Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Thread - Sunday 12th May

It's Sunday, and from 7pm (GMT+1) it's NS2 time. Get in Mumble & steam chat, and join the fight for your species of choice.

(By the way, this is just an idea I'm trying out, if you guys think it would be better to bump the old megathread, then do that instead)

Activated Node
    Just to not confuse anyone (I was), that means 7 PM GMT+0 with daylight savings time.

Edit: Wait, maybe that's just even more confusing? Uh, 8 PM CET anyway (Sweden, Germany, etc).
    Last edited by njursten; 12-05-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am confused but CET works for me. Would you put recordings in threads like this? I would like that!

Activated Node
    we'll see if i come today, i have a physics test tomorrow so i SHOULD study. might show up sometime

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I guess the test was more important

A thread like this isn't a bad idea, it's got 50 or so views, so at least people are aware it's going on.

I may put videos in here too, I tried recording last night but it ate my framerate more than usual.
    steam: sketch

Yeah last night was fun.

I particularly enjoyed that game on Veil, when marines had control of sub and pipe for a while. It really felt like the game could've gone either way, but marines just weren't aggressive enough in the end.

I really enjoyed last night. After kind of a dry spell, I'm sucked back in to NS2 and am looking forward alot to Thursday.
    The game on Refinery with the constant onslaughts and the epic marine assault and marine defense squad was very thrilling. Which reminds me, I wanted to post something on Refinery in that other thread...

Network Hub
    Ah sorry about refinery.. another reason I shouldn't comm

I had to afk for a cpl of min as comm where Kwis was able to jump in because my little boy (1yr old) was crying/teething.. then after that, I was distracted cause he was making the odd whimper and I didnt know if I'd have to leave again..

If I was there properly, we could have won, grunt skill + teamwork was v good

Quote Originally Posted by balmark View Post
    I had to afk for a cpl of min as comm where Kwis was able to jump in because my little boy (1yr old) was crying/teething..
    Which is exactly why I'm so reluctant to comm.

No worries though, the game was quite enjoyable for me at least. And me hopping in didn't make any difference from leaving it empty, I think I clicked one thing and that's it

So, how should we proceed with sessional threads? Before posting another thread I think we should work out a format that is better suited. Two Threads a week is def too many, so how about a monthly thread like "NS2 Chronicles: May 2013" or "The May Sessions"?

Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    so how about a monthly thread like "NS2 Chronicles: May 2013" or "The May Sessions"?
    sounds like a good idea.

Obscure Node
    We interrupt our regular programming with our regular Monthly Game Thread: May 2013 - May mayday on May Day. A monthly thread sounds good to me. It'll also make finding old stuff easier.

On a sadder note I won't be joining you today, except perhaps very late and very drunk. On the other hand, more bread for you guys. Hard, stale commander bread

Activated Node
    I'll do the same, but probably only sorta late and sorta drunk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I comm'd yesterday in a public game. It went disastrous but everyone was informed about this before the game commenced(No one wanted to comm, and I kinda wanted the game to roll on after 5 minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by unimural View Post
    except perhaps very late and very drunk.
    Huh, you usually sound like the calmest person ever, i wonder how you sound when drunk !

Activated Node
    ill be a little late for todays session, im gonna watch the ice hockey quarter finals, but ill come later!

Network Hub
    I'm runnin late too, 3yr old still isn't in bed n inlaws are over

I'll be there tonight, I'm just waiting for this m*`erfuc$r dropbox to move its butt and download shit.
    f*king dropbox let me kill things already.

edit : this post was brought to you by "being french".

Are we using this thread for now? I'm going ahead and post in here anyway...

Well, last night was starting slowly but evolved into a very solid session. The Faded was great as was classic. RockDown was... stellar? Sort of...
    With our alcohol-fueled norse berserks the enemy didn't stay a chance and fled in dismay. The Purple Skulks were victorious yet again! The glory!

And airtekh was secretly playing PS2, I'm sure. Confess!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Are we using this thread for now? I'm going ahead and post in here anyway...
    Perhaps airtekh or someone with mod powers could rename the thread to refer to the entire month?

Nice games yesterday, sad to have mostly missed faded though. See you on Sunday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Looks like we lost the ability to embed Youtube videos...

Anyway, a taster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aKrL2JCe6IY
    steam: sketch