Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    This is just astonishingly poor and outdated design. Why would you give an MMO - an MMO! - mechanics which make you want to *avoid* other players?
    Given how little of the game involves other players - it would be sad if it were true but I've not seen anything like that yet - thankfully.

Given the crazy respawn rate in some areas - I'm almost glad other people ARE around. I got 2 of the Helms Elite Hunt mobs earlier, along with 2 groups of Warlocks and some Imps - that was fun

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Here's a big problem - people are speedrunning and farming the foundry adventures until the average completion time hits less than 15 minutes. When that happens, the adventure is no longer eligible for the Astral foundry reward. And if you're the creator, you want your adventure to be eligible because it helps encourage people to try it in the first place. Some creators have caught on and are now timing their content to make sure it can't be completed in less than 15 minutes. This often means padding.
    I'm working on the first scene of my own adventure, in which the player can talk to everyone in a bar. But because dialogue is easily skipped (and much of my dialogue is optional anyway), a couple of weeks working on that is only going to add maybe 15 seconds to my total time.

Two weeks. For 15 seconds. Jesus christ. No wonder everyone is doing hack & slash dungeon crawlers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd wondered about the Foundry eligibility thing - it's not that I want a 'quick fix' but that I find committing to something I cannot save part-way-through and which lasts more than 30 mins is prone be being left unfinished.

I tend to use the Foundry as 'combat training' rather than adventure tbh. I use the remake of WoW's Stockade to test my skills because it's prone to loads of adds and takes place in a very confined space (and there's no way you'll clear it under 15 mins - ever!!)

On other issues - the issue of AFKers in PvP and the fact emptied slots are left unfullfilled was highlighted to me last night in 2 quick games.

Game 1 - we are 4 against 5 and despite this, we run them to within 80pts - losing 920:1000!!

Game 2 - we are 5 against their 3, we take all 3 flags and pin them into their respawn area until we win 1000:66

The first game was more fun - neither game should really have taken place, however.

I also smashed my head in that fucking dragon again yesterday - that I'm not permitted to queue for it after 35 is ridiculous given that being much below that means you've zero chance of beating it.

As a cleric, I had no issue keeping people up OTHER than myself, because the ground was basically 'all red' and the dragon's health was barely moving...

They need to fix that pronto
    Last edited by trjp; 21-05-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I also smashed my head in that fucking dragon again yesterday - that I'm not permitted to queue for it after 35 is ridiculous given that being much below that means you've zero chance of beating it.

As a cleric, I had no issue keeping people up OTHER than myself, because the ground was basically 'all red' and the dragon's health was barely moving...
    Rubbish quest. Do people really find these endless HP bosses fun? I just wasted an hour and a half of my life. I wanted to quit long before that but the party were counting on me. Then after we die twice, the leader invites me to his guild, and says we're gonna' resupply and meet back in an hour. Fuck off.

Obscure Node
    From here: http://mmogfails.blogspot.co.uk/

1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss and server rollbacks were about. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. The funny thing is, their rollback did nothing; as I knew of people with early access that were already taking advantage of this ridiculous feat of programming.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in. It also still works for some quests as confirmed by Tault Unleashed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy.

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well. It is completely undetectable due to Neverwinter's faulty code. The same bot has been use in Cryptic's other games for years.

8 - TR DC bug - This was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting. Once again undetecable by Crytpic's games.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through it! It gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

13 - Dungeon exploits - There are plenty of ways to exploit dungeons to severely shorten the time required to beat them. Reaching the end boss can be cut down from 45+ minutes, to less than 5.

14 - Boss exploits - Easily kill dungeon bosses over and over for loot and seals, then reset them and do it again.

15 - There is another armor set bug which gives everyone in the party stats that are above and beyond what you can get without cheating.

16 - Diamond chest exploit - Sometimes the chest received from statue turn ins did not disappear after use, meaning it could be used 20+ more times before it went away. This bug is STILL in the game.
    Last edited by Flappybat; 22-05-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Rubbish quest. Do people really find these endless HP bosses fun? I just wasted an hour and a half of my life. I wanted to quit long before that but the party were counting on me. Then after we die twice, the leader invites me to his guild, and says we're gonna' resupply and meet back in an hour. Fuck off.
    I tend to get that feeling too - some of the encounters aren't too bad but some are just clearly "endless HP borefests" and there comes a time you just can't be bothered with it.

It's not even like a really organised team can beat it with skill - it comes down to a bit of organisation in the tanks rounding-up and targetting the most harmful mobs and MASSIVE FIREPOWER to kill them.

That my only dragon kill was in a group which had no Cleric (e.g. we potted it) says much about that encounter, the 5th 'firepower' was all it took to tip that into a win.

As a cleric I actually ran it once in 'dps' setup and we did better than we did with me healing (tho one person complained they were eating a tonne of pots - and then everyone else said 'yeah and...")

Quote Originally Posted by Flappybat View Post
    That is some sad reading right there. The infinite stamina exploit should never exist in an online game, if you can manipulate in-game values on the client-side, there's no telling what exploits you can create. Any decent programmer should know this. Cryptic is failing to keep up with the number of exploits and might cost this otherwise good game its reputation.

As a cleric I actually ran it once in 'dps' setup and we did better than we did with me healing (tho one person complained they were eating a tonne of pots - and then everyone else said 'yeah and...")
    Not like there's anything else to spend the money on. There's the five companions, a horse, some proffession items, and the kits. Once the first two are done, the cash really piles up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Not like there's anything else to spend the money on. There's the five companions, a horse, some proffession items, and the kits. Once the first two are done, the cash really piles up.
    I'm now noting more and more people avoiding clerics for dungeon groups - I did a PUG Idris earlier, some fucker dropped-out halfway through and so by the time we reached her we were 4 man and 2 of those were clerics!

