Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, I do agree with this, actually. Nearly all of the outfit logos they've shown so far have been nearly photographic in their level of detail, and probably won't be visible at all from a distance. Ours is much better in that way. Clear shapes, contrasting colours. Should be much more visible. Also: giraffe camo! Should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, I do agree with this, actually.
    "Everything Boris says is usually crap, so I'm shocked he actually got things right for a change."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did anyone else notice this? Compare the BRH logo tweeted to T-Ray to the BRH decal second from left. They are clearly both for the same outfit, but very different.

Anyone know if BRH submitted the more polished design as well, or is someone at SOE redesigning them to fit into the game better? Would seem like a lot of work for the devs, but I'm already surprised at how much effort they are putting into these.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I thought some of these were looking too well fitting with the game (although the goon one still looked fairly poop imo).

I'd just assumed they picked the best ones but that's a complete redesign if true.
    Almost kind of worrying.

The BRH logo is on their website, in giant format, so they did it themselves.

Edit : read their reaction on their forum : it's their logo, they submitted it, but they are pissed off because they are a TR outfit . Ray told them he tried it on NC because there was a lot of blue and yellow on it.
    So yeah right now theses logos are only tests by designers, not a full implementation.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 24-05-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    "Everything Boris says is usually crap, so I'm shocked he actually got things right for a change."

Hahaha! No no, not at all. I find you a very reasonable chap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Ray told them he tried it on NC because there was a lot of blue and yellow on it.
    lmfao /char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    If they are fussed that it doesnt have any text on it, then thats an easy change tbh.. We could add in some small text around the circle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I've updated the files with non-compressed PNGs that have been put through optipng. Filenames remane the same, so links still work.

All details repeated on the website here:
    http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/outfit-logo/
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I've updated the files with non-compressed PNGs that have been put through optipng. Filenames remane the same, so links still work.

All details repeated on the website here:
    http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/outfit-logo/
    Cool. If you get a little time, dont forget those extra pallette colours. Its not a top priority, but it would be good at some point. BG colour and planet texture.

http://abload.de/img/rpstnqcs.png

I made a quick vector of it. Basically redrew it in Illustrator by hand, so it is not a 100% exact copy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8604240/rps.ai

.ai file download.
    PS2 Ingame: Agenious
    Mumble: Age

I think Rizlar should be able to create a vector from the original file anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    I think Rizlar should be able to create a vector from the original file anyway?
    I might be wrong, but it does need to be converted either with an image trace (which looses the detail) or manually. Converting vector to bitmap is much easier.

Either way, I mainly did it because I was bored so

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Vector to raster is easy. Raster to vector usually requires the thing to be redrawn as a vector image.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Vector to raster is easy. Raster to vector usually requires the thing to be redrawn as a vector image.
    Precisely. Anyway, if Rizlar hasn't started creating a vector of it I hope he finds some use of the .ai file at least. While my cluttering by hand might not be very good, the rest should be good to go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm I have never really used Illustrator for anything, didn't even realise that it has a brush-like tool! I was thinking you would have to use the pen tool to define every outline, since that is what I associate with vector work. Your version looks good but I might try to create a vector version myself anyway (partially just to learn the process), crisp up the outlines and try to keep as much of the sketchy bits/texture as possible. How did you introduce the planet texture? That was the one element I thought completely unsuited to vector graphics.

On another note, are there any plans to create a version of the 'Rock, Planet Shotgun' [sic] text to go up alongside the other graphics resources? Digital typography is not something I have much experience with either (if you want some hand rendered type I'm all over it!), but need a finished version for the youtube background. If there are no plans to make a standard one I can just work it out myself anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Hmm I have never really used Illustrator for anything, didn't even realise that it has a brush-like tool! I was thinking you would have to use the pen tool to define every outline, since that is what I associate with vector work. Your version looks good but I might try to create a vector version myself anyway (partially just to learn the process), crisp up the outlines and try to keep as much of the sketchy bits/texture as possible. How did you introduce the planet texture? That was the one element I thought completely unsuited to vector graphics.

On another note, are there any plans to create a version of the 'Rock, Planet Shotgun' [sic] text to go up alongside the other graphics resources? Digital typography is not something I have much experience with either (if you want some hand rendered type I'm all over it!), but need a finished version for the youtube background. If there are no plans to make a standard one I can just work it out myself anyway.
    The purple circle could perhaps be widened a bit and the text wrapped inside of that?

Regarding Illustrator there are, to my knowledge, two ways of converting bitmap images to vector. There is an automated tool called "Image Trace" but it does not create layers or anything, it just analyses the image and its edges and then traces them with more or less successful results.
    The more time-consuming, but far better, method would be to manually re-draw it or trace it. The pen-tool can be used for all the objects but the brushed parts. The brushed parts can be done with a brush tool that does exist. It is slightly different from Photoshop, but still quite usable.

Regarding the planet texture it was a simple vectorised texture that I had on my harddrive. I probably bought it somewhere from some vector-site and added it to my library. It is included in my .ai file above, so if you download it you get it.

I have some free time tomorrow after my exam so I could just make a version that is truer to your original. Basically trace all the drawn parts with a pen-tool. I could also make a version with the text added as an example. Otherwise, feel free to use my ai-file and ask for help if you need any.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Agemman View Post
    The purple circle could perhaps be widened a bit and the text wrapped inside of that?
    Sorry, was thinking this was the Youtube thread. I meant something like this text.

I wouldn't mind having a go at a vector version, pretty much just for the experience. As far as I know there isn't a pressing need for a vector logo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Sorry, was thinking this was the Youtube thread. I meant something like this text.

I wouldn't mind having a go at a vector version, pretty much just for the experience. As far as I know there isn't a pressing need for a vector logo anyway.
    I think it would be best if Rizlar create the vector, purely so that it can be as close to original as possible, and his hand knows the current logo like no other!

Regarding the text, Rizlar, there is no current image file, just the font itself. Im assuming you have downloaded it, so as long as you create something using that font with a similar incline/skew as the original RPS logo, I would assume we can call that "the one".

Cooper did revisit it for the website, but in his current version the "rock" is misaligned with the "shotgun", so it would be best for you to just create a new version that we can then forward to cooper perhaps?

This is the current version from the site, but the logo in use is an older version before the sprig change, which needs to be updated. The issue with the text is also there, but white on white.. . Ill message cooper about this, but for now go ahead and produce a file for the text if you can, and post the link up. Might be a good idea to host it as a PSD, with several of the more popular tag lines on layers so that we can switch between.

Tagline: this is another topic. I kind of like the idea of it being film related, but at the same time should be kept in line with the rest of the images. I quite like purple spandex since still, so go with that for now at least, and we can change it later on. When you post the background file, make sure the text is in an easily editable layer.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    If you guys can give me an Illustrator file with everything separated out by layers that's great. It's also worth noting I'm still currently using CS4, so I need a file that's saved to be compatible with that.

I can then play around with some kind of intro sting for YouTube videos.