Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Well, yes. The Type 100 on Level 25 doesn't get a muzzle brake but actually gets the slower firerate.
    As you could probably tell at 25 it transforms from the late war 1944 model that had a firerate of 800 RPM to the early war 1942 model that had a firerate of 450 RPM. So your firerate basically gets cut in half, which greatly improves the accuracy as it is much easier to control, but sadly also gives it the old sights. I don't like the "improved" sights either, always been a fan of nice open sights, but I really want the bayonet that you get at Level 50.

So you can either choose between the 1944 Type 100 you get at Level 0, with the nice fast firerate and the superior sight, or if you want the bayonet, like me, you need to put up with the shitty sights and a slower firerate.

I really wish there was a way to use the bayonet with the 1944 version.
    I have no idea what they were thinking when they made the 1942 version the "improved" unlock.
    It was shittier than the 1944 version in pretty much every aspect.
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 05-06-2013 at 02:51 PM.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Commissar View Post
    I have no idea what they were thinking when they made the 1942 version the "improved" unlock.
    Possibly the same line of thinking that slapped the old version of the German scope on the Semi-auto sniper rifles and the MKB when RO2 first released ;)

So the Steam group grew from something around 30 members to 96 members since the "Wot I think" went up on RPS.
    I am really hoping for a nice turnout tomorrow!

At the same time I am also a bit worried that if a lot of those people really do show up we might fill up the server and people will be left out, so if you want a guaranteed slots make sure to arrive early.

I will password the server to keep out the pubs from taking up slots about half an hour before the event starts and will announce the password here and over the Steam group.

If we don't get enough people I will simply open the server to the public again and we should be fine, but with 96 members in the group I really hope we can get at least 20 to 30 of those on the server.

Network Hub
    Well, I shall endeavour to be around.

Still amazed why it isn't called "Rock, Paper, Trenchgun".

I'll try to attend but it means leaving work a bit early. (Damn east coast time. I miss playing ArmA so much).

It's not "Trenchgun" because that's a filthy American weapon.

All hail the Emperor!

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Commissar View Post
    It's not "Trenchgun" because that's a filthy American weapon.

All hail the Emperor!
    Rock, Paper, Seppuku!

Alright, restarted the server with zero bots and a password.

Password for today is "rpsbanzai", so pile onto Mumble and then we can start once we have sufficient numbers for both teams.

Edit:

It's public now, no password.
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 07-06-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMonkey View Post
    Still amazed why it isn't called "Rock, Paper, Trenchgun".
    But that means I cant show off with the squiggly writing!

Unlocked all the things I specifically want unlocking, now to calm down on the playing a little.
    Its bad when you finally unlock something and suddenly note "You've been grinding again." at which point it may be worth taking a short break from the game.

Sidenote: Bots are genius!
    Last edited by Scumbag; 08-06-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Add flame!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    Add flame!
    Requires additional Bodge.

Just checking to see whom is wiser then me (of which I guess everyone):
    Can anyone explain the difference between the Type 96 and Type 99 LMGs? Screwing about with the Type 96 seems to show very little difference from the 99, maybe less spread or the RoF on it, plus I know the 99 had a larger round used with it, but most games I've played on I can't tell the difference. The Type 100 SMG has a more pronounced change at level 25 then those two guns!

Activated Node
    Konnichiwa! I've bought the game last night, and I suck at it! I also don't understand most of what is going on, but the sneaking around taking potshots at whoever I see (4 rounds, no teamkills, though) is extremely entertaining.

Therefore I joined the RPS group on Steam, and I look forward to being a terrible scrub with you fine peoples.

I'm level 12 right now, I think I need to be 13 to unlock Realism mode, though.
    Steam - SandmanXC

Hey there! Good to see another person playing Rising Storm.
    I don't think there are any events planned currently, I am away this Friday so I won't be able to set anything up, but maybe I can convince a buddy to host something. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm playing from time to time and I cannot wait until Multiplay finally fixes the whole thing with Territory mode reverting to default upon every server restart so that I can run Territory on the server, but that may take a while, as it's a problem with their server hosting infrastructure.

Network Hub
    Hmm, no one in Mumble or Steam chat tonight. I guess Friday night isn't good for everyone...

There is not event for tonight. Think this is just an off week for a few people (I just got back from work myself).

Yeah, sorry guys. Didn't create an event today because quite a few people were busy this Friday and I couldn't find anyone to host. Next week, though. Or maybe an impromptu session this weekend, we'll see

It seemed quiet in general last night, maybe people have started drifting away after two weeks of XP farming now the InB4Reset and pre-order boost is over.

a few questions for the RS gurus:

- I got the impression from comments on the Tripwire forum that Countdown games are permanently double XP, is that true? I had the InB4Reset and pre-order boost but it did seem last night that Countdown is still giving me more that Territory.

- Are you going to allow Veteran unlocks of enemy weapons on the server? (turned off for balance reasons?)

- Likewise; engineers? It's the only class I've not had chance to play yet, all servers I've tried don't seem to have them. Looks like the least useful of the classes (Carbine or trenchgun and just one satchel charge, no grenades...) and but would be good to give it a try.

- Is there a reason why re-spawning mid-objective in Countdown is a random class rather than the one you first selected?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    - Likewise; engineers? It's the only class I've not had chance to play yet, all servers I've tried don't seem to have them. Looks like the least useful of the classes (Carbine or trenchgun and just one satchel charge, no grenades...) and but would be good to give it a try.
    I don't think they're on many maps, but both of those guns are fairly good and only available to officers otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    - Is there a reason why re-spawning mid-objective in Countdown is a random class rather than the one you first selected?
    You take control of one of the remaining bots. The only respawning in Countdown normally is when the attacking commander uses a reinforcement wave, that should still be your selected class.

I'm guessing the Engineer was to be implemented on Iwo Jima and Beito, but on Iwo you have the charges on the ammo dumps.
    Not sure if Beito has been totally cut from the game, but the trailers from a while ago shows American engineers chucking the charges in to destroy the spawn bunkers unique to the map.