanetSide_2_Wiki and direct players there. It's searchable, mostly done for us already, and contributes to PS2 as a whole. It needs to be updated with the newest stuff (UI improvements, capture mechanics, numbers for guns instead of bars), but it's actually a solid introduction to the game and has a lot of the stuff that we'd need to create from scratch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    like so?
    Yes, that's a good start! Now most of the information in the Mumble thread is out of date, so we should replace that as soon as possible.

Hm. Cant actually edit the text. Weird.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Cooper might have to do that himself then, I guess. If we put together the information he needs, it'll make his job easier, probably.

well then. start compiling!
    - Tom De Roeck.

If you can't edit the posts wouldn't it be better to make new ones instead and sticky those in place of the current threads? Stickying out of date information is not going to help new people find what they need.

Cooper has made new threads and given them a sticky for the two currently most required topics, how to join us on mumble and what the outfits are.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Those threads are from January and October, they aren't new.

They're still just 1 or two posts long though and Cooper being the author of both can edit them as needed.

Steam ID

actually no, that was me. I just copied them into new threads.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Yes I can do everything. I just wanted people to have something to turn to without having to read through shit. Someone edit the mumble thing, post a new thread about it, and I will copy the contents.

actually, nevermind. I cannot edit other peoples posts, just deleted, move, merge, etc.

WAIT. that gives me an idea.

EDIT: ok, I can edit the post. So please make a post in the old mumble thread with which to overwrite it.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 24-04-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Yeah, good job! I can't do this right now. At work. Can do later tonight, but wouldn't mind if someone else did it. Have been doing a lot of RPS "paperwork" recently.

That's awesome Quantacat, I'll try and get something together for that this morning. How does splitting it into three posts within that thread sound?

1.Basic Mumble setup
    2.Basic keybind guide
    3.Advanced guide for PLs and SGs

roger that.

also, filmmaker? when where who?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    We need to unsticky the Mumble Setup guide. It is horribly out of date, and not in line with our current setup. Esoteric, Zekone, GinSoakedBoy (I've already told you that, but that is a great song!) and of course others who wish to contribute, could you point me to which post(s) best reflect our current setup? Is there a guide yet?