Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 376
  1. #301
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    First thing that came to mind when I heard my own voice:

    I just love the fact that you say "Command, heavy enemy armour". I'm not sure about Esoteric, but I just thought "we're brining two platoons of armour. I'm sure it will work out"

  2. #302
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Boris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I just love the fact that you say "Command, heavy enemy armour". I'm not sure about Esoteric, but I just thought "we're brining two platoons of armour. I'm sure it will work out"
    To be fair, they had like 10 prowlers there, so I meant "we'll be slightly delayed". They got a few of us. Turns out that rolling out of the gate 2 by 2 is putting yourself in a kill zone.

  3. #303
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    First thing that came to mind when I heard my own voice:
    Yes! One's own voice sounds really weird when recorded.


    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I just love the fact that you say "Command, heavy enemy armour". I'm not sure about Esoteric, but I just thought "we're brining two platoons of armour. I'm sure it will work out"
    Hehe, yep. All is well that ends well however. I note that your own voice was not audible in the video, were you just not talking then, or did you not capture that? Nice little vid, by the way!

  4. #304
    Network Hub Orius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    For the record: I'm not ignoring, I simply have no material to give you, because I have no recording software. It's a shame really, since I can actually run the game at 1080p at a decent framerate with some pretty graphics. I even blow up some reds and blues every now and then... What was the recommended capturing software again? Might be time for an investment.
    This reflects my position to the letter. I tend not to think much about these things when I'm in a gaming mood, I hardly even take screenshots. But I might give it a go.

  5. #305
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dewi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yes! One's own voice sounds really weird when recorded.
    I love my own voice! Can anyone tell?

  6. #306
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    This reflects my position to the letter. I tend not to think much about these things when I'm in a gaming mood, I hardly even take screenshots. But I might give it a go.
    oh its more than that: Hud and gun disabled. that means youd be actively hanging back to watch others shoot.
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

    "It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

    "I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

    "At least he has some personality."

  7. #307
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    167
    Uploaded an edited video of the footage I took on Thursday, I play poorly but it shows off some great squad/platoon/outfit tactics.



    Added some time tags for those who want to check out specific parts.
    2:53 are when the fights start getting big
    6:45 We assaulted our own base xD
    12:52 Outfit organised a huge assault on Indar Excavtion Site. Galaxy drops and tank squadrons. Pretty epic.
    18:53 RAVE AROUND THE CAMP FIRE!

  8. #308
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    To be fair, they had like 10 prowlers there, so I meant "we'll be slightly delayed". They got a few of us. Turns out that rolling out of the gate 2 by 2 is putting yourself in a kill zone.
    Good thing that some of us flanked down the mountainside and hit the bastards from the rear =)

  9. #309
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,157
    "This is our biolab? What are we doing here?"

    Uh, this has to go into the Giraffes movie!
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

  10. #310
    Lesser Hivemind Node Ksempac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    850
    Oh yes, so happy someone managed to capture that first massive Gal drop + armor rush. The footage is incredible, when we think "there are 12 peoples in each of theses planes". Good footage of the actual drop btw.

    Thank you !

  11. #311
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    "This is our biolab? What are we doing here?"
    Heh, that attack was brilliant!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    The footage is incredible, when we think "there are 12 peoples in each of theses planes".
    Yeah the game is incredible to allow these kind of scenarios to take place! Was a hell of a lot of fun.

  12. #312
    Network Hub Ernesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South of Munich
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    "This is our biolab? What are we doing here?"
    I would appreciate more of these 'attacks'. I'm still getting lost in the bigger bases. Especially in biolabs I'm sometimes struggling to find an entrance or an exit
    The way I imagine it, the SL turns into a tourist guide, showing the newbies around, explaining generators and shields and defense positions. The newbies then turn into japanese tourists (no offense) and take lots of screenshots

  13. #313
    Lesser Hivemind Node sinomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    639
    We have training sessions doing a tour of the big facilities. In fact I think there is one lined up soonish.

  14. #314
    Lesser Hivemind Node Ksempac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    We have training sessions doing a tour of the big facilities. In fact I think there is one lined up soonish.
    Yeap, tomorrow night 1900 BST http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...sotericReverie

  15. #315
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    We have training sessions doing a tour of the big facilities. In fact I think there is one lined up soonish.
    This is correct! EsotericReverie is leading a training session tomorrow night that should help some of the newer players. See http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...sotericReverie for details. For some reason I can't shorten that URL. I might be an idiot.

  16. #316
    Lesser Hivemind Node Ksempac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    850
    I'm curious : Can we have a list of all the staff for this Call to Arms ? Please fill up the blanks.

    High Command :
    SG : EsotericReverie, CMaster
    Liaison : Cooper
    Welcome Squad : Sinomatic, CmdrZod, Jacquar, PurpleSnow
    Scout : NickWhite

    Platoon 1 (PL : b3ll3nd)

    Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta
    SL Jclooth Skumby (iirc) Ksempac WallyTrooper
    RO Orius iNGLES Qw33r / The JG Man

    Platoon 2 (PL : Jaci)

    Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta
    SL Quanta Quanta Dewisant
    RO rotekian wigglebottom StaticNoob / Redem

    Platoon 3 (PL : Boriz / Jacquar)

    Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta
    SL MrEclectic
    RO

    Platoon 4 (PL : Andov)

    Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta
    SL Wardancer LordKiwi
    RO Duckfang Tke AlfieV

    Platoon 5 (PL : LordKiwi)

    Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta
    SL NickWhite
    RO
    Last edited by Ksempac; 12-05-2013 at 09:40 AM.

  17. #317
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Boris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,417
    I was platoon 3 PL. Boriz in game. I think MrEclectic was Platoon 3 Alpha SL.

  18. #318
    Lesser Hivemind Node Ksempac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I was platoon 3 PL. Boriz in game. I think MrEclectic was Platoon 3 Alpha SL.
    Added. No idea who your RO were ? I mean, the name of the voices in your head telling you everything is fucked

  19. #319
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Boris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,417
    PL3 Delta SL: RIDEBIRD, I think.
    Don't remember my ROs, and I didn't take a screenshot of my platoon.

  20. #320
    Lesser Hivemind Node madmoxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Rirdeg View Post
    Uploaded an edited video of the footage I took on Thursday, I play poorly but it shows off some great squad/platoon/outfit tactics.



    Added some time tags for those who want to check out specific parts.
    2:53 are when the fights start getting big
    6:45 We assaulted our own base xD
    12:52 Outfit organised a huge assault on Indar Excavtion Site. Galaxy drops and tank squadrons. Pretty epic.
    18:53 RAVE AROUND THE CAMP FIRE!

    Did you cut out my boob talk or was it like i said...
    - I DID'NT TALK ABOUT MY BOOBS!!
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •