Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    bonuswavepilot has defeated me with a score of -50.

Good game!

edit - 50 points, you're correct!
    Last edited by Fumarole; 16-05-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

@Fumarole - good game! I had some good luck in the early game there I think, if your MG had moved just a bit differently I'd have had a much harder time of it. (Also, I think it was only 50 points wasn't it?)

bonuswavepilot has challenged Zlabi in game 699010
    bonuswavepilot has challenged BigBobr99 in game 669017

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonuswavepilot View Post
    @Fumarole - good game! I had some good luck in the early game there I think, if your MG had moved just a bit differently I'd have had a much harder time of it.
    I raged heavily in turn two when my gunner ran in apparent fear of yours just to be shot point blank in the back of the head.

Le sigh.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Obscure Node
    MechaGK has challenged Self in 699075 (I made a mistake, so this game has a turn limit of 5. Just say if I should redo it, Self)
    MechaGK has challenged JusticeLIVE in 699085

Am I the only one with like 2\3 of my matches wiped out from my game history? I have no games from year 2013 there now which makes me kinds sad. Some good games there. Also the wins against doesn't show up when you load a match, and the notification of a new turn available is screwed.

Still have to challenge Cimethink, Maetco, Satek sorry for the delay, will do tomorrow, most likely.

Did I just see 86 people online at uk1? Cool.
    Last edited by BigBobr99; 16-05-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Yeah, there still seem to be some issues with the database. Hopefully there's no actual data been lost and they'll iron out the bugs.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

I'm unable to submit my final turn against Dathknight - it's unresponsive for a long time, and then times out and signs me out. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ankon View Post
    (...)

By the way, we have nearly hit 700.000 games on Uk1, I bet with the Ipad launch it will be surpassed soon...next goal, a million matches!
    I for once will toss them another purchase the instant they hit Android without any hesitation.
    FS certainly is kind of one of the games that made me. If i was asked for my favorite games that are not just flavor of the month for me i would answer in that order: Eve Online, ToriBash, Frozen Synapse and SMITE and maybe Tribes: Ascend (because it is kinda awesome, but i have not played it anywhere as much).
    Afterall, i only joined RPS forums because of this very league. And today, more than one year later, no day passes without me checking the sociabilly subforum, reading up on the mainsite and having taken part in several subcommunities actively.

I guess what i want to say, kinda out of nowhere, i am really happy to have found you people here and great thanks to Col and Wombat for running this and all the players. If any of you ever comes to Hamburg, Germany, please drop me a pm so we can have a beer. Or rather biscuits and tea.
    Speaking of which, i am pretty sure i remember Col promised me biscuits on my very first post on RPS.
    /random emotional post
    :P

edit:
    Ha! found it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Welcome! Pull up a chair, make yourself at home. Someone will be round with tea and biscuits momentarily.
    Can be found here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ll=1#post89776
    Last edited by DeVadder; 16-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    Avid player of SMITE.
    Check the thread if you look for someone to play with.
    And in case you do not yet play but want to give it a shot (beeing free and all that) i would be gracious if you would consider my referal link.

Obscure Node
    archagon has challenged achoo5000 in 699553.
    archagon has challenged Fleuri in 699558.
    archagon has challenged SSSZmeY in 699563.

archagon, I'll try to commit my turn tomorrow. I'm tired now and generally dislike starting positions. It seems that my SG and MG are in big danger without equivalent risks for you. However I want to look at it with a clear mind prior to considering the positions imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    Speaking of which, i am pretty sure i remember Col promised me biscuits on my very first post on RPS.
    Oops, I knew there was something I was supposed to do...

Obscure Node
    archagon has defeated Fleuri in 699558 with a score of 40.

@DeVadder - here, here! The dickhead ratio of these forums is amazingly low. Even when the competition is fierce you see nothing but good humour. 'Tis a privilege to game with the likes of you folks.

Well shucks, guys. If we're doing the old heart-on-the-sleeve bit I should probably own up to the main reason I keep coming back to the forums here is for this tourney. It's a privilege to be able to keep this thing going.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 17-05-2013 at 01:23 AM. Reason: not the "only" reason - there's the bargains thread and some other stuff too

Just noticed another peculiarity on the new server - it's showing gotem as "here" when I load the game even when he's not. If I try to chat or go back to the main menu and back into the game it'll sometimes update his status after the chat fails or I reload the game.

The other alternatives are that either gotem is stalking me or has just spent 13 hours staring at the one game ... I'm not sure which option scares me worse.

Network Hub
    He's going to have an incredible next turn
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryPhosphate View Post
    Just noticed another peculiarity on the new server - it's showing gotem as "here" when I load the game even when he's not. If I try to chat or go back to the main menu and back into the game it'll sometimes update his status after the chat fails or I reload the game.

The other alternatives are that either gotem is stalking me or has just spent 13 hours staring at the one game ... I'm not sure which option scares me worse.
    Noticed that too. It also shows that there is over 100 players online, but I counted the list and it was just over 50.

yep, i see everyone as 'here' when tehy are not.
    In every match I created people were 'here' inmediatly.
    The first time I said 'that was fast!'
    the rest I jsut asummed something was wrong

Activated Node
    Yeah, this status thing of the opponent is a known issue, they said they'll fix it soon. Speaking of fixes: new turns seem to be indicated correctly since a couple of hours.

Network Hub
    I think new games are showing the status correctly, existing games seem to not be.
    (Speaking of new games... anyone else in div 2 wanting to challenge me. I've beat SergBeaver, and lost to Col...)
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!