Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Hub

Cool DotA2 Team - SSMB

Hi guys,

We're setting up an amateur team for DotA2, it'll be for fairly regular play, TMM and even some fun in amateur tourni's.

Currently our roster is:

-DenieD (Me)
    -Oshid
    -Madjid
    -Ineptie
    -Soup(aka SpecialSoup, also known as the guy thats a great clockwork player but can't use the ulti :P)
    -Thudaron

The team name is "Slark Stole My Bicycle".

We're currently in the group stages of the AbsoluteBedlam Dota tourni. We're after 1-2 more members, initially as substitutes however there is every possibility for that to change as with us being casual getting everyone together regularly can be difficult, substitutes will get chances to play basically.

We try to meet every Tuesday or Thursday night (one or the other usually) for some practise (around 9pm UK time), TMM and scrims vs other teams and on weekends when possible.

The skill level of our lineup I would say is medium to high for a casual team but we need alot of work on coordination and strategies, this definitely isn't a team for someone looking to walk in and stomp pubs.

We'll probably trial people by playing with them for a bit first however if interest is high we'll setup some team games and spectate to watch people... tactics we can all learn together but a general understanding of the game is of course required.

If your interested please drop me a PM on here and I'll get something organised.
    Last edited by DenieD; 07-02-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Network Hub
    You can't loose with Coccyx on your side <3
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    You can't loose with Coccyx on your side <3

Thats the plan lol

Network Hub
    Still need 2 sub / mains. Probably need a mid or offlaner most.

Hi, I'm new. Looking for people to play with basically, maybe I can scrim with you guys or something? Only played co-op so far, so sounds like not the skill level you want on your team, but thought I'd say hi anyway.

Network Hub
    Hi rub,

Always happy to play with people but I think your probably right about the tourni's and stuff being over your head if your new. I would whole heartedly recommend the RPS Dota group for getting games with nice people though (I keep meaning to join! DOH!), they also have a guild in game so easy to get games that way too.

However yeh, add me on Steam and if I can I'll have a game with you

Obscure Node
    May I enquire if there are any requirements such as games played or Length of time playing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Amateur? When are we forming an intermediate team to play every day and get semipro?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Amateur? When are we forming an intermediate team to play every day and get semipro?
    It depends on your definition. Technically I could call myself 'semi-pro' in the way I have competed in tournaments where a prize pool was available.

At the same time I have nowhere near the experience or skill level to call myself anything more than amateur.

IMO a team shouldn't be calling themselves semi-pro until they're ready to compete at LANs.
    Last edited by SpecialSoup; 06-02-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Network Hub
    Hi hi,

No limits on games played etc but theres a lvl of skill needed, we'd find that out by playing with you ofc... I would suggest though if your new or not very experienced that the RPS group takes all comers and its a good place to get tips and help etc

Network Hub
    Pakoito, I've seen you around on here alot, we should get a game sometime

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Pakoito, I've seen you around on here alot, we should get a game sometime
    Just add me, my nick is the same everywhere. I am usually around 7pm and 10pm depending on social events

I am not the best, suck at a lot of heroes, but the support spirit carries on with me.

Network Hub
    Just add me, my nick is the same everywhere. I am usually around 7pm and 10pm depending on social events

I am not the best, suck at a lot of heroes, but the support spirit carries on with me.
    I can't remember if I've added you or not yet, I'm terrible sorry lol.

In other news, I've handed captain status over to Oshid, he's a much better captain than me and it means I can relax and become less ragey which is really helping my game. We've also found a new guy called Thudaron, really solid player.

Network Hub
    I can't remember if I've added you or not yet, I'm terrible sorry lol.

In other news, I've handed captain status over to Oshid, he's a much better captain than me and it means I can relax and become less ragey which is really helping my game. We've also found a new guy called Thudaron, really solid player.

We have played with Pakoito yes. It was 5 months ago... jesus. I thought it was just a few weeks ago. It's scary to think how fast time goes.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    We have played with Pakoito yes. It was 5 months ago... jesus. I thought it was just a few weeks ago. It's scary to think how fast time goes.
    Were you still in your Morphling support stage?
    If so, that explains why I don't remember it... that period of my life has been erased from my memory, its just too painful.

Network Hub
    Were you still in your Morphling support stage?
    If so, that explains why I don't remember it... that period of my life has been erased from my memory, its just too painful.
    No that was November.

I won 4 out of 5 support morphling games.

http://dotabuff.com/players/25544429...atch_type=real
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    No that was November.

I won 4 out of 5 support morphling games.

http://dotabuff.com/players/25544429...atch_type=real
    Coincidently I just made a post about that on the news section of our team website!
    http://ssmb.enjin.com/#

So, [Invalid Team Name] are due to play you guys.

Meg, who should I be talking to?

Network Hub
    The NA tournament seems to be running a losers bracket and they have less teams so hopefully EU will be doing too
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeh View Post
    So, [Invalid Team Name] are due to play you guys.

Meg, who should I be talking to?
    Hey hey, Oshid is our captain, he's in the Skype group Tom invited you into (I think he dropped you in on Friday).