Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Are you nuts? Did you really think that MS doesn't have spare devkits? How about companies that will start making games for Xbone in near future? "Hey Bungie, are you done with that new Halo? I want borrow your Xbone devkit, these bastards from MS doesn't have any. Call me back ASAP. I can't make a game without it"
    I suspect it's not so much that they don't have spares, as much as it is they don't want unreleased hardware leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    What is this? It says it wants to install 50MB data into my system to work, kinda worrying so I quit without really try it out.
    UE3 running in HTML5, JS and WebGL.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I won't be surprised if first and third party developers are using completely different sets of SDK. Playstation 3 for instance, you see how gorgeous those first party games like God of War 3 and Killzone 2, 3 are, comparing to those third party games (regardless of rather they are PS exclusive or not, UBI's Haze is simply a disaster). Cell processor is actually outstanding in running graphic codes, but Sony just refuses to share the technical details.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Cool logical fallacies there.

Also I'm unsure why you keep equating the Delaware Valley to all of the United States either. Or are you implying I've never left Philadelphia?

Either way there are tons of amazingly high quality places to eat in Philly, if you eat shit that is your own fault.
    So you've walked back your original assertion then? Good. It was pretty stupid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    No, I haven't. What gave you that idea?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    You kidding me? I eat like a king here.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Activated Node
    Can we bitch about the xbone some more? What do you guys think about this:

"Rep. Mike Capuano (D-MA) and Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) introduced the “We Are Watching You Act” last week in order to protect the privacy of consumers from DVR boxes (or similar devices) that include built-in cameras and microphones. Verizon, who provides the popular FiOS service, filed a patent application for a DVR with video and audio monitoring capabilities in 2012. But, at this point, it’s unknown if they have such a DVR in development. So for now, the “We Are Watching You Act” is strictly an anti-Xbox One bill as the system’s Kinect sensor is the only device that meets the qualifications of the bill."

The fun bit:
    "
    The DVR/Kinect operator must also “provide specific details on how collected information will be used and who will have access to the data.” If you do chose to opt-in, when the device is recording it will display “WE ARE WATCHING YOU” in a font “large enough to be readable from a distance.”

source: http://www.warpzoned.com/2013/06/con...i-kinect-bill/

Last edited by Curry; 19-06-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curry View Post
    Can we bitch about the xbone some more? What do you guys think about this:

"Rep. Mike Capuano (D-MA) and Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) introduced the “We Are Watching You Act” last week in order to protect the privacy of consumers from DVR boxes (or similar devices) that include built-in cameras and microphones. Verizon, who provides the popular FiOS service, filed a patent application for a DVR with video and audio monitoring capabilities in 2012. But, at this point, it’s unknown if they have such a DVR in development. So for now, the “We Are Watching You Act” is strictly an anti-Xbox One bill as the system’s Kinect sensor is the only device that meets the qualifications of the bill."

source: http://www.warpzoned.com/2013/06/con...i-kinect-bill/
    Sure, why not.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Giant Bomb and some other sources claim that Microsoft will announce a complete 180 on the retarded Xbone policies.

Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for Xbox One today.What does this mean?

• No more always online requirement
    • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
    • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
    • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
    • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
    • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
    • Region locks have been dropped

Edit: aaaaaaaaaand it's real. New page isn't up yet.
    Last edited by SirKicksalot; 19-06-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Very amusing. Might pick one up when it's cheap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Edit: Wrong link.

Yah... when you got people like Jimmy Fallon mistakenly saying the Xbone does not support used games (which it does, if the publisher allows it), expect some new faces in the PR department. Their own fault they wanted to be vague as possible on how game sharing will work and who can restrict it.
    Last edited by Moraven; 19-06-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I think this was all a ploy to make us forget that they still want to watch us masturbate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Update is live:
    Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

• Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    New marketing name: Xbox 180

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I think this was all a ploy to make us forget that they still want to watch us masturbate.
    Just remember to cover the Kinect with a sheet and masturbate silently. That is unless they sneakily added heat vision.

Network Hub
    and we're back to square one...
    another generation of completely redundant and pointless devices

except the Wii U... if it ever gets games

oh well. at least it's x86. the ports should suck less

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    New marketing name: Xbox 180
    Oh man. Spread the word, this is the name that's even better than XBone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Lol.

Congrats Microsoft, and congrats the public.

Quick question:

What's to stop them from pulling another 180 after initial sales have come in, and forcing everybody who owns an xbawx to sign a new EULA that says the same thing as before? After all, they didn't remove the mandatory Kinect.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Quick question:

What's to stop them from pulling another 180 after initial sales have come in, and forcing everybody who owns an xbawx to sign a new EULA that says the same thing as before? After all, they didn't remove the mandatory Kinect.
    Nothing, they will simply apologize again and continue like nothing happened.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Quick question:

Nothing other than a consumer backlash and, probably, a severe drop in sales, assuming that's the worry that caused them to do this 180 in the first place. And can you imagine the outcry when they lure people in with promises and then backtrack to screw them over? That would be ugly.

Would love to see it though.