Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Trjp, have you considered removing all email address's/names etc from the emails and forwarding them on to some gaming sites like RPS, Destructoid, PC Gamer or whoever.

If your tale of terrible customer service comes to light and more people start chiming in with their own tales of it, it might attract enough attention to move things along and make things better?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Trjp, have you considered removing all email address's/names etc from the emails and forwarding them on to some gaming sites like RPS, Destructoid, PC Gamer or whoever.

If your tale of terrible customer service comes to light and more people start chiming in with their own tales of it, it might attract enough attention to move things along and make things better?
    Ditto. I'd also do what others have suggested (you might have already) and write to the CEO (or UK VP or whatever) with a full transcript of all correspondence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Big snag with that is they upgraded their CS system about 6 weeks ago and it wiped all the earlier messages out completely - so the conversation just "starts out of nowhere"...

They also keep closing the tickets which makes it hard to see every message at once

I also suspect I'm not seeing anything much which is new - I even wonder if I care anymore. A Uplay reward for a game I stopped playing months ago and the minimal danger they'll improve the quality of the port of Trials are probably not worth the effort!?

You just hate to give up but there are times when you realise your efforts are better expended elsewhere perhaps?

Don't you have your own copies of everything you've said to them and everything they've sent back? In a personal email account or something?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Don't you have your own copies of everything you've said to them and everything they've sent back? In a personal email account or something?
    Half their emails end-up in the SPAM folder, sadly, I'm guessing some will have gotten lost.

It's not really very exciting anyway - I generally ask a question and they C&P a reply about 6 days later so I repeat my question and then they throw-in a request for a screenshot or something

It could run and run I guess...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nothing happening in UBI land today but I ran into a problem with my old STO account not wanting to migrate over to Perfect World (for the new STO expansion) and so I emailled them.

I expected a slow reply - they've just launched a new expansion and there's all the Neverwinter stuff going on - and sure enough it takes 6 hours to get a C&P reply which doesn't answer my question. So I reply restating the issue and get a near-instant and perfect reply explaining the issue and how I can resolve it - total time to solve problem, less than 7 hours!!

I'm also having a problem with GetGamesGo - my account password isn't working and their password reset system just sends out blank emails - I emailled them, they replied immediately and whilst we've not solved it yet, 3 hours of tinkering with it is showing progress.

Oh - and Dabs sent me the wrong new GPU so I'm waiting for a response on that - and I want to return a headset to BASE (via Amazon) and they're insisting they don't have to take it back unless it's unopened (utterly untrue).

It's going to be a long day isn't it. Why do I buy things again? :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    It's going to be a long day isn't it. Why do I buy things again? :)
    Cause you're a sucker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MoLAoS View Post
    Cause you're a sucker.
    That'll be me and pretty much everyone else on earth not living in a yurt then...

Update! On the Driver issue, they've asked me to send screenshots again - to prove that I've unlocked the things I'm supposed to have etc. - I've done this twice now, in each case they go quiet for a while, ask something different entirely and then come back to asking for the screenshots again.

Four months and counting...

On the Trials issue - I got a new GPU. I've upgraded from a 5670 (512Mb) to a 650 TI Boost (2Gb) so you'd think things like texture issues and the inability to stick to 60fps would be things of the past yes?

No - in fact I'd say the game played almost IDENTICALLY! I can turn on some of the fancier stuff and still get 45-60fps but even on the lowest settings it will not do a solid 60fps.

and as the game's clock is not locked to fps, any slowdown you get eats your time and can make medals impossible...

Thing is - they're going to ask for all the system analysis shit AGAIN - I'm not sure i have the strength - I think it might be easier just to forget Trials even came to PC, that I threw 12 into a hole and that the people at Redlynx can fuck themselves...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hey Hey - they're back again!

Driver:SF Issue - three months ago I told them I'd unlocked extras in UPlay but that they're weren't available in-game. Over 22 replies and their current position is still

"You have not proven you've earned those rewards".

I've sent screenshots showing them the awards REDEEMED in Uplay - I've shown them proof I've completed the game - but that isn't enough, I need to do more to convince them (at this point, I'm thinking "kidnap their kids" might work).

Nothing back in Trials (surprise surprise) but myself and a few other people had posted detailed breakdowns of our issues on the Redlynx forum, showing video evidence of poor FPS and textures being missed and in my case, showing that even upgrading GPUs made NO DIFFERENCE to the poor performance of the game.

They've not replied to those - they just deleted them!! - and with zero other activity I suspect they're hoping the issue will go away.

Seriously folks - Trials is probably the worst PC port done in the last 5 years - stay away FFS

and on the wider note, don't bother raising a case with UBI because I think they just employ fuckwits who ask random questions in the hope you'll go away (and cases auto-close whilst they're away anyway!)
    Last edited by trjp; 04-06-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Hi everyone, it's group therapy time. I too have made the mistake of trying to get support from Ubisoft.

About two years ago I spent two weeks playing email roulette with the Ubishop support (at Digital River) and Ubisoft customer support, because I did not get an offered deal price. It appeared that the discount expired during my checkout (around 3 a.m. on a Sunday, US East time), so I paid $26.79 for ACB (33% off, the week-long deal price), instead of the $19.99 I expected (50% off, the one-day Saturday deal price). Being unhappy with the Ubisoft DRM, the Ubishop's 30 day download limit, and Ubisoft's history of poor game support, the offered price was the sole deal maker, so of course they screwed me on it. The price shown in my cart was not the price I was invoiced for, and the best support I could get in a dozen emails from them was an offer for 20% off a future Ubishop purchase (which naturally I declined).

