Absolute Bedlam Amateur Dota 2 Tournament: Season 2

Hi RPS,

We've just opened registrations for Season 2 of the Absolute Bedlam Amateur Dota Tournament. Teams can sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NQ_3hp6vW2P9R4CKqy-lH4ut61bIhsIjAJq1jJPQeuc/edit?usp=sharing

We accept registrations for North American and EU teams looking to take part in the competitive side of the game and have a bit of fun. Our last event was super friendly and featured some truly spectacular Dota, particularly from our finalists CHAMO and Plushunters whose the grand final can be seen here http://www.twitch.tv/absolutebedlamdota/b/397017651

We try to get as many games casted as possible, with last season featuring commentary from PyrionFlax, AdmiralGT and our main casting team, NyanPudge and CakeTown. If you're a budding caster wanting to stream our games to your own channel, we'd be happy to have you on board and you can sign up here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wZ-...sLBJE/viewform

The tournament format will be 16 NA and 16 EU teams playing in two local sub-tournament, the top two teams of both conferences then competing in our transatlantic grand final. We're also looking at having an EU vs NA Allstars match and a 1v1 competition, but I'll update when we've got more info. As I'm a struggling freelancer, I can't afford a prize. Though we might be looking to put together some sort of optional rare item donations towards the prize pool, let me know what you think.

Hopefully, we'll be kicking off on the 17th of July (if not the week after) and I'll be contacting team captains to confirm rules next week.

Before signing up please ensure that you meet these requirements:

1. Your team will need to EU/NA or willing to play at EU or NA times. We'll do what we can to minimise latency issues, but priority will be given to EU/NA teams.
    2. Your team will need to be available to play at least two games a week, preferably on weeknights between 7-12 UTC+1 or UTC-8
    3. Team captains will need Skype to contact each other and admins
    4. Have a good attitude.

It would be great to see your teams in action! As I said we only have 32 team slots, so we may not be able to feature ever team that applies, but we will put teams on a standby list in case of drop outs.

Twitter: @bedlamdota
    Twitch: twitch.tv/absolutebedlamdota
    Last edited by Tom OBedlam; 31-05-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Just a little something that looks a bit worrisome to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post

Hopefully, we'll be kicking off on the 17th of July (if not the week after) and I'll be contacting team captains to confirm rules next week.
    //
    Your team will need to be available to play at least two games a week, preferably on weeknights between 7-12 UTC+1 or UTC-8
    Minimum 2 games a week in the middle of the summer holiday season? Sorry, but this to me just looks like a recipe for disaster.

Also, you may have wanted to make this post within the Dota2 subforum.

Obscure Node
    When will the tournament start?

Thoroughly looking forward to season 2, the first was a blast!

hope season 2 will start soon :3 i realy wanna participate with ma team :D

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by ckl View Post
    hope season 2 will start soon :3 i realy wanna participate with ma team :D
    Should be starting a week this sunday (07/07/2013).

SSMB are playing MWM at 22:00.

coool, will keep an eye here then :3

i hate myself...missed it :| damn, well...gotta wait for season 3 then i guess :(

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by ckl View Post
    i hate myself...missed it :| damn, well...gotta wait for season 3 then i guess :(
    It starts this sunday coming, and it will be running for a couple of months I think, so no panic :)

it won't take so much... and... "The form "Absolute Bedlam Season 2 Sign Up" is no longer accepting responses." :(

Network Hub
    Yes all the teams are entered now but it will be viewable (all matches streamed with commentary).

yeah... but i wanted to play in it with ma team :( that's the problem... hopefuly someone will change their mind and there will be 1 free slot for us :D