Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, that's the general idea. Three groups of people:

- Players who have played Planetside for a bit and are in the outfit can just join a squad and get gaming.
    - Players who have played Planetside before but are not in the outfit, should go to the welcome platoon to get an invite, and then hop on over to one of the squads.
    -Players who are new to Planetside should come to the welcome platoon for an outfit invite and an intro to the game. When they're ready to go, they should head off to one of the squads and get gaming.

If you feel like taking on some part of leadership, then RO is probably the most practical, unless you're very comfortable with the game and tactical flow. Check out the guide for ROs linked in the OP of this thread.

Idon't want to dump enthousiam but i don't think someone who has only played for 2h (as per his previous post) is fit to be a RO. Yes RO is easier than SL but you still need to be used to play in a PS2 outfit. You need to know what are the important informations to convey, to analyse the situation to get an idea of what's going on and how the fight is going, etc.

But that's only my opinion, others may disagree.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 07-05-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Based on last time:
    Yes, we need to have the platoon level in. The decision to not do that at the start last time, was based on a serious misestimation of the event scale.
    No, I don't think we should have a bunch of independent platoons. That's effectively what we had on the first Call to Arms (this will be number 3) and while there were no disasters, there was also absolutely no feeling of being part of a larger whole. For the record, it was actually very rare for CtA2 for me to be sending everybody to the same place, save for the "Set pieces" like the first galaxy drop + engage PCG. I apologize if it felt like that to anyone, but I was reviewing each platoon's engagement status and shifting forces around all the time.

With regards to the NS2 lot (and any other groups) I think the best bet is to have some invite-only squads for them within our platoons. I'd rather not have them as a side show like they ended up last time, but a proper part of the combined operation.

Oh also, hopefully this time we can convince Jim not to pre-announce a continent, plus there will be alerts, hopefully reducing the chance of us being farmed by TRAM and NCTO all damn night.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I didnt use the google thing until now. I think a lot of people glanced over it.
    I know, which is why I posted the output so that anyone who had used it wasn't missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

note I counted no more than 198 though. you might have added the rtrs people too.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

I looked at the figure presented in-game on the outfit page. That read "220 members online" at one time. Apparently 10% of them were not on Mumble. Must've been a sad, lonely existence.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Based on last time:
    Yes, we need to have the platoon level in. The decision to not do that at the start last time, was based on a serious misestimation of the event scale.
    No, I don't think we should have a bunch of independent platoons. That's effectively what we had on the first Call to Arms (this will be number 3) and while there were no disasters, there was also absolutely no feeling of being part of a larger whole. For the record, it was actually very rare for CtA2 for me to be sending everybody to the same place, save for the "Set pieces" like the first galaxy drop + engage PCG. I apologize if it felt like that to anyone, but I was reviewing each platoon's engagement status and shifting forces around all the time.

With regards to the NS2 lot (and any other groups) I think the best bet is to have some invite-only squads for them within our platoons. I'd rather not have them as a side show like they ended up last time, but a proper part of the combined operation.

Oh also, hopefully this time we can convince Jim not to pre-announce a continent, plus there will be alerts, hopefully reducing the chance of us being farmed by TRAM and NCTO all damn night.
    Agreed on all points. The overall strategy dictated by the SG will ensure that the platoons can act somewhat coordinated. Because PLs cannot talk to each other, and cannot do that themselves. Running more than one "set-piece" moment should be the goal.

Edit: I took the time to make another platoon in Mumble, so now we have Platoon 5 with squads Quebec, Romeo, Sierra and Tango. That should really be enough, right?
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 07-05-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Obscure Node
    *Sigh* Are we at PCG going to come and take you down a notch... AGAIN? We're real men so we don't need this namby pamby organisation thingy wingy you all seem to be going gaga over. We just need our pure power, and the pack lunches our mums make us before we head out in our Galaxies

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Idon't want to dump enthousiam but i don't think someone who has only played for 2h (as per his previous post) is fit to be a RO. Yes RO is easier than SL but you still need to be used to play in a PS2 outfit. You need to know what are the important informations to convey, to analyse the situation to get an idea of what's going on and how the fight is going, etc.

