Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What is the most shooty of manshoots?

I'm currently playing Dishonoured and Human Revolution, and neither is really satisfying my trigger-pulling urges to kill baddies. It's all sneak around this and hack that. I find myself seeking out some sort of beautiful gun orchestra I can turn to every now and then to just pump things full of lead.

What's the most satisfying shooter you know of with modern day weapons?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Battfield Bad Company 2/Battlefield 2(dont know about 3), and the Call of Duty series. Although I dont know how replayable it all is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    For sheer wackiness, there's Saints Row: The Third
    For endless pew pew of faceless baddies, there's Borderlands 2
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Soldier Of Fortune 2
    Hidden And Dangerous 2
    Max Payne 1/2
    STALKER series ( All three games)

gonna leave rest for other to post.

Network Hub
    RAGE, despite the disappointing overworld and vehicle segments, makes the shooting of the mans quite well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    The only correct answer is Serious Sam.

Network Hub
    I'm going to go against the masses and suggest RAGE. The guns have punch and the enemies react to them. Shoot a running mook and he will stumble. It is sadly very consolish in its UI, but the gun mechanics are meaty and satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    The only correct answer is Serious Sam.

No..Ultimate Doom! Painkiller! Erm erm,UNREAL TOURNAMEEEEENT ! :v

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    No..Ultimate Doom! Painkiller! Erm erm,UNREAL TOURNAMEEEEENT ! :v
    While those might be better *games* than Serious Sam (although I never cared much about Painkiller), the thread's question is "What is the most shooty of manshoots?"

And to *that* question, the only correct answer is Serious Sam. No game is more shooty.

Throwing my hat in for Borderlands 2 as well, picked up the season pass but not had time to check out the latest DLC yet (Hammerlock).

BF3 isn't a bad choice either but you might be a little late to the party, don't ever buy it for the single player. All the DLC has now dropped and it's all about waiting for BF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    While those might be better *games* than Serious Sam (although I never cared much about Painkiller), the thread's question is "What is the most shooty of manshoots?"

And to *that* question, the only correct answer is Serious Sam. No game is more shooty.

Why is SS your choice,because you have hordes of enemies ? Does that equal the shootiest game ?

I don't know why I forgot Serious Sam.

Serious Sam, when I first tried it, reminded me of going to an arcade after years' hiatus and seeing that Time Crisis had gone through several iterations since my last time in those hallowed halls. This light-gun arcade shooter had uzis that had mechanical kickback. And the whole game was like "what are the most ridiculous areas with lots of things that are cool to shoot that we could have you fight bad guys?"

I sunk so much money that day.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Why is SS your choice,because you have hordes of enemies ? Does that equal the shootiest game ?
    Serious Sam has the highest total-playing-time/time-spent-actually-shooting-things ratio and is therefore considered the shootiest of all. Science, son.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Serious Sam has the highest total-playing-time/time-spent-actually-shooting-things ratio and is therefore considered the shootiest of all. Science, son.

Then we could say that TF2 is shootiest shooter there ever is,because guess what do you do all the time,shoot stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Then we could say that TF2 is shootiest shooter there ever is,because guess what do you do all the time,shoot stuff.
    Unless you're invisible, or a medic, or an engineer, or a pyro, or waiting for respawn. =P
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I don't know why I forgot Serious Sam.

Serious Sam, when I first tried it, reminded me of going to an arcade after years' hiatus and seeing that Time Crisis had gone through several iterations since my last time in those hallowed halls. This light-gun arcade shooter had uzis that had mechanical kickback. And the whole game was like "what are the most ridiculous areas with lots of things that are cool to shoot that we could have you fight bad guys?"

I sunk so much money that day.
    Crisis Zone, right? That was a darned good one. I loved shooting up the sports store, and going outside and seeing colourful balloons everywhere was just a joy.

Now, to business- the OP wants a manshooter with modern weaponry, and I'm not sure Serious Sam properly fits either of those criteria. It does, however, fit the criteria of facing so many charging enemies that you hold down your trigger until you've emptied one weapon, pulling out another, emptying that, and falling back to your shotgun like an old lover. Isn't that what everyone wants, really?

Played a demo of Serious Sam when it came out yonks ago. Hated it. Also, I'm looking for the most shootiest of manshoots. Serious Sam's enemies are not men

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    If we go by that metric, then Speed of Doom may be the shootiest of all shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Crisis Zone, right? That was a darned good one. I loved shooting up the sports store, and going outside and seeing colourful balloons everywhere was just a joy.
    Internet high five.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by roryok View Post
    Played a demo of Serious Sam when it came out yonks ago. Hated it. Also, I'm looking for the most shootiest of manshoots. Serious Sam's enemies are not men
    That's a really weird criterion.. Do you want to shoot things of the species Homo Sapiens, or just anything man-shaped? Do men have to feature as enemies exclusively? Do the men have to carry guns? Do they have to be intelligent, or do zombies qualify? AI or player-controlled? You're really not helping us narrow down a genre here.