Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I'd be up for an event testing out the new maps.

Network Hub
    Anyone still playing this from RPS? I've only just got into it over the last week or so after 5 months or so without a working machine, but I played HOS a fair bit. RS is fucking rock-hard, bloody brilliant though.

Network Hub
    Seriously? No-one?

That's a HUGE shame, because while it can be a little clunky, at the heart of it, this is a brutal, bombastic experience that cries out to be done properly in squads. Has a learning curve, and if you can't take dying a lot, don't apply - but RPSers really should be all over this still!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I would like to try some time. Does one need a beta key to play still?

Network Hub
    No, Rising Storm was officially released in the Summer.

I love both RO2 and RS, and would be delighted to play with RPS.

Network Hub
    It's like nothing else.

Network Hub
    FFC and any others - up for some arrangement for this some time?

I honestly can't believe the lack of uptake. I honestly think that it's sensational at times. Hard as hell, but satisfying like nothing else. A little co-ordination would work wonders, although the normal RS player seems to be a little less inclined to be an idiot than with many games. Sorts te men from the boys, as it were, I guess.

Game purchased. Will have to see if I can find space for it on any of my disks now...

Network Hub
    Well played, sir. Have you played RO1 or RO2? If so you'll know how unforgiving it is, how clunky and dated it may be in some regards. But you'll also know how rewarding it can be to get to grips with, how authentic it is in terms of gunplay, if this can be called playing.. but what I'll say about RS is that it sort of takes those things further in a way. There are moments on a couple of maps that are like nothing else I've ever played, period. Frantic, desperate, confusing but brilliant for exactly those reasons.

Nope, never played either of the predecessors. It's going to be "prima vista". :)

Not played much since the month after is was released, I'd be up for a few games tomorrow or next week to get back in it. Surgeon J on Steam. Get yourself on RPS Mumble too if you haven't already.

Oh, I've been the resident Mumble wizard for the RPS Planetside 2 VS outfit since January at least, so I'm on Mumble alright. :) Nearly every day, in fact, in one channel or another.

just need to figure out a way to fit that huge install onto my drives. It IS the 20GB large RO2/Rising Storm multiplayer thing I need, right?

Network Hub
    Someone make sure they let me know when any RPS BANZAAAAIIIIs might occur.

Yeah sorry for making this thread then running off. Got back into education and, noticing how bloody addicted to RO I was, promptly stopped it just so I could get work done.

Funny thing is I tried Battlefield 3 after getting that Humble Origin thingy and I cant stand it as it seems to dumb in comparison to RO2.

Network Hub
    If only there was the audience base (maybe there is if done right?) to get the sort of potential in terms of graphics, less clunkiness, etc. that titles like BF3 can have. Something like RS, not in any way dumbed down, with a great engine and art direction, would just blow my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Oh, I've been the resident Mumble wizard for the RPS Planetside 2 VS outfit since January at least, so I'm on Mumble alright. :) Nearly every day, in fact, in one channel or another.

just need to figure out a way to fit that huge install onto my drives. It IS the 20GB large RO2/Rising Storm multiplayer thing I need, right?
    Yeah its the 20GB game. One thing about RO2/RS is it is HUGE! The custom maps are gargantuan and the textures are rather big so it does eat hard disk space like nothing else. I think the new Phosphate plant (in beta, I think its being used for the next map compo) is something like 250MBish.

Network Hub
    Phosphate plant is pretty good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Hullo folks! I'd be interested in trying Rising Storm (or RO2). I'd be all to happy to uninstall CSGO and Battlefield 3 (ugh), but I'm not sure if this is up my alley. Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What sort of pointer would you like? do you already have the game?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    No, I don't have it and I'm trying to decide if I should go for it. RO2 is 7 Euros on Steam and it's in an indie gala bundle for around 4,30 Euros now. Just not sure it's my cuppa tea!