Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah the only reason for having the vector is it makes an animated sting a little easier to put together.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But it just so happens that the vector version is also a better option for resizing. You can include the planet texture as a raster layer within the SVG right? So it will resize perfectly, apart from the texture, where slight artifacting/loss of detail doesn't actually matter anyway.

Just seems that since Cooper's SVG looks so crisp we may as well use it wherever possible, since colour and detail will be perfectly accurate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    If anything, my reason for leaving the other versions is so that if somebody wants to use the logo they can do so at the desired size without having to resize it.

The one that you could argue being removed is the large version, but I still think its nice to have variety in formats.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    UPDATE:

Given the outfit names cannot include a comma in-game and anywhere the name appears based upon API data will be without a comma, it makes sense for our oufit to be called "Rock Planet Shotgun" sans-comma(s)

It also, in running text, easily distinguishes a mention of the outfit Rock Planet Shotgun from a mention of the website Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

As such, I'll update the outfit font logo soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Technically only losing one comma, so I guess it doesnt make a great deal of difference! Hopefully it looks ok without.

KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is there an easy way to save the SVGs as images/canvases/whateveryoucallthem from the links? Basically I just want to open one of them in Illustrator, at the moment it seems like I will have to save the code as an XML file then work out how to open that in Illustrator since Firefox doesn't seem to be giving me options to just download them as .SVG.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Rightclick the link and save linked content as...?

Works for me in opera anyways.

In fact just right clicking the svg works.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah, now I feel stupid. Just had to click on the link rather than the open image. Cheers!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...is_tramell_on/

The Player Studio for Planetside is launched on Monday it seems. One of the things this is going to be used for is adding outfit decals to the game, according to Higby's comment.

Of course this is only for the US, which does not bode well for our logo. But we will see how it turns out next week. A solution will hopefully emerge in the future.

Well, considering most of us are using the SOE launcher, will this be an issue? I assume the patch that interacts with this stuff will be rolled out to us too. We can probably use the player studio, so long as its not region locked on the site.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Additionally: Rizlar, did you have any chance to have a look about changes for the youtube header given the avatar overlap?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Only or the US... how, exactly?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Well, considering most of us are using the SOE launcher, will this be an issue? I assume the patch that interacts with this stuff will be rolled out to us too. We can probably use the player studio, so long as its not region locked on the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Only or the US... how, exactly?
    Player Studio allows players to create items and sell them in-game. Currently, this feature is for US players only, probably due to legal issues. I assume, and might be wrong in doing so, that this means that all parts of the Player Studio is off limits to us in the EU.

I also navigated to the Player Studio for Planetside site and tried the link "Submit an item". I then logged in with my station account and got the following message: "Sorry, you must be over the age of 18 and a United States citizen to participate in this program."

A way around this would of course be to have one of our United States members (we do have some, don't we?) submit the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post

A way around this would of course be to have one of our United States members (we do have some, don't we?) submit the logo.
    ALL the loopholes. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Sinomatic has an American friend. As an outfit we helped migrate her game profile so she owes us BIGTIME.

Failing that I'm sure one of us can fake a station account quite easily, god knows enough of you have already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

This is probably a bit late for us to look at (since we've already designed our decal), but they have a style guide up: https://www.planetside2.com/player-studio/style-guide

We should probably double check that our logo conforms. Would we need to submit it via Player Studio though? Since we've handed it to SOE, haven't they gone about implementing it themselves? Perhaps they'll include several outfit logos with the release of the studio?

I'm pretty sure decals do not conform to those style guidelines. Not as they currently exist anyway.

Nevertheless, we used the palette they have there when we started the logo. We deviated somewhat, but the core is close enough I think.

Much closer than many other logos T-Ray showed...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Think that style guide is more for people interested in the faction designs that something that needs to be adhered to in player studio. Our logo should be fine. Don't see why they would disallow a bright pink duck as a decal, if that's what an outfit had chosen.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Sinomatic has an American friend. As an outfit we helped migrate her game profile so she owes us BIGTIME.
    I still think it's a little presumptuous to expect her to marry one of us.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b3ll3nd View Post
    I still think it's a little presumptuous to expect her to marry one of us.
    Im not a monster! She doesn't have to jump straight into the marriage, we'll have a five year trial period where we just live at her house rent free. My only proviso is there are to be no bourbons in the biscuit tin. Bourbons are awful.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.