Good PC Rally Simulator? (not RBR)

Does anyone know if there are any good Rally Simulator games around on the PC?

I tried Richard Burns Rally (RBR) and the RSRBR 2013 mods, but the games seriously crashes my computer. Blue screens and locks it up very badly with the speakers going beserk. After much troubleshooting I had to get rid of it before it damages my PC.

I want something that is on par or at least approaching the difficulty and simulation of RBR. I don't know if the Dirt series are too arcady or not.

Has anyone played the current Rally games out there, what are your thoughts? I'm looking for a rally only game, not one with rally bits included.

Thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    The current WRC games aren't spectacular, but they get the job done for a while (I heard the most recent one, which I haven't played, took a turn into Dirt's direction by adding not-really-rally stuff). Their main issue is that the stages are all kinda short, and not really very different from each other. They all have demos, I believe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Play Dirt 1, that has a pretty decent amount of Rally events if I recall.
    steam: sketch

Thanks for the suggestions.

Luckily I managed to get Richard Burns Rally working by forcing off Vsync. It was a mission because it keeps turning itself off but now I can finally play it. Yay!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dirt isn't bad - you can turn up the difficulty and setup a wheel and it's a respectable rally title IMO

You have to get into what it's offering tho - it's all about how fast you can do the stage, it's not a "long march" game requiring you to preserve the car or whatever.

It's MILES AND MILES BETTER than anything with 'WRC' on the box tho, they've always been horrible 'drives like it's riding on a ball' games and I cannot recommend avoiding them more than I just did.