Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Alert on esa + tr trying to steal the amerish lock came in way. rescheduled to tomorrow.

gambatte, mqxkun!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    gambatte, mqxkun!
    So much for that, lol. First armoured giraffes were an unequivocal failure due to a lack of both targets and willing participants. There was an alert on amerish that occupied most people, god knows why it was triggered right in the middle of prime time.

Thanks, lakroy, mreclectic and izalithe for still trying. it's only going to improve!

Obscure Node
    Yeah I'm up for another go at some point, I've just got to learn that I can't quite rush over the same terrain as the turbo boosted magriders! Armour columns are hopefully going to be stronger and more appealing come the next update, so it would be nice to hit the ground running and get a few more folks involved.

I have to admit, I dont have much for my mag aside from the guns, weak mineguard and extra visual armour plating.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd recommend auto-repair for mags, even just at level one it is dreamy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    I'd recommend auto-repair for mags, even just at level one it is dreamy.
    is that in the utility slot or what?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Defense slot. I find it complements the peek-a-boo tactics that mags use really well, hardly ever need to get out to repair.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm thinking about replacing my maxed mineguard with something else, as i haven't been blown up by them in ages. It only takes me and the other engineer ~10 seconds to repair from almost dead to full though, so i'd probably go with either stealth or front armour

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Auto repair might actually be interesting, though I'd probably rather go for stealth, really. I do use my smoke rather liberally whenever I pull my MAGRIDER (see the off-topic thread!) out of the drive, but I can't help but think that magburner would often be more effective at achieving the same thing (breaking locks and/or LOS) against both lock-ons and a lot of other things too. Is Magburner our faction-specific upgrade btw? Like the NC shield and the TR anchoring?

Radar is mutex with magburner, isn't it? Otherwise that might be a good idea. Really should get the magburner, for the emergency boost you get from it.

Is there any form of general agreement on what is the best performance upgrade for the MAGRIDER?

So armour squad for TACGIR tonight? We could try out the new harasser.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I'm thinking about replacing my maxed mineguard with something else, as i haven't been blown up by them in ages. It only takes me and the other engineer ~10 seconds to repair from almost dead to full though, so i'd probably go with either stealth or front armour
    Same here. Probably stealth, as the front armour buff is not that great. I already have the first rank, but I'm considering maxing it out. Not appearing on the mini map is actually a great tactical advantage, since the Magrider is almost silent, and the increased lock on time will come into play as we will be trying to snipe Heavies with the AP gun.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 02-05-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Auto repair might actually be interesting, though I'd probably rather go for stealth, really. I do use my smoke rather liberally whenever I pull my MAGRIDER (see the off-topic thread!) out of the drive, but I can't help but think that magburner would often be more effective at achieving the same thing (breaking locks and/or LOS) against both lock-ons and a lot of other things too. Is Magburner our faction-specific upgrade btw? Like the NC shield and the TR anchoring?
    Yes, it is our faction-specific MBT utility. And although I used to run smoke, after gunning a lot for Cortosis and Mindburst I converted to Magburner. Try to max it out ASAP. Being able to Magburn every 10 secs is a game-changer (last rank fully recharges the Magburner in 20 secs, but you can use it as soon as it charges past the half). I find that I survive lock-ons a lot more. You just have to have an escape plan. Plus, lock-on numbers have been effectively reduced by half. Almost noone uses the Annihilator anymore, and only the TR have the Striker. Magburner is a great way to go out of line of sight from those Phoenixes and Mana AV Turrets, and also run away and break lock. Plus it is cool!

Radar is mutex with magburner, isn't it? Otherwise that might be a good idea. Really should get the magburner, for the emergency boost you get from it.
    Does the Magrider have access to a radar? I hadn't even noticed that.

Is there any form of general agreement on what is the best performance upgrade for the MAGRIDER?
    Rival used to be the consensus, but qaz is making a great case for Racer. Since they both offer the same hover nowadays, it is a choice between greater strafing speed and greater forward speed. Racer synergises much better with the Magburner, but strafe has been buffed last hotfix. Still, since the Magrider effectively only moves forward, where its primary is aiming, perhaps Racer is the better choice. Strafing is nowhere near as fast as to dodge well timed and aimed shots, as the official forum whiners say.

qaz, I think this is your cue.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 02-05-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: See quanta's and Esoteric's posts!

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    qaz, I think this is your queue.
    actually its his cue.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Get in line, Qaz!

Actually, actually, it's his cue.

Get in line, Qaz!

actually, if youd been paying attention, then youd know I usually dont bother with '.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    actually its his cue.
    Get in line, Qaz!

Good point. Actually, since I've started playing with you and the rest of the fine folk here, I've found that I do a lot more typing and spelling errors. English was mainly a written language to me, but nowadays I seem to do a lot of errors based on homophones and pronunciation.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I second auto-repair, I use that on pretty much all my vehicles nowadays. Scythe, Liberator, Lightning, Magrider... loving it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My cue? what. I'm CONFUSED. Help.

Also, dont upgrade stealth. the lock-on increase is reportedly bugged. As for chassis ... i dont know anymore, damnit. Reverse speed is the biggest benefit for rival, acceleration for racer. will continue testing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus