Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Welp, it looks like RPS has abandoned Neverwinter, then. Pity, really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Welp, it looks like RPS has abandoned Neverwinter, then. Pity, really.
    In fairness, past Level 40 the game goes to shit in a massive way, without a lot of fixes I think it's future is quite grim really.

Was fun upto that point but there's just WAY too many problems and the game turns into a massive, tiresome, unbalanced grind...

I did a stack of work recently on tradeskills, for example, and I've come to the conclusion that NW has the worst - the most comedically shit - tradeskill system in any game I've yet played - and given how shit WOW's crafting has always been, that's quite an achievement

Hey ho
    Last edited by trjp; 26-05-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    There's a giveaway for in-game stuff (not very interesting stuff but still) at Alienware Arena if anyone's interested : http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...-key-giveaway/
    I'm not one to stare into the mouths of gift-bearing horses but that's actually not worth registering with a website for - and I usually don't mind that

OK - novelty title is interesting perhaps but Alienware, the PC of the terminal "I know nowt about PCs" PC gamer? People would talk...

Oh and registration "requires a telephone number" - but don't worry, it's just for "important event related use" and not - I mean fucking WHAT!?

Here's the skinny, when you ask people to register for a website for marketting reasons you do not get

Date of Birth
    Telephone Number
    Address (unless there's a VERY good reason for it)

Because that's all Identify Fraud useful info and you know for a fact you're not competent to store it safely...
    Last edited by trjp; 26-05-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Obscure Node
    The RPS guild is not quite dead yet - had a lot of fun dungeon running with the guild last night. It's more just the early rush of people has thinned out. Would be good to get more guild officers in though so we can sort out invites etc.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Have sent a message to John W to see if I can get officer status - I'm on a fair bit and can look at dealing with the invite side of things.

Obscure Node
    Im hoping we can get some officers sorted and save this guild, Im available and try to be active.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Have sent a message to John W to see if I can get officer status - I'm on a fair bit and can look at dealing with the invite side of things.
    Also, pretty please make sketchseven (or someone else playing) a rank that can appoint new officers, so we can prevent this from happening again.

Obscure Node
    How are things going? I sort of feel like logging in and being social. Perhaps I shall make the attempt.

Obscure Node
    Hm, it seems this guild no longer exists at all -- at least when i search for it on dragon i get no replies.
    Last edited by jrodman; 31-05-2013 at 02:36 AM.

If you mean actually searching for it, guild and player search is pretty broken. Best way to get in is to post here (good job on that) and an officer will invite you, at least they will once we get this officer nonsense sorted out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It seems quite a few people have attempted to contact John and I'm guessing they all, as I did, got no reply whatsoever??

My suggestion would be to quit the existing RPS guild and make a new one - with a wider and more open officer structure and with players who actually PLAY. Anyone still playing in the RPS guild is probably good for the highest level and anyone who's over Level 15 and stays in the guild for a week should get invite capabilities too.

Call it the "The Gone-but-not-Forgotten Realms of RPS" perhaps - easy enough to cross-invite anyone and everyone as-and-when there's time to do that??

Also - I find that typing "/who realms" or "/who rps" gets better results that the broken finder service ever could - sort by guild for greater biscuitry...

Obscure Node
    Well that's tedious. I can now find RPS members, but I can't message them as I'm not level 15. I can invite them to a party but they must assume I'm a spammer.

Obscure Node
    Bit frustrating this, I'm on often and would like to be an officer to try and keep this guild going but seems we have been abandoned which is a real shame. I got an offer from another guild a day ago and turned it down because I hoped we would see a few more officers appearing, now wondering if I made a mistake

For those still playing Neverwinter (I will probably come back, but for the moment I'm out) I totally agree with the suggestion to just create your own guild. There's absolutely nothing stopping you! It could very easily become the official RPS guild by virtue of being there.

So yeah ... get the regular players to create their own guild, post in this thread/forum notifying people, and if the 'official' RPS guild withers and dies then so be it.

hey - can I get an invite to valentine@valentinet please?

Obscure Node
    Ok so I've decided that the next time I'm online and see 4 or 5 other guildies on I'm going to suggest we all group up and start our own new RPS guild - I am online most days so with a bit of luck it will happen soon. Once it happens I will post the info in here!

Activated Node
    Better post a new thread ("The Guild is dead, long live The Guild"?), so it doesnt drown in this one.

Also, if we want to be able to do guild-stuff we should probably think about bolstering the guild with levelheaded non-RPSers..

Quote Originally Posted by valuum View Post
    if we want to be able to do guild-stuff we should probably think about bolstering the guild with levelheaded non-RPSers..
    Eh not sure about that one; I'd wait and see how many regular players you get once the new Guild is up and running. It would seem there are quite a few people that are about who've been outside the old Guild for a while.

Yeah I second a new thread for the new Guild.

Wow. Spam bot ahoy.

Activated Node
    Speaking of spam, has anyone ever seen our dear member "Frijj@frijj007" not online, and/or not in the mad dragon lair? Like, 24/7?

Aside from our dear spammer, I have yet to see more than 2 other people online at once..