Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar

Why The AV Turret Is Evil And Squad Beacon Fun.

But yeah, the AV turret is getting a nerf, nonetheless, I shall hop on later to be part of the unwashed masses who don't already use and abuse it.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 27-06-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Removed sentence that's no longer in context
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Half SC price with triple SC is super wintastic.

But yeah, the AV turret is getting a nerf, nonetheless, I shall hop on later to be part of the unwashed masses who don't already use and abuse it.
    People have been saying that since its release.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Rumours abound of triple SC for 4th July.

Full SC price with triple SC is cheaper than sale price.
    Full SC price with double SC is the same as sale price.
    Yeah, that's how I see it as well. Bring on the random SC sales on days of no particular importance!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    People have been saying that since its release.
    And now most people will have it, there'll be even more justified complaining and criticisms with it.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    it's as if they want to purge all vehicles from the game, lol.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Yeah. The major problem is its invisibility, I think. You don't even know they're there until you get hit from some random direction by some invisible projectile that takes half of your tank's hit points away.

One thing is for sure, they are no fun for those on the receiving end.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I really don't see this, I've been tanking quite a bit recently and I cannot remember the last time I was killed or even hit by one. Of course, that's probably going to change now its on sale.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_MGF View Post
    I really don't see this, I've been tanking quite a bit recently and I cannot remember the last time I was killed or even hit by one. Of course, that's probably going to change now its on sale.
    because they're apparently bugged sometimes and only deal damage 50% of the time. also, this is only one thing in a long line of things that made tanking shit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'm hopeful that the continent re-designs that come with the lattice will make tanking more viable in some places. Tanks and infantry should never be balanced in 1v1 situations (though that seems to be SoE's aim at the moment). I'd like to have expanses of Esamir that were total no go zones for infantry and base designs that meant any sensible tanker would stay well away. Then you get combined arms by having the armour to support infantry getting from base to base.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Yeah, I like your Ideas, Wally. Also would like to see redeployment be just a little harder, so that actually moving across the map becomes a thing. It's become mostly redundant now with 75 second spawn beacons and 5 minute squad deploys, meaning an organised force can nearly always be able to drop a whole squad in pods anywhere on the map in the span of less than a minute.

I liked the good old times when we all loaded up in Sunderers and actually drove places...

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, I like your Ideas, Wally. Also would like to see redeployment be just a little harder, so that actually moving across the map becomes a thing. It's become mostly redundant now with 75 second spawn beacons and 5 minute squad deploys, meaning an organised force can nearly always be able to drop a whole squad in pods anywhere on the map in the span of less than a minute.

I liked the good old times when we all loaded up in Sunderers and actually drove places...
    Indeed. Spawn beacons and squad deploy should have longer cooldowns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Not to be a total bollocks, but lads, please stop discussing every aspect of the game in every thread. This thread is "Thread: Station Cash Offers - The Organisation of a Ping." - not "Planetside 2 Rockpaper Forum thread 382743 - lets talk about spawn beacons and how vehicles are so weak".

Quote Originally Posted by The First Post
    Station Cash Offers - The Organisation of a Ping.
    REPLY TO THIS THREAD FOR IMPORTANT SALES!

I will get notified immediately, and put them up as stickies.

This goes: important guns, important SC sales, boosts.

I am cleaning up this thread to make it easier to navigate.
    So yeah, AV turret is great atm, it might not be in the future cause SOE. Buy it if you've the cash and think you'll enjoy it and find yourself playing engineer a lot. Always remember you can trial before you buy.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

please keep your seriously annoying discussions about why the av turret is evil and other things out of the ping thread.

//annoyedquanta (though not necessarily anything to do with you guys)
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Now that this has its own thread Id like to point out that ive owned that fuckin thing since it came out and I think its about as OP as a butter knife. I never hit anything with it so it must need some skill to use, its got about 45 degrees of range and I often get sniped before I even pull the trigger. En masse theyre deadly but so are pistols.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm the same as Jag.

I'm probably using it wrong, I've been killed by it more times than I've killed with it certainly, but each time I'm killed by it, I know it was my own fault because I made myself an easy target (or someone else did by running into me).

I'm pretty terrible at aiming the thing, adjusting for any movement by the vehicle and I'm usually dead before I get to use it more than once or twice.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Positioning's everything. Find the right place, drop the dpi right down on your mouse, and you become an unstoppable beast. I'm particularly good with it (as I assume most are) in northeastern Indar, conveniently where we were fighting last night. Was taking down Gals and Libs galore with it.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I think its mostly depth perception I struggle with. I can quickfire a lancer at a strafing mozzy like nobodies business but just cant gauge where that av rocket is in relation to a vehicle beyond 50m.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Aye, that's impossible. If a vehicle is moving too fast you need to be at a different elevation to stand much chance of hitting them thanks to the height of the turret itself. Other than that, just make sure the "crosshair"/dot is on top of the vehicle, you shouldn't really need to lead much at all. It'll find its way.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

I'm pretty good with it. Sometimes I can even ping airborne fast movers. Get a feel for how fast the rocket travels and use its motor flare to guide it. The dot lies.

The dot is a lie.