Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Still can't fully understand how it was possible. It was pretty hilarious.
    Yep. I was amused by it for a loooong time. :P

A purple pixel giraffe to the entire platoon who were on tonight. I've not had the best couple of weeks, and you guys really helped cheer me up. Thanks all!
    Purple_Giraffe__by_mini_meows.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    A technical giraffe for all the kind folks who helped with my technical queries:

My bank account doesn't thank you but before long I may be playing PS2 and Arma on a fast machine.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Purple Giraffe to FrozenRain for his fearless leadership of Snake Ravine (from under a TR sundy)
    285-purple-smiling-giraffe-wall-decals-weedecor.jpg

There were a few times it looked like all was lost, but somehow we kept them out!
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post
    Purple Giraffe to FrozenRain for his fearless leadership of Snake Ravine (from under a TR sundy)
    Wow, that's seriously badass! :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Frozenrain also did a really good job of coping with me and Cooper showing up, sticking our noses int eh map a lot and feeding him strategic goals, which he then led the squadloon pretty damn well in achieving (or bailing from).

On that subject:

Giraffes of many colours (including purple) for Nick, Cooper, Avaa and AssistMaster (along with anyone else I've sadly forgotten) for their efforts as TVA liasons.

(As an aside, google image search for purple giraffe now has lots of hits for this thread...)

285-purple-smiling-giraffe-wall-decals-weedecor.jpg

There were a few times it looked like all was lost, but somehow we kept them out!
    +1 was a seriously fun fight and frozen rain did a great job of marshalling the counter pushes to deny INI and BRTD the capture for a prolonged period..

Smile

Nursery rhymes are misleading, the wheels on the bus go kaboom. Especially when the platoon backs me up with explosives Couldn't have done it without my fellow giraffes, so they take credit too! They must've gone mad hearing "I'm under another sunderer..." so many times. It started to feel like a running joke. Even I had trouble believing it...

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenRain View Post
    Nursery rhymes are misleading, the wheels on the bus go kaboom. Especially when the platoon backs me up with explosives Couldn't have done it without my fellow giraffes, so they take credit too! They must've gone mad hearing "I'm under another sunderer..." so many times. It started to feel like a running joke. Even I had trouble believing it...
    We were on a Sundie killing spree, seriously.

Network Hub

Purple giraffe to Nick and Esoteric and anybody else who was involved with TacGir, the communications with TVA and the astounding effort and teamwork by everybody that lead to a won alert and a nice experience all around. \o/

Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    Purple giraffe to Nick and Esoteric and anybody else who was involved with TacGir, the communications with TVA and the astounding effort and teamwork by everybody that lead to a won alert and a nice experience all around. \o/
    This! We completely locked out the TR from that alert and won it quite comfortably; great communication and organisation all around!
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    This! We completely locked out the TR from that alert and won it quite comfortably; great communication and organisation all around!

W00t! Go, Giraffes! I'm glad to have been part of it, possibly getting the ball rolling. Sad to have had to bail before the end, but that's life. A morale boost, either way.

I must agree that I saw really good teamwork and some nice, tight play all around. Good job everyone and thanks especially to Nick for TVA liaison and taking over PL, and to Dewi for taking Alpha squad for me.

G'night guys! Love you!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Purple Giraffe or Awesomeness to Cooper, EuroBob, and the rest of last night's mixed platoon (one RPS squad, one mostly [VC], [UBAD], [DIG/T] and [IVRI], IIRC), during the late night biolab alert.

Quick reaction and redeploys all over Amerish, we kept Onatha safe while managing to sneak ourselves to Ikanam, and then redeploying between the two to keep them under VS control.

On a tangent, I feel that we should have more of these mixed platoons. I think playing with more tactically minded players and outfits is a good learning experience.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 20-10-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Network Hub
    ^ Seconded, fast reaction fighting like that makes alerts (even Biolab ones) quite a bit more enjoyable.

The couple of mixed platoons I've been part of recently have seemed to work well, and to have made us tighten our play whilst they were up. I suspect a degree of instinctive desire to show ourselves at our best when under that spotlight is just as powerful an element as the learning one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    I've been saying this for a while now, so thank goodness people have seen the potential. Last night was fucking awesome. I'm going to push for this to happen more by suggesting it to the Accord whenever i see numbers on the TS. Also, Cooper! It was great to have you back, you were like a duck to water leading that. Considering how much you've played the game in recent weeks.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yup, mixed platoons seem to be working. Gotta say though, it's been a while since i fought on amerish, and i think last night showed a glimpse of strategies of old. in other words, i miss non-lattice esamir and indar.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Purple giraffe goes to charlie galaxy pilot at the time, which I believe was Avaa.

All occupants crashed into the side of the crown gravity lifts, and were thrust miles into the sky until the entire continent of indar was visible to us below, and far after when it all blurred into one big purple haze.

Thanks for letting me take this trip into space, or as kindred put it, letting us get high.
    qoA3u.jpg

I dont have a screenshot, and my video file didnt work properly, so if anybody had a screenshot, please do post it.

Special mention to everybody who was part of the alert, and those who took part in the esamir warpgate firework bonanza.

2013-10-23_00002.jpg
    Spaceeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Wasn't there for long, but listening into the oiled warmachine that the TVA was this evening was impressive.

So, yeah purple giraffe to them !
    purple_giraffe_by_simonedeer-d55h6he.jpg
    Last edited by Avaa; 23-10-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Animated weird purpgir for Ksempac and Grible for making yesterday very enjoyable.
    purpgir.jpg
    edit: Well it doesnt animate, but its hungry
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    prplgir.JPG

PGOA awarded to MrEclectic for his particular contribution during this evenings session. It was great to see someone actually putting into practice some of the things that have been discussed over the last few days. He really stepped up when it came to team focus, tactics and motivation.

There was a really concise effort from all members both prior to, and during the Tech Plant alert tonight. We can be proud that we took in our stride the best that the NC and TR could simultaneously throw at us. Great victory, Vanu smiles upon you!

TVA commanders send you their gratitude, as do i.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 26-10-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick