Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm wondering if people are exchanging Steam Wallet Credit between accounts - like the multi-million-coin items I used to list in the WoW AH to get money to my alts on the other faction :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    For some odd reason, the booster pack of 3 random CoH2 cards costs more than all 7 put together.
    Foil speculation. There's a chance one of the cards, or maybe even several! (yeah right) will be a foil.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The reason a booster costs more than the cards is that it has a chance of dropping foils...

Activated Node
    FYI, seems they've fixed the card-not-dropping bug according to feedback on the Steam trading card forum.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    There's a long-standing bug in the Market whereby your listing get 'lost' - they still appear to be listed in the Market on your home screen but if you check the items, your listing isn't visible.
    Are you sure you're looking at it correctly? The price that appears in your Market home screen is what you'll receive after Steam takes a cut, but the price you have to look for is higher. So if you wanna earn 45 cents selling a card, that card will be in the 52-53 cent area.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    Are you sure you're looking at it correctly? The price that appears in your Market home screen is what you'll receive after Steam takes a cut, but the price you have to look for is higher. So if you wanna earn 45 cents selling a card, that card will be in the 52-53 cent area.
    No, that's definitely a real bug, I've seen it myself - is not listed *anywhere* and you have to re-list.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerothorn View Post
    No, that's definitely a real bug, I've seen it myself - is not listed *anywhere* and you have to re-list.
    Yeah - I've doubled checked this many times, some listings just 'disappear' so you need to check your listings frequently...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I am not sure if it is just my end (my Steam doesn' seem to be connecting properly), but I might know the secret to the weird sale listing issue:

Yesterday, I put a few duplicate cards up for sale AND the "lugermorph" spy pistol I got from Sam&Max. The former were under a buck each but the latter was going for something like 18 dollars (why, I do not understand, but it gave me an excuse to pick up the other FTL cards for "free" to make sure I crafted a badge before the mysterious card has a purpose). But when I checked today, it listed the Portal 2 card as having sold for the price of the lugermorph and vice versa, which might be what is skewing the numbers.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Eek ... now I got one of those dreaded things, too. Just out of curiosity, where do you even see what's been listed and so on?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Eek ... now I got one of those dreaded things, too. Just out of curiosity, where do you even see what's been listed and so on?
    In the Steam Market (Community Tab in Steam)

I noticed something quite depressing yesterday. You'll notice you get a badge related to the size of your Steam collection? It comes in varieties based on size-bands (upto 50/100/500 or whatever it is) and I'd assumed the XP you got related to the band.

WRONG! You actually get XP for EVERY STEAM GAME YOU OWN. I'm not 100% sure if it varies depending on the game, whether some games are just excluded or if it's actually a fraction of a percentage-point per game (around .75 by my quick maths on just 3 accounts) but either way, it just made bundles more interesting to people!? :)

I really don't care for this card madness... So i am trying to sell mine. Just sold one for 0.49€ so far... I am a lousy merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Network Hub

I noticed something quite depressing yesterday. You'll notice you get a badge related to the size of your Steam collection? It comes in varieties based on size-bands (upto 50/100/500 or whatever it is) and I'd assumed the XP you got related to the band.

WRONG! You actually get XP for EVERY STEAM GAME YOU OWN. I'm not 100% sure if it varies depending on the game, whether some games are just excluded or if it's actually a fraction of a percentage-point per game (around .75 by my quick maths on just 3 accounts) but either way, it just made bundles more interesting to people!? :)
    OK, maybe I just have too much faith in humanity, but do you really see someone buying a bundle instead of just the game they want, only to get a minimal amount of xp in a meta-game?

Now that I think about it, the answer will surely disappoint me.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Well, duh. I found it at last but it hasn't exactly been the first place I went looking for. I find it also a bit baffling that there's no way to get from your inventory to the corresponding market page of an item without manually searching for it. Or did I just overlook that as well? Thanks anyway!

On a happier note, my first 4 trading cards seem to be worth 0,65 - 0,70 . That could actually pay off half the game - I'm alright with that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I played Borderlands 2 for like 10 minutes, earned a foil card and sold it for 2.5 Euros.
    Who are the idiots buying these things?...

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I played Borderlands 2 for like 10 minutes, earned a foil card and sold it for 2.5 Euros.
    Indeed. The only reason I've let games idle is to get the cards and sell them to have a bit extra steam wallet credit during the Steam Summer Sale (college student syndrome). Only 1 foil out of 50 or so cards, but $25 is not bad to have extra. No idea why people are putting down actual money to buy these things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Yup, I've been idling games in the background while I work for the last couple of days and listing stuff as it comes in, and have made about $14 off of rubes who think imaginary trading cards are worth real money. It's kind of amazing.

Part of me thinks that I shouldn't take advantage of the trading card system because I really don't need more incentives to buy games on Steam, but really, who am I kidding? I'm not going to stop buying Steam games altogether, so I might as well put those CPU cycles to work on generating Steam bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Part of me thinks that I shouldn't take advantage of the trading card system because I really don't need more incentives to buy games on Steam, but really, who am I kidding? I'm not going to stop buying Steam games altogether, so I might as well put those CPU cycles to work on generating Steam bucks.
    Yup.

The whole thing is particularly insidious on Steam's end, when you think about it, because they actually make more money off your game purchases this way. They get their usual 30% cut of the sale (that credit came, originally, from people spending real money on colored pixels) and a 5% cut of that same money again from your trading fees.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Yup, I've been idling games in the background while I work for the last couple of days and listing stuff as it comes in, and have made about $14 off of rubes who think imaginary trading cards are worth real money. It's kind of amazing.
    To be fair, if you spend those $14, you're not necessarily spending real money - you certainly can't convert it to such - so why would you assume they are?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    To be fair, if you spend those $14, you're not necessarily spending real money - you certainly can't convert it to such - so why would you assume they are?
    Real money has to have entered the system somewhere to have generated that credit in the first place. Maybe they aren't the ones that put it in there, but someone did.