Some fun facts: the "Ubisoft Store" is a "third party reseller of the product" (an Ubisoft game), they do not know who sets the discount prices on their website or how to find out what they were, and Ubisoft would rather ping-pong you between their support systems for two weeks than rectify a $6.80 overcharge.

The 2011 Ubishop summer sale page is still up, and it shows the final Sunday price I was charged for ACB. I initially saw the offer here, and a message even mentions the Saturday $19.99 ACB price (notice the date), but I was never able to prove it's existence to their satisfaction. Here is the background image from the Saturday page (showing $29.99 for the trilogy at 66% discount), and here's a 50% off ACB roll-over picture, but it is beyond them to figure out what the Saturday discount was without a full version of the offer page, despite this stuff still sitting on their own webserver.

My standing recommendation is to never do business with the Ubishop no matter what they offer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They're back again - on the Trials issue - they'd like me to run a system diagnostic again.

I've run the one they've asked me today for TWICE already, I've also sent them 2 DXDIAGs and 2 MSINFOs

I think we're beyond taking-the-piss now...

I still think you should take this to the gaming media.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't think one person's attempt to get a UPlay reward and a PC game which actually works on PCs is enough for someone to get a story out of - I think what we DO need is some sort of a system whereby we can highlight customer service issues with games (or software generally) which does consider itself to be utterly above consumer law and has done for a long time.

If you buy a PC component and it doesn't work properly - you'll almost certainly get a refund. If it breaks within 2 years you're legally entitled to a replacement (in the EU at least).

WIth software, people can ship what the hell they like - they claim consumer laws wouldn't work for software because of it's complexity but the fact is that most software works pretty-well and, most worryingly, the software which tends to work least-well isn't coming from one-man-band companies but massive multinationals - which suggests to me that there's a genuine issue of "not giving a shit what the customer gets" in such companies.

I have - however - too many balls in the air already to be starting ANOTHER crusade - at least just yet ;)

One person, no not really. But it sounds like you're far from an isolated case.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OhOh and a big laugh incoming.

A quick reply to my earlier ticket points me to the Redlynx board where one of their reps has posted that they are working on a patch but that "as they don't know what will be in it they didn't see why they needed to tell people about it" - or words to that effect.

That's the same thread I posted my findings into and had them deleted - and when I questioned why my and other people's work had been deleted, I was banned until the end of next week for "abusive behaviour"(*)

(*) I may have been slightly rude to someone who I was 100% certain was some sort of astroturfer - he kept trying to pick-apart out findings in the weirdest way, using odd logical arguments and even calling-out spelling and grammatical errors and then moving that along to 'so it's your PC and not the game at fault' conclusions.

His posts have also disappeared (and they went back to the start of the thread) along with all replies to him - it was very odd and I don't, sadly, have screenies...

I'm always suspicious of people who feel the need to tell you that a problem being reported by dozens of people on the widest range of hardware is 'clearly their PC and not the game' - he'd not even admit to whether he owned the game or what his PC spec was - I'm reading that as 'intern on astroturfing duty'.
    Last edited by trjp; 05-06-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aha - I see Redlynx are launching 2 new Trials games at E3 - one of which is coming to PC.

I also note that they've deleted the entire Trials 2 Gold (PC) forum - removing all the comments which criticised the AWFUL quality of that game in a nutshell.

Nicely done fellas...

Meanwhile, UBI have now 'escalated' both my requests and put them into a pending state meaning I can't edit them - I guess that's "fuck off" for you...

Hi, found this thread through a google search for other people having problems with Ubisoft support. I've had a ticket open with them since May 16th about Uplay rejecting my key code. I got a response the day after i opened the ticket saying the key code was valid, they asked for a photo of the box and a screen shot of the error for proof. I replied back with the photo and the screenshot and haven't heard anything back since. Starting to wonder if i'll ever get a reply. I had a similar problem with Origin rejecting a key code and contacted EA customer support and the issue was resolved within 2 days, they just gave me a new key code.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Reply to your ticket if you can - they do forget tickets but so long as they're not "PENDING" you can reply and they will usually wake-up (not necessarily with a valid answer - sadly).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Update:

They've offered - after FOUR MONTHS - to fix an 'apparent problem' in my UPlay account. It seems they've just noticed what I reported way back when, that I've not 'earned' things I've earned and I've spent points but not received rewards!!

Only thing is - they won't make the changes until I

a - prove the account is mine
    b - prove I own the games in question

Yes, the fact I'm logged-in to the account to raise and update the issue and the fact the game is on that account are not enough.

They've asked me - for - wait for it - for - wait for it...

A digitialy scanned receipt or CD box code.

erm...

p.s. they came on Trials - they asked me to 'scan my Steam games for errors' - that's one HELL of a random request...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I know Blizzard will ask for original cd key for verification. But then that was the only way to get the game was from a box. Seems silly thing to ask for a digital copy. And I thought having account based support is to track the support request and who you are helping...