Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Revengeance coming to PC

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nfirmed-for-pc

No release date, but this is good news for PC-based Metal Gear fans/fans of crazy hack and slash games.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Soon, Bayonetta. Soon, I shall play you. Also, Vanquish. Soon, I shall play both of you. Mmmmmyessssssss.

*Waits patiently, hoping.*
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    That's kinda cool news, but I'll save my flipping out for when we get MGS1-4
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    After MGS4 I thought it was impossible to "jump the shark" any higher. Revensharkanancejumping makes a Cyborg trying to stop a giant carrier ship from crashing into a clay shore with his one good hand look like a sane idea...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Good news for MGS fans? Eh, not so much.

Good news for Platinum fans? HELL YEAH

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    After MGS4 I thought it was impossible to "jump the shark" any higher. Revensharkanancejumping makes a Cyborg trying to stop a giant carrier ship from crashing into a clay shore with his one good hand look like a sane idea...
    Welcome to Platinum. Hope you enjoy the over-the-top EVERYTHING.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Platinum is my favorite thing about video games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Good news for MGS fans? Eh, not so much.

Definitely, shows they don't mind bringing the Metal Gear franchise to PC, and gives me hope for Ground Zeroes
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    That's kinda cool news, but I'll save my flipping out for when we get MGS1-4
    MGS1 and 2 are on PC, or they can be emulated for better graphics.

I (and a few friends) said this would not happen.
    It is.
    I am happy to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    MGS1 and 2 are on PC, or they can be emulated for better graphics.
    It's more 4 I'm after. I don't own a ps3 and I have the others for both my ps2 and my vita.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    3 is bestest and it's on 3DS(and thusly super easy to emulate). But if course that would be illegal.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I just want Red Dead Redemption :((

Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    I just want Red Dead Redemption :((
    Stupid console boxes :(

I've played that one, it's a very good game.

I'm fully aware that MGS4 may never go to PC, which is why after the PS4 gets released and PS3's are going cheap I'll buy one and download MGS4 for it.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Nifty. I played it on the ps3, loved every second of it.

Platinum plus kojima equals crap so crazy awesome your brain will shut down. Just be warned that the difficulty spikes at the end
    I spent about an hour to an hour and a half on the final boss and loved every frustrating second of it.

Also, it has a nifty feature where the music corresponds to the phase of a boss fight. So you start off reserved, by platinum standards, and get the vocals when they feel most appropriate.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    3 is bestest and it's on 3DS(and thusly super easy to emulate). But if course that would be illegal.
    Why in the world would you emulate the subpar 3DS version when you could just emulate the PS2 one? Which should be even easier to emulate?

But if you buy the copy for Ps2, but play it on a PC emulator of Ps2, is that still illegal?

I -think- the PS2 emulator requires a PS2 Bios file, which means you must legally own both the game AND the system.
    If I'm wrong and no Bios file is needed, then I think just having the game makes it legal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I checked this out, this is not the usual stealthy action game other MGSs are. Absolutely no stealth action. This is a hack n' slash. And this one not particular brilliant. I rather wait for that Ground Zero / Phantom / ... whatever it's called. That one is rather promising.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    I checked this out, this is not the usual stealthy action game other MGSs are. Absolutely no stealth action. This is a hack n' slash. And this one not particular brilliant. I rather wait for that Ground Zero / Phantom / ... whatever it's called. That one is rather promising.
    Yeah, it's a bit different. Most of it doesn't even make sense. But it's basically the equivalent of a B-Roll action movie set in the Metal Gear universe. It may not be anywhere near as intelligent as any of the other games, but it's pretty damn fun. Probably be even better with mouse and keyboard instead of the clunky Tiny & Big styled control that you get on the gamepad.

Oh, and my source is the Revengeance Demo that came with Zone of The Enders HD (which I would also love to see on PC, along with MGS2, 3 and 4).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    difficulty spikes at the end

I spent about an hour to an hour and a half on the final boss and loved every frustrating second of it.
    So not being able to kill a final boss on the first 4-5 attempts is considered difficult now? I spent more time in between bonfires in Dark Souls than that. The first of the three phases of Ninja Gaiden's boss took me that much.

This seems to be on-par with Bayonetta on difficulty.