Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I don't have anything useful to contribute but here is a picture of a giraffe tank

Giraffe-Tank.jpg

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    I thought coffeetable said he was using Racer? Did i imagine that?
    I used Rival 3 for a long time, but yeah nowadays I use Racer 3. The top speed increase doesn't matter, but the boost to forward acceleration is incredible. Really allows you to make the most of Magburner.

Then again, I use my Mag as a ganker, so if you prefer to hang back and take potshots from behind cover, stick with Rival.

Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    I used Rival 3 for a long time, but yeah nowadays I use Racer 3. The top speed increase doesn't matter, but the boost to forward acceleration is incredible. Really allows you to make the most of Magburner.

Then again, I use my Mag as a ganker, so if you prefer to hang back and take potshots from behind cover, stick with Rival.
    Taking potshots is boring. Sometimes useful, but always boring.

I prefer destroying hidden sundys, duelling with enemy tanks, etc.

Magrider' greatest strength is their agility, i feel it's wasting potential to just strafe and hide behind walls while taking potshots.

I'm trying to learn to get behind enemy tanks/use them a bit like an Harasser. Hence why I'm asking about Racer
    Last edited by Ksempac; 27-07-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Racer's biggest advantage is the acceleration + top speed. You can use it to be more agile and get closer to targets quickly. Rival is good too, as it allows you to reverse and turn quite a bit faster in addition to the strafe speed increase. I'd say that using either requires a different style of play. You can be aggressive with rival, but the tactic there would be to get close and then reverse strafe to the side or rear armour, or something. When fighting infantry, or in long range combat, rival is also better.

Personally, i prefer racer because it gives me the chance to sneak up on targets quickly (and get to their rear armour), often resulting in a quick death for whoever gets surprised. Also, racer + magburner can be pretty deadly, as cfftble says.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, in my experience, even with a couple of ranks in rival, reversing away from danger will often just get you killed. If I need to get out of somewhere fast I tend to turn to the side and magburn away anyhow. Might have to invest in some racer ranks (rival ranks were left over from pre-hover height change).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    there never was a hover height change! lol

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, rival used to give extra hover height, right? Racer etc did not. Aaaaaages ago.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    nope, both always gave the same hover height, which was supposed to be reduced back in january but actually wasn't because people freaked out about it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah, I should probably read patch notes before buying chassis upgrades in the future. >.<