Activated Node

Battlefield 3 is FREE!

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/b...andard-edition

Battlefield 3 is free until the 3rd of June (And it's not like a free weekend, you get the whole game free)
    Last edited by SaucyPandy; 29-05-2014 at 12:06 PM.

sorry, weve already exhausted our time with BF3, it being free doesnt make that much of a difference :D
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    sorry, weve already exhausted our time with BF3, it being free doesnt make that much of a difference
    EDIT: Plants Vs Zombies is FREE http://www.ea.com/uk/news/plants-vs-...free-on-origin
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Activated Node
    sorry, weve already exhausted our time with BF3, it being free doesnt make that much of a difference
    Just for people that haven't got it!

I am one of the few persons (the only person?) who did not have it and I'm downloading it currently, so thank you for the information, Saucy
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I also do not own BF3 (you're not the only one Qw33r!) and will 'buy' it later today, assuming I can own it without having to download it onto my precious SSD space...
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

The SSD-stuff did work without a problem for me.
    I installed Origin on the HDD and it didn't even ask me where to put BF3, but it made an appropriate directory on there; I highly assume it will be installed there, too.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I also do not own BF3 (you're not the only one Qw33r!) and will 'buy' it later today, assuming I can own it without having to download it onto my precious SSD space...
    You can change where Origin puts stuff in the settings page*. Most of my games are on my HDD apart from Titanfall, which is currently wasting 50Gb of my SSD for no good reason apart from I REALLY don't want to have to download it all again...

EDIT *But you'll have to do this before you download.
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Quote Originally Posted by Guvornator View Post
    You can change where Origin puts stuff in the settings page*. Most of my games are on my HDD apart from Titanfall, which is currently wasting 50Gb of my SSD for no good reason apart from I REALLY don't want to have to download it all again...

there is a way to "move existing installs"
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Ok, I need to work out how to put games on my HDD. The ones that were there before I switched to the SSD are basically out of my reach at the moment. And thanks for the tips, I'll give it a go.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvornator View Post

actually, the Titanfall download is only around 12 GB, I think. The installer then unpacks all of the audio files onto your disk after download, resulting in the 50 GB footprint.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    actually, the Titanfall download is only around 12 GB, I think. The installer then unpacks all of the audio files onto your disk after download, resulting in the 50 GB footprint.
    ... wondering what the disk size of BF3 is after unpacking (20GB download) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Qw33r View Post
    ... wondering what the disk size of BF3 is after unpacking (20GB download) ...
    not much larger, Titanfall had a particularly ridiculous approach to dealing with audio that meant it was an obese install.
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Picked this up yesterday and completed the campaign just now - a good 5 hours of game there and surprisingly, quite fun even though I had no idea what was going on for around 80% of it.
    Hopefully going to try the multiplayer out over the weekend, anyone else playing who wants to squad up or something?

As an aside, why is it that military people in video games always have the name "Miller"? The tank commander guy is called Miller, the guy in Arma3 is called Miller, the PS2 server we all play on is named after some Miller guy in the lore - it's like the generic fallback name when they can't think of anything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    More than any other profession, millers are redundant. There's no art in grinding crops. Seeking purpose in life, the Millers turned to legitimised murder for good application of their pulverising skills. They're prevelant in all areas of military operations, it puts roofs over their head and low carb meals on their tables.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus