Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I selfishly hope they'll never reach the multiplayer stretch goal.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakG View Post
    Very happy they got to the Environmental Destruction level before the KS ended. I hope that PayPal will bring in more cash over the dev time period and we get some more stuff added due to that.

I think the restriction to credit card only that the UK KS has is always going to 'cost' you if you launch on the UK version over the US (dollars+amazon payments etc) KS system. Elite: Dangerous really struggled because of this limit as well.
    To bew honest, I think Elite struggled because it looked a lot like a quickly thrown together KS that tried to cash in on the sudden hype around star citizen... They pretty much showed nothing and mostly relied on nostalgia. In the end that seems unjustified, because near the end of their campaign they already showed quite a lot of impressive stuff but it didn't give a good first impression.

and Avish, I'm with you man. It's not very nice to think that but darn I hope they don't have to spend much money on that.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by luukdeman111 View Post
    To bew honest, I think Elite struggled because it looked a lot like a quickly thrown together KS that tried to cash in on the sudden hype around star citizen... They pretty much showed nothing and mostly relied on nostalgia. In the end that seems unjustified, because near the end of their campaign they already showed quite a lot of impressive stuff but it didn't give a good first impression.
    Oh yeah the first impression was weak, there wasn't even a 'typical' KS intro video, just a wall of text, but speaking with american friends that were all over the Star Citizen game, not being able to use amazon payments/pay pal etc stopped a number of them putting money into Elite: Dangerous. Add in the conversion issue from USD to Sterling and currently using the UK KS option is seemingly going to cut into your ability to raise funds on the global level.

If i was looking to run a uk KS campaign i'd have alternative methods for funding ready to go at launch (from the games site etc), i nearly passed on the Elite KS because i don't ever just put my credit card info into the internet (past the couple of times i set up pay pal + amazon payments). Having the pay pal option ensured i could get on board. I've no idea why it is this way? If the usa KS can have all the other payment options in as default, why not the uk KS?