Despite dealing with everything else up the end with no real issues, the last pull brings about half the dungeon and we died near instantly - I'm more and more convinced that there's NO design and testing in these encounters at all, they're just throwing in stuff and waiting for people to complain about it loudly enough (which I'll be doing by not spending any money on their game).

I assumed, early on, that the LFG tool not trying to class-match groups (to ensure a tank and healer at least) was down to the game being open about this - but it's clearly just them being too lazy to do it or admitting that it's really a 'firepower firepower firepower' thing.

I rolled a cleric because I like running groups - but it's really pointless, I may as well return to my OP control wizard - as those endlessly repeating stupid NPCs often say (several times a second)

"A smart fighter quits whilst he's ahead"
    Last edited by trjp; 23-05-2013 at 01:36 PM.

I'm now noting more and more people avoiding clerics for dungeon groups - I did a PUG Idris earlier, some fucker dropped-out halfway through and so by the time we reached her we were 4 man and 2 of those were clerics!
    The LFG system's frequent inability to replace dropped players is really annoying, you might be half way through with no way to invite friends/guildies. I managed to kill epic Idris in a 4-man PUG once tho, the last 30% we were only two players alive, but somehow managed to stay alive, about the most adrenaline this game managed to squeeze out of me so far

I haven't seen any widespread cleric avoidance so far, in fact a lot of T2 dungeon groups seems to prefer 2-cleric setups for the insane stackable Astral Shield, which is quite possibly getting nerfed..

So this game that I like is being eaten up by bugs. Previously mentioned blog now says that TR's Stealth and DC's Divinity are client-side, meaning they can be kept at 100% nearly constantly, and the blog owner claims his rogue can now stealth past all thrash and solo final bosses.

What's so new about such bugs? In the vanilla times we soloed dungeons as warlocks. Kids deseases like allways I'd say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Lupus View Post
    What's so new about such bugs? In the vanilla times we soloed dungeons as warlocks. Kids deseases like allways I'd say.
    Games like WoW have always locked-down stuff like this - but Cryptic don't seem too worried about hackers RIGHT until their game is actually destroyed by them (which of course happened earlier this week).

I've noticed a few glitches with Divinity and assumed it was client side - when the server is wobbly I'll often get to cast on it more than I should - I've also noticed that Dailies are often reusable in similar circumstances so I suspect the entire 'power' side of the UI is running client-side and so open to hacking (unlimited Dailies = finish the game any time you like solo!?)

Worth bearing in mind this is what the WoW 'Warden' is watching you for - it's not all bad.

Games like WoW have always locked-down stuff like this - but Cryptic don't seem too worried about hackers RIGHT until their game is actually destroyed by them (which of course happened earlier this week).
    I played WoW from the open beta and onward and I can't recall exploits of this magnitude ever becoming widespread. Sure there were stuff like Corrupted Blood, but that was simply just annoying (and a bit funny). One huge difference in the impact of exploits in F2P games is of course how they can ruin an economy linked to real money, that's a whole other problem than just skewing in-game currencies.

I've noticed a few glitches with Divinity and assumed it was client side - when the server is wobbly I'll often get to cast on it more than I should - I've also noticed that Dailies are often reusable in similar circumstances so I suspect the entire 'power' side of the UI is running client-side and so open to hacking (unlimited Dailies = finish the game any time you like solo!?)

Worth bearing in mind this is what the WoW 'Warden' is watching you for - it's not all bad.
    Apparently the client side powers where somewhat patched yesterday, but still exploitable to some degree. And the cheating can probably still go virtually undetected since Neverwinter's version of Warden is only scanning for 32-bit executables, not 64-bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There are far bigger issues than someone cheating which really once advances their own cause ofc - the queuing thing and dungeon limits are really chewing me off atm

By the time I'm high enough level to contemplate a dungeon I'm within 2 levels of being kicked-out of the queue for being too-high for it - but people are more and more resorting to hand-making groups through chat which is clumsy and annoying but gives you a BIT more scope when it comes to replacing people who leave at least.

Problem is, they have fairly fixed ideas on what makes a good group - some folks don't want clerics at all, others stand around for hours waiting for Guardians - some will fill a group with their mates (4 Control Wizards and you) and so on.

The difficulty aspect of the game is just plain odd too -it goes from 'relatively easy so long as you don't screw up' to 'jesus WHAT!" pretty much without warning...

Network Hub
    Yeh I made about 80% of my foundry mission then got annoyed at how restrictive some bits of it were (its been awhile some of this might have been fixed)...

-Why can't I invite some friends to come test it with their characters?
    -Why can't I say "no, lvl 10's and below simply can't enter this its meant to be an epic quest through the deepest darkest places."
    -(Back when I was doing this I couldn't even add a boss, it just had to be a big guy with lots of adds).
    -Why can't I add my own "DM" style voice over triggered from bits and bobs ("You enter the room to see the Gnoll eating the corpse of a Goblin" etc...

And then I got bored because of whats already been mentioned, the dungeons are stupid, every boss fight is the same with a different skin on the boss (at least 90% of bosses are "lol I spawn adds", the only difference is "should we deal with the adds or burst the boss down") and then when you get out of the dungeon your over leveled for the area your in and its super boring, do it the other way around and you can't get in the dungeon because your "over leveled".

Also I really felt like another 2 power slots specifically for spells taken from the D&D 4e Utility powers would have been welcome, just to spice it all up a bit; for a game taking its powers from D&D its sure got a lot of wishy washy "meh" powers in there, which D&D puts some great powers in in your characters hands.