Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Hehe, it's always nice when people get the reference. I posted up a new basic guide in the Mumble thread. I'm just working on reformatting the SL/RO/PL guide and I'll post that up. Then I'll do a 'super advanced, quite complicated, FOR SCIENCE' mumble guide for multi platoon communication.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post
    Hehe, it's always nice when people get the reference. I posted up a new basic guide in the Mumble thread. I'm just working on reformatting the SL/RO/PL guide and I'll post that up. Then I'll do a 'super advanced, quite complicated, FOR SCIENCE' mumble guide for multi platoon communication.
    Just checked it out. It is really short, which is even better. Just needs pictures. Zekone had those methinks? Anyway, since you three guys (EsotericReverie - who of course came up with all that ACL wizardry, Zekone, GinSoakedBoy) did all the job on the new setup, I guess that you should agree among yourself first, and when you come to a conclusion, I'll sticky that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Just checked it out. It is really short, which is even better. Just needs pictures. Zekone had those methinks? Anyway, since you three guys (EsotericReverie - who of course came up with all that ACL wizardry, Zekone, GinSoakedBoy) did all the job on the new setup, I guess that you should agree among yourself first, and when you come to a conclusion, I'll sticky that.
    Ah, I didn't realise the images only worked for me. I'll sort that and post up the ammendments. I think it would be better to post up that guide as it is, then make any changes later. Just because it would be better to replace the current, out of date post than wait to get it perfect before we do that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Agree with that sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Agree with that sentiment.
    Just wanted to make sure that you agree on what is posted. If so, I'll check the mumble thread again for GinSoakedBoy's amendments and sticky that.

I'm having some problems with the images, bear with me, I should have it sorted in a minute.

nice to see youre getting active but you kindof missed me clearing that up. also, it should be a mod that posts it, otherwise the editing becomes tricky.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    You can just copy the message contents and post them yourself though, right? Reply with quote, and copy everything inside the quote, should work.

yes, but just sticking it wont. which is what it sounded like eclectic wanted to do.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    yes, but just sticking it wont. which is what it sounded like eclectic wanted to do.
    I think you need to edit Cooper's Mumble post with the first post of the new guides, and then copy and post my new guides into that thread one after the other. As Esoteric said, you can use the quote function to get a good copy and paste.

sadly, it only works through the merge function if one of you guys are simply stickied. so either me or ecpectic will copy the content and itll be "in our name"

anyhow, did you fix it?
    - Tom De Roeck.

sadly, it only works through the merge function if one of you guys are simply stickied. so either me or ecpectic will copy the content and itll be "in our name"
    I'm not sure I follow. But perhaps you could just delete the current sticky and start a new post, copy my guide to it, lock and sticky it?

anyhow, did you fix it?
    Yes, the images all work now.

Basic Mumble Guide

Some other useful Mumble settings

Advanced Mumble Guide
    Last edited by GinSoakedBoy; 24-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Coming late to the conversation - but I think you should alter the titles of those top two posts to include the [RPS] tag since it's not relevant to the Traitors, and then give Bankrotas (or whoever) a kick and see if they want some sort of sticky of their own tagged [RTRS]. We should look after our traitorous chums as much as possible - they do get less exposure than the Giraffes after all.

Otherwise Awesome work everyone, carry on. I'll be over here, with the brandy.

actually, the outfit one is a summary post for all the outfits.
    - Tom De Roeck.

actually, the outfit one is a summary post for all the outfits.
    Error, I may only have read the Mumble one before posting... silly Grible is silly.

Thats ok, stage technicians always are. ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    Coming late to the conversation - but I think you should alter the titles of those top two posts to include the [RPS] tag since it's not relevant to the Traitors, and then give Bankrotas (or whoever) a kick and see if they want some sort of sticky of their own tagged [RTRS]. We should look after our traitorous chums as much as possible - they do get less exposure than the Giraffes after all.

Otherwise Awesome work everyone, carry on. I'll be over here, with the brandy.
    Nulkigan made a really good point in another thread that the [RPS] tag is utterly meaningless to anyone who hasn't played the game.

Square bracketed tags are so totally part of PS2's nomenclature that it seemed and obvious way of making the disctinction. But we share initials with every other game community here and unless you have played the game a while it's not apparent that [RPS] distinguishes the thread as relevant to the VS outfit, these tags need changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Ok

Too many sticys.

Seriously, stuff is up there that doesn't need to be stickied and / or would be at the top anyway because it's in constant use.

Also: Well done Eclectic for spotting the announcements function. Let's use this for specific events such as training & C2A.

Though it does mean we don't need a sticky for the training thread as well.

Things we should sticky:
    - Mumble
    - Outfit details thread
    - Outfit guides (we should merge the Cert and Outfit Guides into one thread on "guides" in general once the outfit guide is completed)

Very little else.

The point of stickys is for new people to know where to go first. It's a bit of a mess at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

the anouncements system is a bit of an eyesore for the rest of the forum though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

the announcements system is a bit of an eyesore for the rest of the forum though.
    Even better, I say. The point is to draw people's attention to it. I wish that stickies also had a different CSS style.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Ok

Too many sticys.

Seriously, stuff is up there that doesn't need to be stickied and / or would be at the top anyway because it's in constant use.

Also: Well done Eclectic for spotting the announcements function. Let's use this for specific events such as training & C2A.

Though it does mean we don't need a sticky for the training thread as well.

Things we should sticky:
    - Mumble
    - Outfit details thread
    - Outfit guides (we should merge the Cert and Outfit Guides into one thread on "guides" in general once the outfit guide is completed)

Very little else.

The point of stickys is for new people to know where to go first. It's a bit of a mess at the moment.
    I agree with all of Cooper's points. The problem though with the announcements system is that it only displays the latest announcement. I tried un-stickying the two unrelated threads, but they get lost in the mess. Sure, if people click on it, they read the rest, but if the top announcement isn't that interesting to many, not many will click, and so they won't read the rest of the announcements. Perhaps though I should still un-sticky Facilities Training and Call to Arms?

Suggested procedures?

Also, I think we should come up with a sticky for Forum Guidelines. Perhaps main threads, what is discussed where, and so on.

Finally, even with moderator powers, this is still a mess, one which I don't know how to approach, let alone solve. Subforums are sorely missing. I'm just putting it out there, FolkARPS have a separate site, but still use this one for major announcements and AARs.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 07-05-2013 at 12:49 PM.