My deepest condolences!

Alas, all the bread in the world couldn't prevent this!

You just weren't fit enough...

Kwis, where the hell did you get that photo from? Or did you make it?

And yeah, RPSkulk is a bit dead. Only three of us last night. Sadface. Hopefully we might get an influx of newbies from the imminent steam sale.

I've said it before and I'll say it again though, charging 23 euro for the game at this stage in it's life cycle is ridiculous, especially since the main competition for the game are mostly free-to-play offerings.

My wive took it earlier. On the left you can see me, mourning. On the the right you can see my oldest son, weeping.

Na, I crafted it yesterday, while chatting to you and waiting for WotR to download. And I do agree: the price is a real problem, I too hope there'll be some fresh meat once the sale comes along.
    I have to say though that I don't quite agree with the competition. Battlezone, Tremolous, Savage C&C:Renegade are all no real competition anymore, and PS2 & Co are not exactly the same kind of niche as NS2 is. I think NS2 just is a game that doesn't appeal to a vast majority of ppl; it's inaccessable, lacks proper tutorial or a single player mode, has a haughty competitive scene and was struggling with performance until recently.

Oh, and Sketch and Felisc are scaring everyone away with their englishmaness and frenchmaness! That is the real culprit, yes!

Activated Node
    Well, had some friends over, otherwise me and another friend would've joined. Not that five's a crowd. :/

Network Hub
    I had one fuckoff rant of a reply to this post .. but reading back on it it was v angry :/

Suffice to say .. I'm pissed off with alot relating to RPS tbh .. but who cares.. I joined thursdays and sundays to play ns2 .. not other games in the most popular thread in our forum (apart from starting forum)

I play NS2 most nights (last week or so was a bit unusual because of stuff in work and my wifie getting closer to due date) .. join me if you see me ..

I'll probably be on server

[EU] RPSkulk Turtle Down

:P (its stopping and starting alot atm, trying to get hang of their admin)

which will vary from co to ns2 nights depending on moods/requests .. call it a vanity server, but I got it last night to get some feedback about my map from 'strangers'
    Last edited by balmark; 24-06-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Network Hub
    Kwis .. you beat a post I was gonna putup about gettin ppl back into rps with your 'its dead' post btw .. was getting server ready before mine .. meh

Sorry to have upset you balmark, it surely wasn't my intend. But I guess you just have to cope with people moving on and enjoying something different. I just tried to express that in a humorous fashion, I wasn't saying RPSkulk is dead forever, but it is pretty much in a coma right now. Just wait for the steam sale and we might be able to have some epic RPSkulk-only matches on your map!

Also, I see no reason not to make a thread about getting ppl back into the game, now that Balance Test is going live this week. It is awesome and makes the game so much more enjoyable if you ask me.

Activated Node
    i havent been around due to getting addicted to WoT and also joining a clan in said game, so most of my evenings are spent there. however, i shall try to join in on NS2 since i have overplayed WoT a bit. i also dont enjoy NS2 as much as i wish i did :P

EDIT, just re-read the post and noticed its quite confusing, i am to lazy to change it, if deciphering is needed i can assist :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I am fucking wasted and enjoying a homemade burger. I love you all and will play as long as we stick about. Right. Ok, need to sit down now.
    steam: sketch

Is really tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Oh, and Sketch and Felisc are scaring everyone away with their englishmaness and frenchmaness! That is the real culprit, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    I am fucking wasted and enjoying a homemade burger. I love you all and will play as long as we stick about. Right. Ok, need to sit down now.
    Love you Sketch!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just wasnt in the mood a lot and decided to piss off and play some dishonored(which is really good btw). Mostly on stealthy though, being a super killer is a little too easy.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Wow, sorry for throwing up in the corner everyone, I'll have my maid on that shortly.

Network Hub
    Our own little Hasslehoff ;D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Wow, sorry for throwing up in the corner everyone, I'll have my maid on that shortly.
    Please leave it, I still have to lunch!

Bread?

Activated Node
    Love you too, Sketch!

I do like the people in this group. The pro with keeping people coming by playing some other game is that people won't be as likely to slip away and forget about the game/the group. If they're temporarily bored of NS2 they might still join us on thursdays for other games, and maybe a month or so later join us for NS2. I think that's less likely to happen if we don't keep in contact.

I might still join you now and again, but I don't play very much anymore and I feel that everyone is so much better than me that it's almost not fun at all. Yeah, I should just get a bit more practice in and stop complaining, but it's no fun not contributing to the team and always die in duels

Also other games vying for my attention. Lately, started playing The Longest Journey. Awesome game, can't believe I missed it when it was new and hot.
    Steam: Alaeus

I'll still pop now and then for ns2 for sure. I'm having quite a videogame downtime sadly, and not as enthusiast with ns2 as I was before. Less playing means being a bit shit, and it's a game far less enjoyable when you're not making progress.
    I wouldn't say the group is dead, though. I'd love a mod where you fly outside the descent map with jetpacks and fade and shoot each other to bits in a death ballet with the stars as glorious background. What ? it could happen. or maybe not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Na, I crafted it yesterday, while chatting to you and waiting for WotR to download
    Consider Chivalry: Medieval Warfare also, I used to be in a clan and the general oppinion on this was that CMW was better then WotR, after the beta most of the members got quite cooled off about that.

Bread?

I really like playing with this group, but I'm not around much because of real world commitments sadly. That's just how life is

BTW, I've been meaning to get chivalry for a long time, could be worth chucking that into an odd night. Also I've been playing dota 2 but I think I'm worse at that than ns2, so the less said about that the better.
    Steam ID - Rammrool