Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Ok suddenly there were a buttload of posts so I'm not going to reply directly to what coffee said, but, yes. The idea is that we should have a supreme giraffe ordering platoons around, rather than each squad by himself. That was just the way it turned out that one night due to an influx of giraffes no sane man could have foreseen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    actually, I lead the ns2 squad of about 16 people last call to arms, and we did do our own stuff as we were facing a massive front line and cmaster was concentrating on two specific areas. so we ended up taking the small stuff with some other public squads where the tr werent looking.
    This was mostly because our comm lines broke down and Cooper didnt have a bind setup for the Special Giraffe channel that we took refuge in. Eventually orders came through though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Uhm, guys, remember last time that we got like 200 people, and a portion of TRAM was hunting us? Well, those were the good old days...

9:20:08 πμ - PurrfectStorm: Thursday, May 9th! @rockpapershot is doing another Call To Arms event in @planetside2! Gear up! rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthr… #VS4LIFE

As tweeted By Maggy "PurrfectStorm" Luperza.

We may not get 200 people, but we'll sure get TRAM, NCTO and every lonewolf hunting us this time. Hurray...

Obscure Node
    This is the second call to arms in a row when I'm away for work...nevermind, have a great time on Thursday!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Uhm, guys, remember last time that we got like 200 people, and a portion of TRAM was hunting us? Well, those were the good old days...

9:20:08 πμ - PurrfectStorm: Thursday, May 9th! @rockpapershot is doing another Call To Arms event in @planetside2! Gear up! rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthr… #VS4LIFE

As tweeted By Maggy "PurrfectStorm" Luperza.

We may not get 200 people, but we'll sure get TRAM, NCTO and every lonewolf hunting us this time. Hurray...
    Ha, good fights should be had! I'm going to be happy as long as we're not on amerish again.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Ha, good fights should be had! I'm going to be happy as long as we're not on amerish again.
    Definitely. Let this one be the huge, extravagant sequel, with unlimited resources budget: armour columns, air squadrons, massive galaxy drops. Let's even have everyone trial lashers or lancers, and have a laser show!

So, Esamir then. Because we're likely not getting 200 people on Indar during primetime. :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I volunteer for squad leading.

HOWEVER, I would only be able to listen to the SL-SL chat, not speak in it, due to bugged Mumble. See this post. If that caveat is unacceptable, disregard my application.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    So, Esamir then. Because we're likely not getting 200 people on Indar during primetime. :P
    Probably, although depends where the bloody alert will be on.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 07-05-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Clicked "reply" on the wrong post

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quoting ourselves now, are we, MrEclectic?

Esamir is probably the best bet. We need to meet up, those of us who are interested in making this happen (SG, PL, welcome platoon volunteers and others who want to help). I suggest Mumble, tomorrow night at 1930 UK time.

Agenda:
    • Assignment of roles. Who does what?
    • How to handle newcomers and shuttling people into squads.
    • Walkthrough of comms and comms check, specifically SG-to-PL comms which we haven't tried before.

Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Quoting ourselves now, are we, MrEclectic?
    As Black Adder would say, "It's the only way to hold an intelligent conversation" :P

Was meaning to reply to Boriz's post. Hm, ok, not so intelligent...

Activated Node
    I've put my name down for SL on that google doc, I'll be on each night this week too to get back into the swing and get my mumble set up right

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I've been looking for an excuse to get back into PS2... I think this could be it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Current output on that google forms:

Platoon Leader, Squad Leader, Radio Operator, Inter-Outfit Liaison "Veteran" Cooper

Squad Leader, Radio Operator "Newbie(ish)" Rizlar

Radio Operator "Newbie(ish)" AlfieV

Supreme Giraffe, Platoon Leader, Squad Leader, Radio Operator, Inter-Outfit Liaison, "Feeder" "Veteran" EsotericReverie

Radio Operator, Inter-Outfit Liaison, "Feeder" "Newbie(ish)" CmdrZod Skhalt

Platoon Leader, Squad Leader "Veteran" LordKiwi

Radio Operator, Inter-Outfit Liaison "Veteran" qazz

Squad Leader "Newbie(ish)" Jcloth Jclooth
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Obscure Node
    I can't make it until about 21:00 UTC Have baby to bath and wife to feed after work.

Can I make a suggestion though, decide the continent Wednesday and make sure you tell everyone to log off there before joining the CTA on Thursday.

I didnt use the google thing until now. I think a lot of people glanced over it.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    Just chucked my name in the form as I'm willing to help out. However I will likely be on a bit later on (8ish UK on Thursday), but last time still seemed to be building squads around that time.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by kaney777 View Post
    I can't make it until about 21:00 UTC Have baby to bath and wife to feed after work.

Can I make a suggestion though, decide the continent Wednesday and make sure you tell everyone to log off there before joining the CTA on Thursday.
    Can't really do that, as it needs to be a continent without a queue and you never know if an alert will be on (alert=queue).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    There's a good tip, actually! Though if the continent is full already, we're still not going to make it there. And also. We're going to have to go to which one of Indar and Esamir that has not got an alert going, likely. Esamir + alert is going to be a problem most likely. Welcome platoon could possibly be on some other continent, that has no risk of pop-lock, though. As soon as people log on, if they're not already on the target continent, get them over to the welcome platoon continent, and into the queue to the op continent. When they get a slot to warp, shuttle them over to a squad with free slots.

Sorry for asking, potentially dumb questions. On the night itself, do the regular grunt types - like me- just log onto Mumble and wait to get sorted? From looking at this thread there is going to be quite a lot of us having a crack at this Are we short any sort of leadership roles? I don't know enough to be that ​effective, but if do need them, I have done it in other games, hundreds of times over.