Like Doom? System Shock? Dead Space? Check this out!

CDF Ghostship - 1st person/3rd person sci-fi shooter/survival horror!

Single & Multi-player!

5 Game Modes (One is free roaming)

New AI system (navmesh and pathnode free!) - A challenge!

Co-Op Survival/horde mode

This game has been made by 1 person for 6 months! and now I have A programmer joined the project!

This game needs your help - Please share or back our kickstarter Fund!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...sci-fi-shooter

Your help and feedback are very much appreciated :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Some feedback after watching part of the video.

The arena shooter thing at the start looks kinda dull. There's no fear in a game like that if you can run backwards at the same speed as running forwards. You just end up killing most things before they can get in range and there's no penalty for doing it.

I do like that you can go into 3rd person mode and that you can adjust the camera to be where ever you want. That's a nice feature that a lot of people will appreciate instead of the camera being fixed over one shoulder.

The lighting is ok. Some is good, some is bad. Example of a bad one is again the arena at the start. There's too much light and even in the shadows the monsters seem pretty visible. It looked like they flash when hit? The corridor around the five minute mark with the flashing red lights looked good. Then it kept going and there was a bit too much flashing red lights. And going back to running backwards, again in that corridor you can just kite away from the monsters.

Finally I can't really say much about the monsters, I didn't see a whole lot of them, which I know is one of the traditional rules of horror, but even at that they don't look very intimidating at all. Most of them looked like big moles.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

The Ghostship Alpha is released! check it out, Videos don't do the alpha justice!

www.cdfghostship.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Some feedback after watching part of the video.

The arena shooter thing at the start looks kinda dull. There's no fear in a game like that if you can run backwards at the same speed as running forwards. You just end up killing most things before they can get in range and there's no penalty for doing it.

I do like that you can go into 3rd person mode and that you can adjust the camera to be where ever you want. That's a nice feature that a lot of people will appreciate instead of the camera being fixed over one shoulder.

The lighting is ok. Some is good, some is bad. Example of a bad one is again the arena at the start. There's too much light and even in the shadows the monsters seem pretty visible. It looked like they flash when hit? The corridor around the five minute mark with the flashing red lights looked good. Then it kept going and there was a bit too much flashing red lights. And going back to running backwards, again in that corridor you can just kite away from the monsters.

Finally I can't really say much about the monsters, I didn't see a whole lot of them, which I know is one of the traditional rules of horror, but even at that they don't look very intimidating at all. Most of them looked like big moles.
    its come a long way since, I we have been greenlit :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Seems very action focused. Looks very nice though, all the best with the project :)

Its been a while so we will give you guys (and girls) an update.

We have almost finished Ghostship Aftermath which is our first release.

This is a survival horror game (made in VR Virtual reality - Oculus Rift) and for none VR pc`s.

Here is some game-play

And our second release:

CDF Ghostship (our second game) is due for Halloween 2014 and is an action packed first person shooter. We have made many changes and virtually changed the whole game since we released an alpha a year ago! We now have vastly improved AI, all new aliens, graphics, sound and solid gameplay. Here is how it is looking now

This is the onslaught mode (survival wave based) The story mode is free roaming and there will also be multiplayer.