Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Rock Paper Starship - the Star Trek Online fleet.

just wanted to let people know youre not alone in this game. for more info check here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...d-Care-Play-It

Im sure ill be able to help out if I catch you ingame!

Im signild@quantacat ingame. throw me a line!

ps: please use this thread now for fleet stuff, not the other one in the PC Gaming section. cheers!
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 26-05-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    So, I have just come to the point where a Romulan has to decide if to fight for the Starfleet or Klingons.
    As most here seem to have their main chars on the Starfleet side I supose it makes more sense to go Starfleet?

I also dropped friend invites to the handles I could find. I choose a more RPish names for my STO chars but account handle is "one step back". Just writing it with spaces for the Googles and the like. Call me paranoid.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    You are paranoid!

But yeah, my main one is starfleet, mainly because of the lack of options on the Klango side (I almost went with a green lady, but that whole "seduction" thing seemed a bit eyeroll). I still have a spare account though, should we have a Klango team.

I'll hop on now actually. Tried my first mission earlier, it was kinda fun, but railroaded me into acting like a dumbass, killing several thousand innocent people in the process. Bit annoying.

So uh... how do I add people?
    Last edited by sinister agent; 27-05-2013 at 12:30 AM.

theres a button right of your default minimap. I think its called social, it looks like a person with three heads. thats also how you make teams and stuff.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Yeah, I nipped on last night to see if I remembered how to play. A little bit, is the answer, but also noticed several new potentially cool mission lines. Might be fun to run them together if some people are online. For what it's worth, if we're trying to get this going again, might be a good idea to stick to the Feds (or the Romulans who go Feds) for that matter.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Thanks, I've accepted some requests now. I may have declined one or two a few days ago, as they popped up in the middle of something and I panicked. The game has a bit of a problem with that in general really. I saw you online earlier, bonkers, at station 24, but didn't know how to get in there with you. I got into a scrap with some randoms though, and got killed for the first time when 50 ships suddenly appeared all round me. Bit scary.

Fun though. I'm still low level but starting to get the hang of how the hell it all works, and wondering if I should hold back a bit so a group of other new players can team up while it's still fresh.

the episodes are very good. it has all the classic trek silliness of ghosts, adventure and time travel.

I love my breen transphasic cluster torpedoes that scale with my level.
    - Tom De Roeck.

As an American, I may not be able to do this at the same time as you guys, but it intrigues me and I'm gonna be giving it a spin.

there are fleet goals, such as building a starbase and an embassy where everyone can contribute to. no matter the time difference.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Damn you people, I haven't enough time to play my ever-increasing backlog of games and you have to start this!
    Bah, sleeping is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skhalt View Post
    Damn you people, I haven't enough time to play my ever-increasing backlog of games and you have to start this!
    Bah, sleeping is overrated.
    first of all: the missions are really well written, especially the new expansion.

secondly: its free! you can come back later, this is a game I intend to keep revisiting. rps will be around for sure.
    - Tom De Roeck.

No no no, I'm downloading this as soon as I get back from work, then take a look at that Allegiance thing we were talking about in the PS2 subforum, and probably be unreasonable in two or three other ways. Just make your cocktail robot shake me something strong to keep me alive and kicking

I'm probably gonna be offline for a week, but am still up for this when I get back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    So, how does one actually join a/the fleet? Tried to find it in the fleets list but had no luck so far.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

thats up to me. im trying to organise leadership, but until then, just send me a friend invite.

signild@quantacat.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I have just been promoted to leader of the RPS fleet, so now I can start inviting people and cleaning house.

Post me your exact character names, as the invite system is very anal about that. (I cant see them on the friends tab if youre offline.)
    - Tom De Roeck.

I think it should be "Skhalt Morkenson@skhalt", though I didn't really pay attention when I logged in for a quick look around yesterday.
    Last edited by Skhalt; 29-05-2013 at 08:48 PM.

added. anyone else? (I already found sinister agent)
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Vaxol@internetonsetadd

Also, I looked you up last night and apparently invited you to a team (maybe even several times) while I was trying to figure out what the buttons do. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Vaxol@internetonsetadd

Also, I looked you up last night and apparently invited you to a team (maybe even several times) while I was trying to figure out what the buttons do. Sorry.
    did you get the fleet invite yet?

in other news: in order to get the starbase running, we need a shitload of fleet marks. someone whose name escapes me at the moment (I think its Choca) has contributed a bunch of them already, but according to my calculations, we need about 1400 more. you get these by doing pvp queue missions as soon as youre of high enough level. wouldnt recommend them below captain, and only then in a team where you can level match.

and for the shipyard, well need about 1600 additional marks.

if youre finding yourself low on equipment, look in the grabbag in the fleet account (on the same terminal as the regular bank) ot if you want something with a bit more bang for your buck, talk to JG.
    - Tom De Roeck.