Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Sory but games have evolved,you can't just point at someones face and expect to win,strategy is needed and if that means pause system or turn based gameplay,i don't mind it at all.
    That's not really Syndicate though, were the extent of "none gun in face" solutions was the Persuadatron, which happened to be a gun. Plenty of other games offer strategy, pause systems and turn based gameplay... Why do they have to change the Syndicate formula with these things? They don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    That's not really Syndicate though, were the extent of "none gun in face" solutions was the Persuadatron, which happened to be a gun. Plenty of other games offer strategy, pause systems and turn based gameplay... Why do they have to change the Syndicate formula with these things? They don't.
    Perhaps becasue Syndicate was already made a while ago and this is a new game that aims to build off of it's legacy while still being it's own, unique thing?

There is a fine line between building off the legacy and building of the popularity of the legacy, off course.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    Perhaps becasue Syndicate was already made a while ago and this is a new game that aims to build off of it's legacy while still being it's own, unique thing?
    The more I've looked at it and thought about it, it actually sounds quite good... as its own thing, the free form, open world approach, but with a heavy flavour of Syndicate. My reaction above was for it being a new Syndicate game. For me, that has to tick certain boxes and not tick others.
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    The more I've looked at it and thought about it, it actually sounds quite good... as its own thing, the free form, open world approach, but with a heavy flavour of Syndicate. My reaction above was for it being a new Syndicate game. For me, that has to tick certain boxes and not tick others.
    It sounds cool, but I'm super skeptical they'll pull it off. They aren't asking for much and they aren't saying that much, either. I'm sure it will be pretty, at least. That much is clear. I'd want a review/preview of exactly how well the open world machinery fits together before I'd consider it so I guess I wish the Kickstarter well?
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    This sums up one of my main concerns:
    The only thing that made me worried was the ‘four unique agents’ line – the only unique thing I want for my agents is a serial number. But I dare to hope that they can pull this off, despite what happened last time someone touched our beloved Synd.
    pass

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Whoever thinks it's just a cyberpunk Cannon Fodder has not played American Revolt.

Anyway, I'm against all spiritual successors from people not named Sid Meier.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Whoever thinks it's just a cyberpunk Cannon Fodder has not played American Revolt.
    Oh sorry... in American Revolt you had to use doors to funnel the hundreds of enemy agents. No doors in Cannon Fodder. Cyberpunk Cannon Fodder with doors.

Network Hub
    I still play Sydicate today. A great game, from a great team back in the day.

So i backed this even though the guys running it made Sydicate Wars, not Sydicate, and i never found that game as interesting as the first game.

However i like the slight change in storyline, it is a different slant on the old games, and it might add an interesting game dimension? Graphically i love the look and tone they are aiming for, and overall as long as it gets the funding, i suspect it should be a game worth having.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    SyndicateWarsiness doesn't bother me here. The complaints centered around 1) too fast action and low damage, it was essentially a party-based cyberpunk ARPG, 2) bad, pixellated early software 3D graphics. Neither seems a problem here - the devs call it an RTS, and it even seems to have cover mechanics. And graphics seem okay to me.
    pass

That is quite the beard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Hey, KS experts, are they going to make it? Obviously, this Kickstarter wasn't an instant hit as some predicted and right now it looks very similar to Jagged Alliance KS that was completed in the last second. Only 5lives are asking for more money. I wish 5lives luck as their KS looks miles ahead of JA:F. Sadly, even in the best case scenario we can probably forget about stretch goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

This is the first KS that actually has me tempted to back.

KS Noob question: If it's not funded, do you get a refund?

If it's not funded the money doesn't even leave your bank account.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Whats the point of adding vague stretch goals when it's obvious they will be lucky to hit the original goal?

And by the way, was anyone ever caught backing his own project?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/MikeD...ickstarter.php

About 6 Months ago Sega announced they were closing Sega Studio Australia, leaving us a few months to finish the remake of Castle of Illusion and find another job (probably in Canada).
    And so began the plan to save the games industry in Australia, well at least for five of us, and hopefully more...
    Actually the plan to Kickstart a spiritual successor was something I often brought up everywhere I worked over the last few years, but a few things started to cement it into reality.

