Network Hub

How the heck do I buy Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

It's not on steam. It's not on gamersgate. It's not on gog.com. It's not on the remains of direct2drive that is now called gamefly. When I go to the website of the game itself, there isn't even a link there to buy the game.
    How the heck can I buy this?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Last edited by Nalano; 27-07-2013 at 02:47 AM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Alternatively, Amazon, Play.com, GAME, etcetera.

It can be hard to remember that there exist shops outside digital distribution.

That is strange. If they've got all their games on xbox.com why do they even bother keeping multiple incomplete sections on PC and xbox games on the Microsoft store? It's by no means abandoned; Skyrim Legendary Edition is there, plus multiple unreleased games.
    Last edited by LTK; 27-07-2013 at 03:03 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    That is strange. If they've got all their games on xbox.com why do they even bother keeping multiple incomplete sections on PC and xbox games on the Microsoft store? It's by no means abandoned; Skyrim Legendary Edition is there, plus multiple unreleased games.
    Left hand is unaware of right hand.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Weird. The last place I'd go to look for a PC game is on the xbox site =/
    But I completely forgot to check Amazon... thanks for the link. I guess they will ship me a physical disc? Man it's been almost 10 years since I've bought a game that's on a disc...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am afraid you are mostly relegated to a physical disc. To be fair Microsoft isnt much on any of the digital distribution services. Imagine if they put up their full backlog on those..
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Network Hub

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcooper View Post
    When I google it, the first three hits all lead to the game's official website. Bizarrely, it does not have a link to purchase the game anywhere.
    The next two links are wikipedia.
    And then the rest are youtube videos.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarxe View Post
    When I google it, the first three hits all lead to the game's official website. Bizarrely, it does not have a link to purchase the game anywhere.
    The next two links are wikipedia.
    And then the rest are youtube videos.
    Weird, the first five all lead to places the game can be bought for me.

Network Hub
    Searching from Canada leads to different results than searching from the UK.
    And not to mention that if you allow google to track your searching history then your results will be more customized to your own habits.
    I use a browser that never keeps any cookies nor allows any websites to track me, and I don't sign into google either, so what I get when I search are the "clean" results.

Here is what I see if you don't believe:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psc706c9f8.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Indeed, its frustrating and its called a filter bubble. Unfortunately Google and most other search engines do it without you asking for it. I use duckduckgo(.com) as my search engine and I've heard of different projects that do similar things.

Bread?

Network Hub
    Hah, the amazon link is #3 when searching with duckduckgo. Thanks for recommending this one, I didn't know about it before!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarxe View Post
    Hah, the amazon link is #3 when searching with duckduckgo. Thanks for recommending this one, I didn't know about it before!
    Anytime, also if you DO want to do a google search use '!g searchtermhere', or !i for images. They call it the bang syntax. It sends you to a non localized(google.com) link, and I think the search bubble is sort of removed/limited via that link but I could be wrong.

Bread?

It uses encrypted.google.com. You can read about that here. It is localised, but it doesn't seem to log your searches for personalisation.

I use DuckDuckGo anyway, it's just as good in 90% of the cases.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    It uses encrypted.google.com. You can read about that here. It is localised, but it doesn't seem to log your searches for personalisation.

I use DuckDuckGo anyway, it's just as good in 90% of the cases.
    aah, well for me it seems to disregard anything in my own language unless specificly searched for. Hence why I drew that conclusion.

Bread?