But that's only my opinion, others may disagree.
    Yeah, while I'm comfortable leading people in a majority of environments (which counts for something for sure), my knowledge of the game is lacking somewhat. I can direct people, organise people but may end up being counter productive at this stage. Just a thought though, as originally stated, that it was only if we were short of people. Wasn't outright saying I should be one

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro Nit View Post
    *Sigh* Are we at PCG going to come and take you down a notch... AGAIN? We're real men so we don't need this namby pamby organisation thingy wingy you all seem to be going gaga over. We just need our pure power, and the pack lunches our mums make us before we head out in our Galaxies
    Last time we barley saw you for all the BRTD, GOON, and FU doing the work for you. So sure, if you think you can actually handle us.

Welcome to the hunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Bah, who needs real men anyway. Recent advances of Vanu Sovereignty science have made men entirely superfluous.

Network Hub
    *Sigh* Are we at PCG going to come and take you down a notch... AGAIN?
    Yes please! It was brilliant last time & we both won

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Bah, who needs real men anyway. Recent advances of Vanu Sovereignty science have made men entirely superfluous.
    Nano technology already made men superfluous.

I would have hoped that a post-scarcity economy and near-immortal lives would have produced a feminist utopia. Bit sad it didn't.

At least we have lasers...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Recent advances of Vanu Sovereignty science have made men entirely superfluous.
    Yeah, thanks to nanite-cyber-hermaphroditism we've all got both, baby! Tremble before the awesomeness of Vanu!
    Last edited by Rizlar; 07-05-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Is it okay to join in as and when? (i.e. it#'s not a case of if you're not there when it starts you can't come in?)

I have meetings darn sarf on Thursday but was hoping to join one of these soon.

I fall into the category of:

Have played PS2 before (Level 26 I think)

Know my way around the interface etc. (most of it).

Know how to follow waypoints / instructions.

Wander off for a cigarette now and then.

Mostly like to play Infiltrator and am usually okay at getting into decent positions for a proper battle. (To be honest, head-shots is all I crave...god it's a good feeling!)

My Engineer is "getting there" in way of certs and how I play him.

Can spawn AMS. (I have NO other certs on Sundy, though). I'm quite good at sneaking Sundy's into positions where I can see they're going to be needed for either defence or offence.

My lightning is decently cert'd - I especially enjoy skyguard and seem to be getting reasonable at either blowing aircraft up or at the very least - making them run away.

Have say 60% cert'd Scythe - I'm really excellent at flying into trees and hills at high speed and often upside down.

Suffer terribly from heartburn due to excessive wine consumption & enjoy a plastic comedy breast.

Yes, I know the above probably means I'm super-ready for Squadron Leader, but I'd like to work my way up so I don't lose touch with the common footsoldiers.

Mainly - was question 1. Is it okay to join in halfway through the evening?

Is it okay to join in as and when? (i.e. it#'s not a case of if you're not there when it starts you can't come in?)

I have meetings darn sarf on Thursday but was hoping to join one of these soon.

I fall into the category of:

Have played PS2 before (Level 26 I think)

Know my way around the interface etc. (most of it).

Know how to follow waypoints / instructions.

Wander off for a cigarette now and then.

Mostly like to play Infiltrator and am usually okay at getting into decent positions for a proper battle. (To be honest, head-shots is all I crave...god it's a good feeling!)

My Engineer is "getting there" in way of certs and how I play him.

Can spawn AMS. (I have NO other certs on Sundy, though). I'm quite good at sneaking Sundy's into positions where I can see they're going to be needed for either defence or offence.

My lightning is decently cert'd - I especially enjoy skyguard and seem to be getting reasonable at either blowing aircraft up or at the very least - making them run away.

Have say 60% cert'd Scythe - I'm really excellent at flying into trees and hills at high speed and often upside down.

Suffer terribly from heartburn due to excessive wine consumption & enjoy a plastic comedy breast.

Yes, I know the above probably means I'm super-ready for Squadron Leader, but I'd like to work my way up so I don't lose touch with the common footsoldiers.

Mainly - was question 1. Is it okay to join in halfway through the evening?

Yes. Of course.

oh and I should post my participation times: 1930 to 2300 CEST. (that is Central European Standard Time, right?)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Central European Summer Time. The S is to indicate daylight savings has gone into effect.