1. Kickstarter started becoming a viable source of funding for mid to large budget games.
    2. EA released a Syndicate remake that was actually a FPS, the ensuing outcry from the fans was heartwarming for me, and poured more petrol on the fire.
    3. Day[9], an SC2 caster I watched religiously during the depths of my StarCraft addiction, released a "My life of starcraft" where he mentioned his love of Syndicate Wars and how he played it with his brother in his youth. You would be amazed how happy this made me.
    4. I ended up working with a group of Syndicate fans who worked at Sega, all refugees from the steadily collapsing Brisbane dev scene, each at the top of their field and each representing a different facet of game making.syn

So armed with forewarning of joblessness a crack team of game devs and 5 copies of Unity pro we set about our Kickstarter campaign.

So if we could do this all again, what would we do differently?Iíve made a terrible mistake.
    First and foremost do everything you can to get on the US Kickstarter, it's painful to see people turned away from pledging because they donít have a credit card, or they donít want to enter their CC details. US backers are in the majority and they have their amazon payment details already entered in. The ease of a one click pledge becomes a battle with CC forms. Why KS for all their greatness don't take Paypal , or amazon or google wallet from the UK is beyond me, what is this 1996 :P (Iím sure they have logical reasons for doing so btw).
    It turns out, much to our surprise that KS is very quiet at weekends, so launching on a Friday night and ending on Sunday night was both dumb and dumber. Start on a Monday and end on a Friday, maximise those weekdays!
    Just because InXile and Double Fine can run a kickstarter without gameplay footage and a few sentences about the game and a smile, doesn't mean you can. You are not double fine and nor are we, people want the game to be already done so that they can pledge to see it made, a chicken and egg situation, have plenty of gameplay mockups ready to go! We are still working on ours, will our grey box gameplay video entice more backers or put off the ones we have, every decision is a nightmare of pros and cons.
    For the love of god hold something back for the updates, we didn't hold back enough we fired our guns before we saw the whites of their eyes. We thought we would keep working during the KS, not realising weíd have a hard time just keeping up with the messages/comments and PR.
    We have more to come but you always wish you had more.
    Make allies in the Kickstarter world, plenty of devs have been through it before and are happy to give advice (Thanks Jeff Pobst), don't do what we did and get the advice after you launch.

Heard of this just now and I think it looks great. I played the original Syndicate as a kid and loved it. I don't expect this to be exactly like the original when it comes to features etc and it shouldn't be.

The other Syndicate game you mentioned earlier in the posts didn't look anything like the original one. When I first heard of that one I was excited but when I heard it was going to be an FPS my excitement was gone.
    Carefully selected DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Obscure Node
    Here's another Satellite Reign video, this one is seriously good (reflections, rain, puddles, lighting), and I'm amazed they didn't release this before now. Still time to pledge (and vote on Steam) and make destructible landscape possible! http://support.satellitereign.com

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-align: left; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">

Activated Node
    Alright guys, one more video :

It's crazy how quickly these guys can mock up these systems... I really have the feeling that these guys have the skills to deliver a crazy good video game. This video actually reminds me a lot of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, so that's good I guess.

Also... Theres only 13 hours to go in this kickstarter so if you haven't already, go back it!

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    ENVIRONMENTAL DESTRUCTION CONFIRMED!

That reflection on the ground makes me wet all around and with all the games with cyberpunk aesthetics that will come in the next two years I really am excited. They are in different genres too so that makes it more diverse in gameplay and I'm curious how they shell out the environment in the respective games.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Network Hub
    Very happy they got to the Environmental Destruction level before the KS ended. I hope that PayPal will bring in more cash over the dev time period and we get some more stuff added due to that.

I think the restriction to credit card only that the UK KS has is always going to 'cost' you if you launch on the UK version over the US (dollars+amazon payments etc) KS system. Elite: Dangerous really struggled because of this limit as well.