Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I play a front line medic and since getting max revive tool the amount of certs I get daily has increased dramatically.

Yes other medics will get revives too but there's plenty to go around.
    Ok well there we go. Question answered. Thank you!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    There have been times where I've gotten 5 revives by being the only medic around in the space of about 20 seconds. That's a lot of xp right there. It happens more often than not. Usually the only time you see a lot of medics scurrying around for reviving is in biolab fights that have already been won and they're just reviving the people who try shoot through the shields.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post
    Qaz, those builds look awesome! Is there a way to link to the build on the website instead of having it on the guide? I think it may be a bit neater, no big deal if not though.
    There actually seems to be a way!
    Can you test whether this link works for you? http://www.ps2builder.com/#vEw2a2fTwz2rTAm2lScEaCAeEab

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    There actually seems to be a way!
    Can you test whether this link works for you? http://www.ps2builder.com/#vEw2a2fTwz2rTAm2lScEaCAeEab
    594cp with engy and mag stuff?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Engineer stuff is expensive. I deliberately included the ammo pack after someone mentioning how he felt that it was the best certs he had spent yet. Totally overlooked that.

Either way, major progress has been made. Most parts of the guide are ready for the final editing pass, so go and read that thing. comment away. No changes in the class specific sections anymore please. First steps is still not finalised, so edit away.

Link (for the lazy): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...QOg7Ksotsgahg/

P.S.: I'm not opposed to altering the '500 cert recommendations'. If you have alternating suggestions, please flesh them out and provide a link using http://www.ps2builder.com. You get the link by saving and loading the build.
    Last edited by qaz; 29-04-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Ah, sorry, I wasn't saying it was expensive, just checking that the stuff I was seeing is what you had intended.

Edit: The guide is looking really good!
    Last edited by GinSoakedBoy; 29-04-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think that what you've put together so far is great. However it's also really quite epic now.

I've (very heavily) summarized it, and along with a link to the full guide, put it on the website here. Once this is actually finished, I'm quite happy to look into ways we can make it a bit more approachable on the website - so expandables, images, separate pages for each class guide etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I've (very heavily) summarized it, and along with a link to the full guide, put it on the website here.
    Summary looks really good and to be honest more like what I would expect from a beginner's how-to-cert guide.

One thing I'm still slightly unsure about - is it really worth recommending resist shield as an immediate buy for newbies? From what I know it seems less beginner friendly than nanomesh shield or whatever the other one is. The nanowhatever can be activated at low health to provide the same flat amount of damage absorption, potentially saving the little giraffe's life.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Nanite Mesh Generator, NMG.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Both guides are content-complete for now.
    Cert guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...QOg7Ksotsgahg/
    Weapons guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ya2JaVP7s_vOo/

Editing has been disabled, but both documents can be commented on. If you see something that needs to be revised, let me know.

Obscure Node
    Great work on the guides Qaz. Sad that it's now comment only - what am I meant to do with my lunch breaks now that I can't happily grammar-nazi and spellcheck away!?

Awesome, are we posting these in some sort of 'Index Thread' with links to useful guides and threads? Also, we should link to them on the webby.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    I think I should do a sticky with those two guides. In that post, also a link to this thread, where further amendments may be discussed, and questions answered. To that end, should I also change the title of this tread to "Discussion of Giraffe certification guides"? Also, anything else to include before the sticky is posted? Finally, whom do I credit as the authors?

Don't sticky this thread. Make a new thread, titled something that is easy to understand, post the guides there and lock the thread. Link to this thread for discussion. Keeping the discussion out of the stickied threads was one thing we agreed on earlier, right?

Edit: I can't read, apparently. Sorry.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Authors: Cfftble, WallyTrooper, Rizlar, Gin, Bonkers, CMaster, Grible, Gibbonius, and someone else who's now angry that i forgot them. sorry!
    Last edited by qaz; 03-05-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Angry now! Very angry! All the rage!!!!!111

Okay, others most likely contributed more then little me
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Come now, calm down, what have we been saying about rage-posting on these forums? As a [RPS] human relations official (outfit daddy), I feel I need to step in here and get you all to tone this down a bit.

Oh, and, while off-topic, since this hasn't been mentioned for quite some time: if you have any problems with anyone in-game or on Mumble, do let me or Wibbster know (in-game /tells, PMs, email, catch us on Mumble...). We'll act as middlemen and sort the situation out, avoiding any kind of confrontation.

And please note that the first paragraph was a joke. Just to be perfectly clear.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Authors: WallyTrooper, Rizlar, Gin, Bonkers, CMaster, Grible, Gibbonius, and someone else who's now angry that i forgot them. sorry!
    *cough*

;_;

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    *cough*

;_;
    damnit, i knew i had forgotten someone important. should've waited longer with deleting tags, lol.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    After its unexpected buff to reload speed, I believe that the Serpent is the best recommendation for a carbine: highest RoF and DPS carbine in the game, considerably better ADS accuracy and experience than the VX6-7, comparable hipfire accuracy.

Also, the buff to reload speed for the gun itself and the GU8 buffs to the Compensator and Forward Grip attachments make the SVA-88 an even greater weapon. Although Forward Grip somewhat increases the equip time, the SVA-88 itself received a reduction in equip time, so the net result is the same as before. Also, the SVA-88 received a slight nerf in the form of slightly reduced recoil settling, but the buff to the Compensator makes it feel even smoother.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 05-05-2013 at 04:25 PM.