Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    I did have the idea of the giraffe braying or bellowing when it appears. Finding a recording of such a sound is a bit beyond the time I can spend on Google-Fu right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Could pitch that down for an 'adult' sound. Or make a knowing reference to it, and just replace it with a different random sound effect every time it's used. An example that springs to mind is Wilhelm Scream, Cat Meow, or the very frequently used 'Police Chatter Noise'

Obscure Node
    It seems obvious why the adult giraffe don't use their voices. It's because when they do, they sound like a dying cat being hit over the head with a large soggy carp.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Rizlar, that text just displays plain for me. I was talking about the normal font that we chose, with the purple whisp behind it.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/pza4m6...be_banner.png#

This one. ID like to see the logo appear with the planet, and then perhaps it gets set on fire by a sideways ball of purple plasma that forms that whisp, and the text appears?

The planet/logo on fire with purple certainly does scream VANU ATTACK to me.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Just as a quick side note, I love knowing about the Wilhelm Scream. Once you do, you can just spot it in so many games, films, TV shows ... the audio guys little hidden secret.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    The file with the text that Rizlar shared displayed plain online but was in the correct font when I downloaded it - previewing error from Mediafire I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Just as a quick side note, I love knowing about the Wilhelm Scream. Once you do, you can just spot it in so many games, films, TV shows ... the audio guys little hidden secret.
    It's getting to the point now where it's in every damn movie these days though. We need a new audio secret!

Would anyone be able to do me a favour. I need the logo but with a transparent back ground. Specifically the logo from the main outfit webpage including the giraffe and purple plasma ball, with no purple background or other heads and the text with a slight border to make it distinguishable. It's for a piece of promo material for next week. Need it ASAP.

Forgot who made that logo so hoping you may still have the layered image. Can't do it myself though as I don't have any form of image editing other than paint. lol

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Here's what you asked for. http://www.mediafire.com/view/d1zrdf...lasma_ball.png

All the files required are linked to in this thread, including layered files and the text from the banner here, so in theory anyone should be able to throw stuff together, but I realise it's a bit fiddly if you aren't used to using the design applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Here's what you asked for. http://www.mediafire.com/view/d1zrdf...lasma_ball.png

All the files required are linked to in this thread, including layered files and the text from the banner here, so in theory anyone should be able to throw stuff together, but I realise it's a bit fiddly if you aren't used to using the design applications.
    Thanks Rizlar, that's amazing!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Its a nice variation actually, ill add it to the main post.

It would also be nice to have this be shown at the start of our videos briefly.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Barring the planet it wouldn't be hard to turn it into an SVG, the sketchy bits may not come across 100% the same but would be fairly close.

I can probably knock one together sometime if it was needed.

It's needed. Barring the planet texture, which I don't think would come out well.
    I tried running the existing resources through inkscape but the result is just rasters embedded into a svg which doesn't help. Idealized version would work. Hell, just the giraffe as a true svg would be enough for me to work with, but it would help to have the other pretties.

I would appreciate help with this as well as no one starting any rumours about my supposed super-secret secret "secret project" project which, if it existed at all, would be a secret.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    It's needed. Barring the planet texture, which I don't think would come out well.
    I tried running the existing resources through inkscape but the result is just rasters embedded into a svg which doesn't help. Idealized version would work. Hell, just the giraffe as a true svg would be enough for me to work with, but it would help to have the other pretties.

I would appreciate help with this as well as no one starting any rumours about my supposed super-secret secret "secret project" project which, if it existed at all, would be a secret.
    Check the first page. I created an SVG ages ago.

Alternatively, these are the links you want for SVG:
    http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/Roc...otgun_Logo.svg
    and
    http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/outfitname.svg
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    God damn it HOW DO I KEEP MISSING THESE THINGS?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ah, right, I did see them, but I don't think they help since I assumed .svg files are unlayered and I need each component as its own thing.

Buuut this seems to work. Awesome.
    Last edited by Grumpy; 03-06-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    If I knew about such a secret super-secret project, I would not be able to confirm nor deny its existence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If there was a super-injuction out on said super-secret secret project, you wouldn't even be able to talk about not confirming it's existence.

Also, dammit with the layered SVG. I was sure we had everything covered! Will try to knock up what you are after a bit later but if Cooper could just do what he did before, but with layers, that would be amazing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    If I knew about such a secret super-secret project, I would not be able to confirm nor deny its existence.
    I can neither confirm nor deny that Lakroy do or do not have information on any super-secret project, real or fictional.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    We had everything covered, it's cool, I'm just stupid.

Although the circles are strange. They seem to still have bitmap information somewhere. I'm having to make my own.
    Last edited by Grumpy; 03-06-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah yeah, vector doesn't need layers. It's all just vectors. Unghf.