Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by archagon View Post
    achoo5000, Fleuri, SSSZmeY — you guys mind if I start my games with you on US1?
    ok with me

Activated Node
    Just a short update on the server issue: eventually, all servers are to be combined into one server (UK1). Current hope is that UK1 will be back on Friday, but they ran into some problems with the server machine.

Activated Node
    The US1 server is acting strange, new turn notifications don't show up, the game allows me to commit my turns again (but thankfully the new commit is rejected by the server), when I watch someone else's game, the green player's nick is replaced with mine and my level is three levels lower than on UK1. Is someone else having similar problems?

EDIT: Apparently I can watch someone else's Co-op games too... I don't know whether this is a feature or a bug.
    Last edited by Fleuri; 08-05-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Addition.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Thanks Kron-OS.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    For those yet to challenge me, I prefer to wait until the UK1 server is sorted out.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    For those yet to challenge me, I prefer to wait until the UK1 server is sorted out.
    Same here.

Network Hub
    Me three..
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Yeah I'm gonna wait to challenge or play too

Quote Originally Posted by Kron-OS View Post
    Just a short update on the server issue: eventually, all servers are to be combined into one server (UK1). Current hope is that UK1 will be back on Friday, but they ran into some problems with the server machine.
    It's a shame. Oh well, at least I'll go down in style, currently being #1 on soon-to-be-extinct us1 server It seems quite impossible to get into #1 position on uk1, unless you cheat and don't finish the games you are losing. Well, let's hope the long awaited 2-week timeout feature will put an end to this problem.

I have yet to issue any challenges due to server invisibility problems.

Activated Node
    Fleuri has defeated Ankon in game 16701 with the score of 60.
    Last edited by Fleuri; 09-05-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    It's a shame. Oh well, at least I'll go down in style, currently being #1 on soon-to-be-extinct us1 server It seems quite impossible to get into #1 position on uk1, unless you cheat and don't finish the games you are losing. Well, let's hope the long awaited 2-week timeout feature will put an end to this problem.

I have yet to issue any challenges due to server invisibility problems.

What is the 2 week timeout period about, is it just for games where you have comitted turns? Because I still find the most annoying thing in FS to be the people who go to your profile and challenge you repeatedly (apart from this league ofc) while your matchmaking setting is off. I had 10 games against 1 guy once in the space of a few days none of which I'd committed turns for and none of which I had any intention in playing because of how he did them. Hopefully they wont count against me.

Activated Node
    Supposedly games without commits from both sides are disregarded and deleted after 2 weeks. Only the games in which both sides have committed are judged in favour of the player that made the last move in case the opponent refuses to commit theirs.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by bonuswavepilot View Post
    @Zlabi, @BigBobr99 - Would you guys prefer to play on US1, or wait until UK1 is back on its feet? (Assuming that US1 doesn't just immediately go down for just as long next.)
    I prefer UK1, but I would be fine with US1 too.

Activated Node
    For those that started games on US1: http://forums.mode7games.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6828

In short: Once the servers have been consolidated, only UK1 games will be preserved. But there will be (at least for some time) the possibility to manually connect to the old servers to finish games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron-OS View Post
    For those that started games on US1: http://forums.mode7games.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6828

In short: Once the servers have been consolidated, only UK1 games will be preserved. But there will be (at least for some time) the possibility to manually connect to the old servers to finish games.
    I'll definetely wait with issuing my challenges till the server thing is back to normal. Don't want to start any games on us1 and lose them afterwards or manually connect to anything.

Network Hub
    UK1 is going down for a few days.
    We can use US1, but if it is going to be merged back into UK1, we might lose those games if they are part-way through.

Paul at Mode7 has offered to help us sort it out, so I'm going to email him and ask him how we can sort it out.

OR, we just wait a few days
    Find me on Steam

Activated Node
    Fleuri has defeated SSSZmeY in game 16700 with the score of 50!

A very good game. I was on the edge of my seat all the way through.

I'm going to wait until UK1 is sorted out. Carry on using whichever server you want for the time being. I'm extending the closing date for this season to Sunday 26 May - although if anyone really needs to finish up earlier let your opponents know. Otherwise: no rush.

@rodeoclown - let us know what Paul has to say. I'd guess they'll leave the old servers running while there are active games and you'll just have to access them through the Advanced button on the login screen.

Network Hub
    @Col - I've CC'ed you in at the rockpapersynapse gmail account.

Paul did say that we should probably hold off starting new games until Saturday just to make sure they get the kinks out. I'm getting clarification if that's just on UK1 once it comes back up, or if it goes for US1 as well.

I'm happy for the extension, except I'll need my games done before then as I fly over to the US for work on the 25th.
    (I'll be back early June, so definitely sign me up for season 21)
    Find me on Steam

Yeah, sorry - just checked my email and saw your messages. Let me know if he gets back to you.

(And Season 21 won't be until July as I'm off to darkest Naaarfolk in June.)

edit: I thought the rest of you folks would like to know: Paul from Mode 7 said in his email (and I'm sure he won't mind me repeating this): "the RPS league is one of the coolest things happening with the game right now". We've been given the nod by the Mode 7 guys before but it's still nice to hear them say it, and it's all down to the excellent little community we've built up over the last couple of years. So give yourselves a round of applause.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 09-05-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: a sad indictment of the state of FS? or are we just *that* awesome? YOU DECIDE!