Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar

Celestial Mechanica

Any one else played this?

I found it to be pretty good. Lovely animation and music you'd want on your mp3 player. Its a metroidvania style game, and for me, it only brought one new mechanic to the table, how you deal with enemy attacks.
    A few niggles, though. When you jump, the camera is jerky. I find it jaring. And you jump a whole load in this game. Also, its short. 330 deaths, One hour 15 minutes short.

I found it worth the price for the music. Especially when I compare it to a cinema ticket (Its cheaper) or a roll in my nearby supermarket (Same price)

http://www.celestialmechanica.com/

The trailer reminds me of Cave Story, which is a good thing.
    But only one or two hours long? Don't know... Maybe I'll give it a shot anyway.

I'll be honest, I followed this until release and I'm a huge fan of Paul Veer's art.

But this game is very short once completed. Flash also lends itself to some imprecise controls and therefore some pretty frustrating segments. The programming is competent, but I think it needs some polish. The music is great though, but you can get that separately (and for more than the price of the game!). I'm pretty sure Roger Hicks (the programmer/musicman) spent most of his time on the music.

It's worth a go if you like Paul Veer's art, otherwise it's really short and somewhat unsatisfying once it's over. And the platforming is just...slippery.
    Maybe the next one darling...maybe the next one

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    A fair view of it. I think if even the spikes were a little lower, much frustration could of been avoided.
    Its a pity it wasnt more of an exploration game. That would of ment more time to listen to the music. It still wouldnt be too hard to flesh it out, and a map but I really doubt the makers are gonna make that big a change after release.