Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar

[VS] Council meeting

It would be good to kick off the new council's first mandate period with a meeting to discuss what should be our first order of business and whether we want to distribute responsibilities somehow.
    ----------------
    Edit: agenda updated 9 June 2014

1. Discussion: outfit identity - What is [RPS]? What do we want to be? How do we become that?
      - result: something for next outfit meeting to discuss

2. Council responsibilities - look over the 9-point list of council responsibilities and discuss how to fulfil them
      1. Ways to promote in-game leadership
      2. Event nights - getting things going in a timely fashion
      3. Outfit introductions - making sure they happen
      4. Should responsibilities be distributed or shared between council members?

3. Verify that outfit webpage and stickied forum threads are up to date
    4. [RPS] server reputation - should we try to guage it?
    5. Suggest a process for tightening recruitment policy?
      - result: a suggestion for next outfit meeting to consider

6. In-game ranks:
      1. Balloon leaders - do we need them? What in-game authority/responsibility should the rank imply?
        - result: possibly the demotion of all BLs to Girofficer
      2. Sexiest Giraffes - how about a name change so it's clearer who these people are? Councillor?

Note: discussion of point 1 seems like a good idea, but should probably be kept short, since there is a lot of other stuff to discuss.
    ----------------

Anything else I should add?

When is a good time for the meeting?

Edit: added point 5.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 09-06-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

I'm flexible but would prefer it to be sometime this weekend.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I think in advance we should all come up with ways to promote SL/PLing and help there.

Discuss updating of stickies/website etc and who should do what

Event night overviews - start times/end times etc. It was mentioned that on certain nights we were taking too long to get things started.

Further to BL promotions - do we have an outline of what we think should be included responsibility wise?

Outfit introductions.

I can't really do the weekend (birthday) so I'm pretty busy.

As far as I know there are only 3 BLs left (Me, Cmaster and Kiwi) with the council now all being Sexy. I'm more than happy to be a Girofficer if you want to reuse the BL rank level for something more clearly defined.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I agree with everything proposed, but much like Cephas this weekend isn't all too great for me. So how about having it next weekend? Perhaps on sunday?

This gives people time to propose stuff for the council. Also, if we have fortnightly council meetings, this means that we will have a meeting just before the next outfit meeting, which would be nice as well (there is of course a point to be raised for having a council meeting the same week as outfit meetings).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I say we should just have Girofficers for now and maybe make something entirely new of the old BL rank later on. I don't have any good suggestions for what to do with it, but perhaps someone else does?

@SirHoc
    I'm actually inclined to think we've probably already got a big enough chunk to focus on for the time being, and i'd personally like to keep the momentum up and things fresh in the memory if at all possible.

How does Monday evening @ 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) sound to you all?

@LaKroy
    I was thinking the same thing actually. Less of a divide between the roles and expectations could be a good thing, especially now that we have a different structure to how that system was proposed to work. Something to add to the list, definitely.

Edit: Suggested topic for the meeting - Outfit Identity. What are we, who do we want to be and how should we best do that.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 06-06-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Activated Node
    I can do Monday evening @ 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT).

Fairly busy this weekend and can't do between Weds-Sunday next week (wedding shenanigans)

9pm on Monday is an appalling idea. It a disastrous idea. It is an apocalyptically bad idea. Game of Thrones dude!!!

err.... 8pm gmt is ok....but not 9 mmmkay?
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    It'd be 20:00 BST I assume, actually?

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    How does Monday evening @ 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) sound to you all?
    Oh yes yes whatever mr pedantic Cephas over here.

Laldy, that's what i said!

Can we all do this?
    Last edited by NickWhite; 06-06-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    @SirHoc
    I'm actually inclined to think we've probably already got a big enough chunk to focus on for the time being, and i'd personally like to keep the momentum up and things fresh in the memory if at all possible.
    That's actually really fair. I'm just being a bit overambitious. :P

And monday should work perfectly for me. Especially if we keep the meeting to under one hour so Laldy doesn't miss GoT.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

I cannot do Monday night. I'll be away all Monday evening.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

I should be able to attend on Monday evening.

So, is this meeting still on for tonight 20:00 BST?

Well, I cannot make it. I don't want that to stop the rest of you, if you can get five people, though.

I updated the original post with a revised agenda.

I would like to strongly suggest that the council does not try to define outfit identity. I don't think that is within our mandate. I would however like to see the council discuss whether the current definition of who we are is still accurate and/or desirable, and, if it's found lacking somehow, to produce something to be discussed during the next outfit meeting.

I would also like to strongly suggest that this discussion is kept pretty short, since there is a lot of other stuff on the agenda.

FYI, here are my opinions:

1. I actually think that the manifesto is pretty much still accurate. Maybe TACGIR isn't such a big thing anymore, maybe we should emphasise the effectiveness more, I don't know? It feels quite right to me as it is.
    2. ...
    3. ...
    4. Yes, I think we should try to get a feeling for how we are seen by other outfits on Miller
    5. I strongly believe that forum presence is important for the sense of community and for information transfer. I would ideally like to go so far as to say that members should be reachable somehow. A mailing list for the most important outfit info would be nice, but I realise, at this point impractical. I think that requiring a forum post, possibly in the "Introduce yourself" thread, or in a new "[VS] Outfit Recruitment" thread is a really good idea. I propose the following process:

- Join us on Mumble and get a squad invite. Play with us for a bit and see if you like it.
      - If you still want to keep playing with us, go register on the forum and post in the appropriate thread.
      - Once someone with invite rights is online you can ask them for an outfit invite. They will verify your forum presence and get you into the outfit.
    6. BLs should go, for now. Sexiest Giraffes might be a weird name? I suggest something that more clearly indicates who these people are.

Edit: oh, and I think one of us should make a new Thread of Threads thread and maintain it, in Ksempac's absence. The same goes for MrEclectic's PS2 resources thread. Whenever the person maintaining these threads tires of it, someone else makes a new one with up-to-date information.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 09-06-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I tried changing the name of the rank after last meeting to "Council Member" but it wouldn't let me.

Also, I think it's safe to remove me from that rank. After I dmeoted myself, the API now records "Outfit Leader" as Eso. I think that is calculated as the person to have the highest rank for longest. I got promoted back after a bug was mentioned, but I don't think the outfit leader bug will be a problem for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Also, I think it's safe to remove me from that rank. After I dmeoted myself, the API now records "Outfit Leader" as Eso.
    MwahahaHAHAHA! It's all coming together!! Oh, did I say that out loud?

You always have to watch out for the quiet ones...