Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I already gave my terminator giraffe to moxxi, wigglybottom and the ns2 crew for being awesome.

- Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Network Hub
    Ninja Giraffe for the guys who saved Bulwark at the end of the alert on Esamir last night, they got on the point when the NC cap was at 0.00 till complete! Then held it till the alert ended!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    A purple giraffe of awesomeness for Wardancer because that shot was awesome, and also he was doing a really good job of leading and making fun times for all (not sure who was officially PL, coffeetable was also doing a grand job and I think PL changed over a few times as we went TacGir or not).

Network Hub
    Giraffe for JG for leading us to victory through last nights Amerish alert and putting up with the jokes!

giraffe.jpg

And another for JG for leading us (to victory) through another alert yesterday on Esamir last night.

Fat giraffe to MintyBadger and Parmenion going out of their way to keep me stuffed with medical...things. And also to Jakkar and JGMan for keeping me stuffed with leadership...things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Giraffe-on-a-bus to CoffeeTable for pulling that shieldbreaker sunderer that got us Mao last night.

If I wasn't at work, I'd shop it purple.

Network Hub
    Another purple giraffe (why are there so many purple giraffe images on the internet?!?) to CMaster for the Call to Arms video.

omg-its-a-purple-giraffe.jpg
    Last edited by Yargh; 09-05-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post

Giraffe-on-a-bus to CoffeeTable for pulling that shieldbreaker sunderer that got us Mao last night.

If I wasn't at work, I'd shop it purple.
    Why, that looks like an Edinburgh Giraffe!
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

'Glasgowicus Giraffeous'
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Purple Giraffe for Sinomatic for being so amazingly cheery after greeting over a hundred people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Purple Giraffe for Sinomatic for being so amazingly cheery after greeting over a hundred people.
    Thius. Emphatically: this! So happy you stepped up to do this. I'd also like to extend the same to the crew who helped Sinomatic over there. Cheers!

Network Hub

Herd of giraffes for the whole outfit for the Call to Arms!

yeah, likewise for sinomatic, she managed to stay cheery even though we were just messing about after she got in.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Yeah I give Sinomatic a Purple Giraffe of Awesomeness too, she really put a big effort into getting people slotted into the game and the outfit!

giraffe balloon.jpg
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam

Obscure Node
    I believe that yesterdays defense of ARC Bioengineering was one of the best experiences that i've had in Planetside until now.
    I therefore would like to award a Purple Giraffe of Awesomeness not only to everyone from RPS, but also all other Vanu that helped the defense of our last territory on Indar against both the TR and NC.

A small consolation everyone who kept throwing himself in our defenses, everyone that left Indar as soon as the alert started and everyone who remembered that you are supposed to fight more than one faction-this couldn't have happened without you. You get a Red-Blue Okapi of being somewhat formidable.

Original images from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Charles D P Miller

Terrible mspaint giraffe award of awesome to:MrEclectic for leading me on a guided tour of some horribly complicated tech bio lab thing and telling me how to be useful when taking bases, to whit: you don't need to shoot the generators to destroy them. Good to know!

And by extension, that award should also really go to all of the RPS crew, for being a stand-out bunch of dudes who are ever-helpful and friendly and also awesomely tactically competent. It's been great fighting alongside you and I look forward to continuing to do so!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Purple Giraffes of Awesome to McKnight for the excellent leadership and to the rest of last night's graveyard shift for the brilliant performance, during what evolved into a defense against another late night attempt by the TR and the NC to break the lock. A succession of quick redeploys made sure we secured and kept Scarred Mesa, in the meantime though finding time to go and start the cap of regions such as Helios Solar.

In this picture: Late night Giraffe Squad on patrol duty on Indar. Notice the Combat Medic in the middle standing on overwatch to the Heavy Assault on the left, and the Infiltrator on the right scouting the field.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 16-05-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Purple giraffe cake to Cooper for his excellent Handling of the TVA open platoon during the alert on Amerish, managing to wrestle with the in-game voice comm's to help provide direction to the zerg.
    purple giraffe cake.jpg

Obscure Node
    Hey guys, I'll stick this post in here as I don't really have anything to add to the current TACGIR discussion in the other threads other than I love it

Anyway first things first, wooo giraffes and the awesome PL's and SL's I've had the pleasure of running with. Couldn't imagine playing the game without you's.

I have always been in most games one of those silent no-mic/slow-typist players but playing with you guys has made me finally get off my arse and fix my mic (I think, hopefully get online to test it later). Unfortunately due to where I usually have my rig set up I still won't be able to be vocal of players, even whispering during the bloody nightly soap operas is considered a hanging offence in this house.

As someone with no interest in k/d and who loves playing support in a tight squad, the tac/strat you guys organize is the best part of this game for me so please keep it up. I realise being Tactical PL or SL must be kind of a thankless job where your more likely to be noticed for what some people might consider "wrong" (like holding strategic points) rather than getting it "right" (like farming the zerg).

So once again thank you to all the tac/strat guys and everyone who has the balls to take up the PL/SL roles. You guys make the game what it is and know that this unpronounceable named soldier (God I wish I picked a different name) is always happy to follow your orders.

And as I have zero skill with photoshop here's a ascii giraffe shamelessly stolen from the internet and painted purple instead

_,,^
    "-%\
    ~ %\
    ~ |%_`,~
    /| ||
    / | | \

Edit: Grr formating seem to have balls-ed up my ascii giraffe, time for Plan B.

Giraffe

that'll have to do
    Last edited by MadraGorm; 24-05-2013 at 04:18 PM.