Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've dropped Oshid a mail anyway, and I'll boot Skype (I don't generally as nobody I play with regularly uses it) tonight.

Been chatting to Tom about the match; Can see it swinging either way depending on bans and style, so should be interesting!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeh View Post
    I've dropped Oshid a mail anyway, and I'll boot Skype (I don't generally as nobody I play with regularly uses it) tonight.

Been chatting to Tom about the match; Can see it swinging either way depending on bans and style, so should be interesting!
    pls don't ban Mirana it's the only hero I can play
    I'll Sproink you out m8

If Mirana doesn't get banned by us, it's because we're picking first, and intend to take the bitch.

Network Hub
    If Mirana doesn't get banned by us, it's because we're picking first, and intend to take the bitch.
    My Mirana, GTFO her :P

Its also not fair that you haven't got a hero name in your team name... how do we know what to ban now?!

Yeah, er... our new team name is [Please Don't Ban Meepo].

HOPE YOU DON'T WORK OUT OUR TACTICS.

Network Hub
    Yeah, er... our new team name is [Please Don't Ban Meepo].

HOPE YOU DON'T WORK OUT OUR TACTICS.
    Ha! Meepo shall be banned first! (TBH the winner of our game gets PlusHunters2.0... they will ban Meepo first so there is that...).

Network Hub
    So it looks like we might be playing Shockeh's team again, maybe.

Plushunters are not a team to be taken lightly... they beat us 2-0 with some really confident and impressive (at times over confident) dota.

Really enjoyed the two games against Shockeh's team, the second game was really entertaining and I think you guys had two standins? so if we meet again it should be a close match.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    So it looks like we might be playing Shockeh's team again, maybe.
    I thought they had to play MLJ or something first? Otherwise what happens to MLJ and how does the winner of a game have to play more games than the loser of a game? lol

I loved the first 2 games, I'd love to scrim against them soon, really close game that second one.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    I thought they had to play MLJ or something first? Otherwise what happens to MLJ and how does the winner of a game have to play more games than the loser of a game? lol

I loved the first 2 games, I'd love to scrim against them soon, really close game that second one.
    MLJ vs Invalid team name, loser drops out, winner plays us.

Whoever wins the next game will go into the losers backet final, then onto the EU final.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    MLJ vs Invalid team name, loser drops out, winner plays us.

Whoever wins the next game will go into the losers backet final, then onto the EU final.
    I'm not 100% sure the losers bracket goes back up to the winners final you know.

Network Hub
    I'll be disappointed if it doesn't but whichever team wins out of +hunters and dog's team is very likely to go through anyway.

Looking at the updated brackets (http://battlefy.com/absolutebedlamdo...019/stage/1461) apparantley we're playing Shockeh's team again and MLJ are through to the next round already which is really silly seeing as we've played two games and those two have only played one.

Personally I don't mind as it means we might get to play MLJ again but it seems the wrong way around really, I think ITN should be playing MLJ first.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Yeah, we did - Madjid is obviously well known to you guys (as he plays with both teams a lot individually, but not as a team) but the other guy (Froob) had literally never played with us; We just grabbed someone from Friends and had to chuck him in the deep end.

Little disappointing really; Felt like I gave both Osh and DenieD a run for their money in Mid, but we just didn't have any communication so it was always going to end one way.

The first game though was pure out-picked, and absolutely fair play to SSMB on that! We just couldn't shut down Krobelus quickly enough to win anything.

E: I probably need to stop playing so much of Phoenix/Earth Spirit, seeing as they're both not in CM. I have a feeling Phoenix might actually be broken good; People just do not realise how much damage her DoT's are kicking out until they're well on the way to dying, and she's entirely predicated on whether you can tag people with Fire Spirits, especially just before Supernova.

Phoenix is indeed a lot of fun, and I think people underestimate those fire spirits.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    Phoenix is indeed a lot of fun, and I think people underestimate those fire spirits.
    I think one of the biggest problems with Phx is that if a player doesn't understand the hero right its probably the easiest character to feed with in game, it has a self delivery mechanism and the ulti is a giant "free kill" if its used wrong.

In the right hands Phx can be quite devastating though.

I'm speaking as a casual player (~270 games in 18 months, the rest are bots), but I think the best part of his ult is that it forces most enemy teams to make a unified decision. If they aren't together in that decision, even better. If only one or two try to destroy the orb, you have two easy targets. If they scatter, they scatter to your chasing benefit. Like you said, you give your life away too easily if you choose a poor time for it, but I think that's part of what makes Phoenix a interesting hero to have in the game.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 13-03-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Network Hub
    Totally totally but also it can be used in very smart ways in conjunction with blink or icarus dive, if you dive up to a bit of the map unreachable by melee (ward spots etc...) or you dive into an awkward set of trees next to the fight you can make it very difficult or impossible even to stop your ulti going off. Now its a 1000 unit AoE so if your well positioned it can be truly horrific for a team fight. He also works well in conjunction with other Wombo ulti's, stuff like RP, Blackhole, Ravage, even Axe's call with a blink dagger... people converge to kill the Phx egg and present a perfect target. (With Blackhole if you start it as the Blackhole goes off you'll do huge dmg from the dot and also guarantee the stun at the end).

It's probably worth noting that on average, any two heroes (as long as it's not like, CM/Lina) can kill a L1 Phoenix Egg without IAS. (You can expect it to scale with the ranks of the Ult as people get IAS anyway) - So you really need to tag some people with your W before you start Supernova, or you're probably a fairly free kill for them.

they don't actually NEED to make a unified decision, and you generally need to be hitting them with W on the Swoop in before you R.