Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar

New video - Faith

Here we are again. Making his second appearance in Arthouse, it's Mr Tom Waits. First time an artist has been repeated but I suspect it won't be the last. If you've never listened to the album Rain Dogs, I strongly recommend you sort your life out and go do it now. It's on spotify and everything.

I like this one. It's got a theme and that.

Sleddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...tside_2_video/

GERMANS! Try this mein freundens - http://www.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php

Last edited by jaguar skills; 17-07-2013 at 12:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Activated Node
    I'm really liking these videos, Jag!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Clap hands together for the soundtrack - Anywhere I Lay My Head, also known as the saddest song in the world, didn't expect it to work that well at first but you proved otherwise!

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    I vote you change your name to "JagSki". Because why not .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And here we see why recording at 24 fps can work out not so well.

Nice piece though.

You might want to double that figure. 24fps is a piece of cake. I recorded this one at 48fps hoping for smoother slow-mo. Problem is my rig got upset at my optimism and often was shy of that during the busier scenes.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Just ordered Rain Dogs, Bone Machine and Bad As Me
    Last edited by bonkers; 17-07-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Anywhere I Lay My Head, also known as the saddest song in the world
    Though not the saddest version of it. Though that accolade is given for all the wrong reasons.

Jag, you need to clear your PM inbox. lol

Ooops! Done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Clap hands together for the soundtrack - Anywhere I Lay My Head, also known as the saddest song in the world, didn't expect it to work that well at first but you proved otherwise!
    Saddest song in the world? Really? Gotta couple other candidates for you:

Undone In Sorrow by Crooked Still:
    YouTube http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2HQk9Ed...%3D2HQk9EdG4Rk
    Spotify http://open.spotify.com/track/2cjZm8yD9FQjfJYCA6Sqfg

Or my personal top candidate, St James Infirmary:
    YouTube with Louis Armstrong http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QzcpUdB...%3DQzcpUdBw7gs
    Spotify list of my favourite renditions http://open.spotify.com/user/spotify...d4VIWyHOer52eo
    A good companion on long sad nights.

sent from my phone, hence the mobile links.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, it was more a running joke from when I was at uni and we listened to a lot of Tom Waits. It always seemed to come on when we were drinking before going out and doesn't really bring the party mood.

That Louis Armstrong tune is really nice. Also pretty sad. Have no idea why I clicked on the Scarlet Johansson one, it was truly even worse than I could have imagined...

you need 100fps for good slowmo, unless you have nuke.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 18-07-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I can't say I did it for purely artistic reasons - my rig isn't doing 100fps with FRAPs in a million years - but in retrospect I'm kind of glad it wasn't too polished when I was using Tom Waits for a backing track. If it looked like clean, smooth bullet-time then I'd be better off using the Hollywood starlet version of the song.

I'm intrigued about Nuke, do I need a supercomputer for it to render in less than days though?

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I can't say I did it for purely artistic reasons - my rig isn't doing 100fps with FRAPs in a million years - but in retrospect I'm kind of glad it wasn't too polished when I was using Tom Waits for a backing track. If it looked like clean, smooth bullet-time then I'd be better off using the Hollywood starlet version of the song.

I'm intrigued about Nuke, do I need a supercomputer for it to render in less than days though?
    Have you tried Dxtory, it is supposed to be less of a resource hog? http://exkode.com/dxtory-features-en.html
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam