Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    You know nothing Jon Snow
    Wait, what? Guess I had never seen that written before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Snow

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    I did "PS4" sortoff. I think PS3 was around 600 dollars at release in DownUnder.
    Try around $700 to $800. Amusingly some places are offering pre-orders for the Xbox One at $900. Fortunately most places don't require you to put that much money down (EB Games demand a minimum of $90, JB HI-FI require you to pre-approve the full $900 but don't charge it) so there's still some sanity out there but wow. I sure as hell hope that MS don't see that and go "Wait a minute, there are people actually willing to pay that much? Hmmm..."
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Wait, what? Guess I had never seen that written before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Snow
    Jon Snow is one of the main characters in the A Song of Ice and Fire series of books, perhaps best known these days through their TV adaptation Game of Thrones. The line 'You know nothing, Jon Snow!' is one of the most often repeated lines, and has become somewhat of a joke among readers of the books and viewers of the TV show.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

He's also a news presenter on Channel 4 (UK).

Edit: ...which you know that already, having linked to his wiki page. Never mind.

I still find the link between him and the dim chap in Game of Thrones amusing.
    Last edited by rsherhod; 23-05-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhazor View Post
    There is nothing stopping console developers releasing third party controllers like a K&B, I mean who can forget Rez which came (a ha) with a set of vibrators or the infiinite number of fucking guitar hero games. Or the old Steel Batallion games that came with a full cockpit that would have most PC sim fans excusing themselves to go to the bathroom. With a copy of Rez.

We had one of those. Never got to use it much though. :(
    I think the game was far too slow IMO. Would have been better with that control but something that played like Hawken. :D
    PS, 100% better than a "kenetc".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Why people would suspect that 1GB ram Pentium D computer won't run well for clerical tasks? My father is using one (passed over by me) and it works fine. I can play some games like Fear 1 or Fable or Unreal Tournament on it decently no problem. (the Dell machine runs with 128MB ATI X300). On specs, it's still more powerful than Xbox 360 / Playstation 3.

Because my father is using Windows XP. If you are doing some very common clerical works, I see absolutely no reason to upgrade from Windows XP (mine is SP3, yeah, the one is antique 32 bit) and Office 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhazor View Post
    Or the old Steel Batallion games that came with a full cockpit that would have most PC sim fans excusing themselves to go to the bathroom.
    You forgot there is a pedal, too :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Jon Snow is one of the main characters in the A Song of Ice and Fire series of books, perhaps best known these days through their TV adaptation Game of Thrones. The line 'You know nothing, Jon Snow!' is one of the most often repeated lines, and has become somewhat of a joke among readers of the books and viewers of the TV show.
    So...... What does this phase means? I still don't get what Kadayi said......

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    So...... What does this phase means? I still don't get what Kadayi said......
    That Jon Snow it an uneducated oaf, I presume.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by His Master's Voice View Post
    That Jon Snow it an uneducated oaf, I presume.
    That's not cool. I didn't watch the said TV drama but I googled the character. He's quite handsome......

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It's not that he's an uneducated oaf, it's that his preconception of the wildlings is all wrong.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    He is a bit dim tho.

To be fair the new Steel Battalion was exactly the game I dreamed up for the Kinect. Of course because the Kinect was garbage the game controlled like absolute ass and the design clearly had no idea how bad the controls were. Shame really, it had great potential to revitalise the hard core mech sim genre.
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not necessarily... well, I guess it was. It did not have the fidelity for hand gesture gameplay. And as it's not "awesome VR body mapping to mech movement" gameplay, it was always going to fall back to hand gestures. They should have made the game map your entire body (run to run, jump to jump) at least it would have worked at the Kinectz resolution.

The latest one might be better. But why keep betting on a loosing horse?

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    Not necessarily... well, I guess it was. It did not have the fidelity for hand gesture gameplay. And as it's not "awesome VR body mapping to mech movement" gameplay, it was always going to fall back to hand gestures. They should have made the game map your entire body (run to run, jump to jump) at least it would have worked at the Kinectz resolution.

The latest one might be better. But why keep betting on a loosing horse?
    The problem with running is that you won't stay in the range of the gadget for long...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Try around $700 to $800. Amusingly some places are offering pre-orders for the Xbox One at $900. Fortunately most places don't require you to put that much money down (EB Games demand a minimum of $90, JB HI-FI require you to pre-approve the full $900 but don't charge it) so there's still some sanity out there but wow. I sure as hell hope that MS don't see that and go "Wait a minute, there are people actually willing to pay that much? Hmmm..."
    for 900 AUD one can get 7870 and better ram.

and still a computer is needed. so another four hundred bucks for basic PC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    When asked if Xbox Australia had anything specific to add for gamers in this country, Pollington said, “We don’t have any specific Australian announcements to make, but one thing that I do think is particularly exciting for customers of the Xbox One in general, and also to Australians, is the power of the cloud. We touched on it briefly in our press conference, and I think it’s a really important point and a key differenciator for Xbox One. Essentially, no longer are we constrained to the processing power of Xbox One in terms of hardware; we’re able to do a lot of processing that was traditionally done on the box, in the cloud.

“It’s also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we’re effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud]. If you look to the cloud as something that is no doubt going to evolve and grow over time, it really spells out that there’s no limit to where the processing power of Xbox One can go. I think that’s a very exciting proposition, not only for Australians, but anyone else who’s going to pick up the Xbox One console.”

Someone help refresh my memory - is the clusterfuck worse than what happened after Sony's E3 2006 conference?

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    An exciting proposition for soldant and also everyone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ehehehe, so, 60 fps in Cloud Computing Mode (or other fancy name), drops to 20 when you lost connection with internet?
    IT'S AWESOME AND GROUNDBREAKING, SIGN ME IN.

:|

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Not to mention, is Microsoft running the "cloud" on children's dream or it costs money?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Not to mention, is Microsoft running the "cloud" on children's dream or it costs money?
    According to the conference it runs on the whole computing power of 1999 - and more!

What the fuck did any of that have to do with Australia?

@ Somini

Calling it now. "Cloud exclusive to Gold Xbox Live members. All exclusives exclusively available on Cloud. Cloud turns out to be as integral to the running of these game as it was in Sim City"
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran