Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looking for clip of Arnie popping grenades into straw buildings in Predator, failing.

look for commandos.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, no buildings in Predator, as far as I can recall.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, near the start, when they are raiding that camp? Like, the reason they are in the jungle in the first place. Maybe I am thinking of Commando...

I think you're right rizlar, I seem to remember the grenade lobbing too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thank you Skhalt!

So yeah, grenade launchers should work exactly like that in PS2.

I just realized that the man with the minigun definitely has a Saxton Hale look about him
    And that all TRs should have his handsome moustache, even the ladies.

"The man with the minigun"? That's Jesse Ventura! :P

Activated Node
    TTT TankGir: Giraffes get a bit more armoured

During tonight's outfit meeting the point of brand new ideas was brought up. i know this idea is most definatley not new but, as we can see, it hasn't really happend yet. i, personally would like to drive this idea and in the future making it a regular squad with regular leaders.
    My tactical idea for an armour squad is relitavley simple but hopefuly very effective. It revloves around a squad of 12 people with a structure of: 2 Ammo sundi's with basilisks (maybe walkers) and 2 skyguards (to get rid of the pesky air). these will act as the FOB (forward operating base) similar to one of the air squad only it will be mutch closer to the tanks as obviously they cant travel long distances very quickly.
    then there will be 4 Magriders with 4 gunners (if thats not possible then: 2 lightnings and 2 mags). Due to the current changes to resources, these mags objective isn't just the Platoon waypoint but also staying alive. The idea is to never be too agressive, even if you take 1-2 rockets, pull back and repair, it's worth it!
    Another way to stay alive longer, or atleast deal out more damage is to communicate with your gunners. This includes: Calling targets; when to get out and repair and when not to fire.
    Hopefully next tuesday i will have a mic (yay!) and will be able to lead the squad, i know qaz was also interested in this kind of squad, so hopefully if i'm absent or without a mic, the squad will still go forth.
    I'm Hoping this squad goes forth so that we can take advantage of our gracious Magrider and fullfil my lust for driving tanks!

Post any other ideas for this below.
    Last edited by JimmySteve123; 10-07-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Network Hub
    I'm up for joining in. Love driving tanks though going solo rarely makes any headway! but a good organised group could be fun.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexla View Post
    though going solo rarely makes any headway! but a good organised group could be fun.
    That's my main idea! As one, armour is, most of the time, useless. But as a group it is very strong, especially with the added support (FOB).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Whenever I'm on, i'm basically up for tank play, and i'll gladly participate in this. I can also lead the squad if you're not around.

Regarding the operational stuff:
    We should probably strife to be flexible with the loadouts and vehicles. Sometimes mags will be needed, and other times it's going to be harassers. The battlefield we're in basically determines most of this stuff. Also, i'd suggest to run this squad semi-independently from the main platoon, as they can easily kill the whole squad off by requesting tank support in a region that's too saturated with strikers. Basically, the last call about deployment strategies and targets should be within the tank squad so that we can manage our risk. Otherwise, we might end up out of resources too fast, seeing how mags are 450 per pull.

Anyway, looking foward to this.

Activated Node
    Yep, we really need to think carefully about resources. Obviously we can pull each other Mags (and i would suggest picking someone that you can alternate Mags/Harassers with) but resources will run dry very quickly if we aren't careful (especially continents where we don't own many tech plants). I think we should have a variation between ppa's and sarons with possibly more sarons as armour takes more hits than infantry and even one ppa is quite substantially effective.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    heresy! combining AI and AV is something i've always abhorred. if we need to provide ai support, we should probably all be in fury harassers or HE lightnings (or mags with he and the ppa, but they're worse), reason being that a mag with the PPA will die to any other armoured vehicle, including harassers. good gunners will get infantry kills with the halberd and saron too, even if they're not quite as swift.

p.s.: i definitely agree about the teaming up though.

Activated Node
    good point! Also, i imagine most people run HEAT for the main gun which is still very effective against infantry as it is to armour. Again if we're running along the main platoon, infantry will be mostly taken out by the friendly infantry. Ok, we'll go with that.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    "The man with the minigun"? That's Jesse Ventura! :P
    "Buddy buddy-buddy-buddy-buddy. I've seen some bad-ass bush before, man, but nothin' like this."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Excellent suggestion, JimmySteve123! Great to get some combined arms going in the outfit. I would definitely like to join TankGir!

If this is going to be a TTT this Tuesday, post in that thread and in the outfit calendar on http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/ for visibility.
    Last edited by LaKroy; 10-07-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Excellent suggestion, JimmySteve123!
    By the way, it's Vastrodos123. i should probably put it as my signature for reference sake.

Network Hub
    pfft! Go AP or go home :P sod the HEAT its all about getting the armour kills though some times if your lucky, can turn infantry to mulch with a well placed AP round!