Lesser Hivemind Node

Heads Up: Alliance vs. DK opening the group stages of the G1 league!

http://www.joindota.com/en/matches/5...s-the-alliance

Roughly 6 and a half hours from now!

Personally, I think the top tier Chinese teams are still half a step ahead of EU (Sorry but NA simply doesn't compare to EU let alone China) but this should still be an awesome matchup. Alliance are probably the only other EU clan outside of Na'Vi who can take on the Chinese (And maybe Fnatic on a good day).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That level 1 roshan. Holy mother of fuck.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not sure how many of you saw the entire series but Alliance utterly dominated the Chinese and Malaysian teams. Utterly crushed LGD in the finals.

TI3 should be very interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    What shocked most people I believe is how utterly useless iG were against both Alliance and Liquid. They were going in as the big favourites, and got knocked down by both of the "supposedly" inferior western teams.
    The face of the audience afterwards was priceless.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm more shocked by LGD's drafting in the finals. Lone Druid twice kept open in the pool for Alliance? Really? Although this doesn't chage the fact that you can't really ban out Alliance. Such a flexible team.

And what exactly is with the East's issue with playing Gyro and Wisp? Is this the first time that a western team has won a LAN tourney which had top tier Chinese teams?

This is the first time as well that the meta isn't being dictated by China. Bets on every Chinese and Malaysian team poring over all of Alliance's replays before TI3?
    Last edited by khaz; 26-05-2013 at 01:18 PM.

I watched [A]lliance vs iG late last night.

iG got about 2k early windfall (200g first blood, 3x100g for Londe Druid's Spirit Bears, 2x209g for killing Lone Druid himself, 2x139g for assists on Lone Druid, 4x200 for tower, 452g for tower last hit) in the first few minutes. Druid ended up pushed into his own jungle (from the offlane) and sharing it with Rubick.

Alchemist got 1 level in Greed and then ignored it until he'd got his other skills. I don't think Bulldog picked up a Midas as Lone Druid. Alchemist and Lone Druid still ended up farmed, and [A]lliance won handily anyway. Ironically driving Bulldog into his own jungle made it so much harder for iG to use the Wisp-Chaos Knight combo.

Quasi-tangentially, it's such a shame that both BTS and GDStudio are supported by a staff that loves gimmicky overlays, picture-in-picture replays and having a third party control the camera (net result: miss half the action, opening up screamers during matches, five minute derails on how to build a hero that's doing fine anyway [missing even more of the action because they have to argue over whether or not shadowblade first is a good pickup on alchemist, for example]). Both studios have one or two really good casters, and BTS even goes the step further of actually fixing Merlini's microphone issues when he co-casts...
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join