Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evochio View Post
    I just find it unreliable for AI, you might get one hit and kill now and then with it but you'll rarely get a streak if the tank and/or infantry are acctually moving about. But that might just be me sucking at it.
    As for being gimp against other tanks without it, its just not true if we're talking about making a tank squad. We'll have the numbers to easilly blast away opposition. You just dont see the larger tank engagements where it would shine anymore until SOE fixes things.

I wish you could have Furys on tanks.
    Furys on tanks would be great. I love Furys. But I think that they are going to fix the PPA at some point, so I think that would be the optimal AI Magrider setup: HEAT or even AP primary and PPA secondary.

As for the Saron, you just have to stick to it. It is hard, because you have to lead them, taking into account their movement, the projectile velocity and the initial delay between clicking and the actual shot being fired. But when you pull it off, it is very satisfying. Especially against heavies and engineers. The moment they pop up to fire their rocket at you, bam, and that's all she wrote.

ATM a Magrider without a Saron or a Halberd is a waste of resources IMHO. It is the secondary that makes the kills most of the time. It can rotate faster than the primary, which is fixed. You have to rotate the whole tank in order to deal with threats on your sides. Too much time. You need that AV secondary to quickly rotate and shoot, as you swing around the primary. Also, a popular tactic is to engage from the front, both with the primary and the secondary, and then, as they reload, magburn to the side or rear of the enemy armour. Due to the different reload speeds, the secondary may have a shot ready during that maneuver, and when they get to position, another one to finish off the target.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Not sure about you, but i have pretty severe issues with landing hits on targets that are 300m+ away with the HEAT. At least landing them without too many shots trying to zero in, that is. the saron is a lot more reliable for these types of fights. It also oneshots AV mana turret users at any range reliably, which is pretty huge.
    Also this. And most of the time, because of the fixed gun and its position, most swagriders have IR/NV or Thermal scopes on their primary, to improve their situational awareness and notice Heavies trying to ambush the Magrider. Past a certain range, that means that it is very difficult to land shots accurately.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 29-04-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Armoured Giraffe Op Tuesday night -- Start around 9 p.m. or whenever I get on. Let's try the format that's been previously discussed here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Noooo! I'll miss this. Sad giraffe. Make sure to do a proper debriefing and document whatever conclusions you reach, will you?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Noooo! I'll miss this. Sad giraffe. Make sure to do a proper debriefing and document whatever conclusions you reach, will you?
    damnit. what's it with all the bureaucracy!

this is going to be a testrun tomorrow. we can possibly do a repeat on either wed or fri.

i think he just wants to hear whats best, mqx. just make some spreadsheets, its perpetuum all over again.

also, what about the buggy, what kind of guns can one fit on there?
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

damnit. what's it with all the bureaucracy!

this is going to be a testrun tomorrow. we can possibly do a repeat on either wed or fri.
    No need to take it all that seriuously.
    Bt, two things:
    1) we learn better and build a group awareness of tactics and other gameplay issues when we do debriefings
    2) I wanna know how it went, dammit!

Anyway, best of luck!

You have to understand, mqx is playing PS2 to get away from bureaucracy. its what made perpetuum online quite dull.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The tank push we did last night on Esamir was pretty well done. We made a decisive push on Northpoint Station and killed the TR armor present. Which is about as much as can be hoped for with a push like this. Then we slowly got killed one by one when they brought out the AV-Mana turrets. After my tank died I jumped in a random guys tank and got myself 6 Extreme Threat kills on engineers in their mana turrets. The Saron really is something to be treasured when we face Mana turrets.

Quanta: Afaik the buggy can fit any weapon a MBT can, so Saron or PPA? Sure, I also think it can fit the Fury/Bulldog but not 100% sure. So you can make it a tank support vehicle with a Saron, or you can try to make it a AI platform. But it does require 2 people to use effectively where the driver cannot do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    The tank push we did last night on Esamir was pretty well done. We made a decisive push on Northpoint Station and killed the TR armor present. Which is about as much as can be hoped for with a push like this. Then we slowly got killed one by one when they brought out the AV-Mana turrets. After my tank died I jumped in a random guys tank and got myself 6 Extreme Threat kills on engineers in their mana turrets. The Saron really is something to be treasured when we face Mana turrets.

Quanta: Afaik the buggy can fit any weapon a MBT can, so Saron or PPA? Sure, I also think it can fit the Fury/Bulldog but not 100% sure. So you can make it a tank support vehicle with a Saron, or you can try to make it a AI platform. But it does require 2 people to use effectively where the driver cannot do anything.
    I wish they would implement an artillery vehicle, that has to get in position, set up, then bombard an area, not for mass damage but for denial of entry.

also why are you typing when you should be playing? I was just on and there is noone else on. very boring.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I am "working"

But yes, basically a bulldog but aimed upwards so you can keep looking at the target area and lob shots. Something to keep infantry of a hilltop.

I'd like an artillery weapon that would require spotters. Have a dude on another hilltop, painting the target with a laser pointer of some kind, and have a reticle show up on the HUD of squadded artillery gunners with the spotters name by it. Aim for that and you should hit near the painted target.

Well, perhaps as a shock squad: a squad rides into an enemy base on buggies with furies, racer chassis and turbo. The enemy has little time to use AV weapons against the buggies, gunners suppress with the furies, drivers and passengers may disembark, and the rest of the platoon follows up with Sunderers and a regular infantry push.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Tank changes are on test!! Rear armour got a major buff (3 + .x dumbfires; 100% hits from pods required for kill), and front/side got a minor buff. This is good.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Well, perhaps as a shock squad: a squad rides into an enemy base on buggies with furies, racer chassis and turbo. The enemy has little time to use AV weapons against the buggies, gunners suppress with the furies, drivers and passengers may disembark, and the rest of the platoon follows up with Sunderers and a regular infantry push.
    Hopefully buggies gets to keep their shieldbreaker certs, that would make them even more fun as shock squads. Smash into a Techplant and kill a base sundie, or through the shields of a amp station to cover the assault on the shield generators.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hopefully buggies gets to keep their shieldbreaker certs, that would make them even more fun as shock squads. Smash into a Techplant and kill a base sundie, or through the shields of a amp station to cover the assault on the shield generators.
    Cry havoc and let loose the buggies of war!

After seeing that video of someone nos-boosting over a building in one as well they are sounding more and more mental.

By the way, perhaps we could try laying heavy smoke on enemy AV positions? Not to hide our position, but to blind theirs. AV weapons, MAXes and snipers do not have NV scope.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 30-04-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oooh that would be something, proper smoke launchers for tanks.... that is actually a really good idea to help them combat masses of HA on a hill top. Bombard the hill with smoke and then get close.

The flying buggies are fixed i think Rizlar

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Problem with smoke is that it also obscures the view for most of our tanks. Some may run with IRNV, but we're mostly too far our for targets to show.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Problem with smoke is that it also obscures the view for most of our tanks. Some may run with IRNV, but we're mostly too far our for targets to show.
    Posted the idea on reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...mall_fix_that/

Qaz that is a non problem really because if the enemy infantry is on a hilltop they will often be outside render range, or if you somehow got close enough you will not be able to hit them. The problem with tanks right now is that they have nowhere to go if this happens. With smoke shells you could pelt the hill with smoke to either let us escape or move to a more favorable position... and hell we have splash damage if they stay in the smoke we can bombard the shit out of them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ah, that would be an interesting addition indeed! Upvoted.