Lost my thumbnails

I appear to have lost thumbnails in Windows 7 for all video files, wmv, mp4, flv etc. Pictures are okay, jpg, bmp, gif etc - just video files, I can only see icons. What the hell? Nothing much has changed on my system from the last time I could see them.

Yeah, so I'm still missing thumbnails.

Obviously view thumbnails instead of icons is ticked. I've tried deleting the IconCache.db file and Windows created a new one - still no change. Tried uninstalling K-Lite video codecs and updated my graphics cards drivers twice since my thumbnails disappeared, still no thumbnails for all AVI, MPG, MP4, FLV and WMV.

Need some help here...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Since it only affects video files (and seemingly all of the more common ones), it sounds to me as though the file type association has been mucked up, and is pointing to a program that doesn't want to play ball for whatever reason. Perhaps this discussion offers some helpful suggestions.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 19-10-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18