Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    They had said that it'll launch in Asia in 2014.

The 21 countries they're showing there are countries they intend to launch it this year and have it working with xbox live right
    from the get go.

The map will most likely get updated when they launch Xbox One in other countries.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Yes, according to the Neogaf thread, select Asian markets (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and India) will be able to buy the console in late 2014. That's a year from launch and still excludes quite a few countries. It's just weird. Why couldn't they just have established the infrastructure in advance if they're planning on launching in those markets anyway? They're giving the markets to Sony.

Probably because they're mental and seem to only care about the US and some Euros.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    So nobody thinks it's weird that Sony isn't launching in Japan this year either?

Sorry didn't notice that.

Yeah that's pretty weird of them. Any indication as to why they're doing it?

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Sorry didn't notice that.

Yeah that's pretty weird of them. Any indication as to why they're doing it?
    They want to ensure a stable launch in EU and NA. I guess their manufacturing isn't high enough to meet demand of all the regions. I'd imagine it has to do with the xbone not launching in Asia anytime soon as well, so since there is no competition they can afford to wait in that market.

I know a few people in Japan and they are pretty pissed about it. I think Sony is TRYING to launch this year in Japan too, but they can't guarantee it whereas they are guaranteeing "holiday 2013" for EU/NA.

edit: I guess the upside is that it's region free, so they could import one if they are able. Although I do believe the bluray player part of it is still region locked, it's just games that are free. I'd imagine most people wanting a PS4 on day one already have a BD player or two though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Xbone is coming earlier than PS4 in US and EU, right? Japan and other Asian countries will mostly like buy PS4 anyway, but if Sony would delay PS4 US and EU premiere they would lose huge piece of console market cake. So it isn't that wierd.

I don't think Sony have given a set release date other than Holiday 2013 for EU and US, so it's possible they could still release their system before Microsoft

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Xbone is coming earlier than PS4 in US and EU, right? Japan and other Asian countries will mostly like buy PS4 anyway, but if Sony would delay PS4 US and EU premiere they would lose huge piece of console market cake. So it isn't that wierd.
    No, it's not weird from a business sense, I described the same thing in my post. It's just weird to me as a person/gamer. When I was a kid Japan was the land of gaming, nearly everything came out there first. We got stuff months or even years later. PC gaming has always been a different story, but up until really this current generation Japan was king of console games.

I don't know, it's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I don't think Sony have given a set release date other than Holiday 2013 for EU and US, so it's possible they could still release their system before Microsoft
    From what I gathered from an interview with Jack Tretton they are shooting for somewhere between October and December. It all depends on how the manufacturing goes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, putting Asia (so Japan...) on a slight delay is definitely a smart move.

Also, it looks like demand for the PS4 is pretty good as I got an email from Amazon saying that they are still guaranteeing my pre-order for release date delivery, but they can no longer guarantee future ones. I am still surprised it didn't sell out though.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Yeah, putting Asia (so Japan...) on a slight delay is definitely a smart move.

Also, it looks like demand for the PS4 is pretty good as I got an email from Amazon saying that they are still guaranteeing my pre-order for release date delivery, but they can no longer guarantee future ones. I am still surprised it didn't sell out though.
    It technically did sell out. They are just taking orders for the second shipment basically at this point.

edit: I also got my pre-order in (I did it during the press conference).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Great, so CD Projekt may be the first developer/publisher to jump ship.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...olicy-concerns

Witcher 3 may still be on Xbox but, great that we have a developer denouncing the DRM.

You are my hero!! Be courageous. Baby, give me a kiss~
    Last edited by squirrel; 13-06-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Big Brother is here, and he's privatized
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    This also puts into the spotlight my main gripe with the whole "you can configure privacy settings for the Kinect!!"
    Yes, you can.
    But the bloody thing is still listening. And it's still processing everything you say to determine whether it's something it needs to pay attention to or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Actually, you can switch that off.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Actually, you can switch that off.
    But since there's apparently no "on"-button, wouldn't that permanently disable the console? Maybe they'll launch an "Integrity Edition" of the XBone, featuring a manual power button, for only a few hundred bucks more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I imagine you switch it on with the controller, similar to how the 360 switches on.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    But since there's apparently no "on"-button, wouldn't that permanently disable the console? Maybe they'll launch an "Integrity Edition" of the XBone, featuring a manual power button, for only a few hundred bucks more.
    No, no, don't you see? The plug in the wall is the power switch.

Unless it has an internal battery. In that case, you're fucked.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

At last, we can talk to the monsters and they shall listen.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.